Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 02:51 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 309 Likes on 153 Posts

I can’t speak about the pros / cons of PADM, but as far as I understand these are standard on the T as part of a “light” Sport Chrono package. Ticking the SC box added the clock and some lap timing features... worth it on the T, IMO.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:02 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

I had PADM failure in my 981. One of the reason I traded her in. My understanding is they've improved the system, much fewer failures...

I was hesitant to go down the road again, but am rolling the dice. The T has PADM standard. Ticking the SC box only ads the wart on the dash, which I actually use and the track precision software, just as discussed above. No way to go with static mounts, based on my discussion with my SA

Old 11-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
I had PADM failure in my 981. One of the reason I traded her in. My understanding is they've improved the system, much fewer failures...

I was hesitant to go down the road again, but am rolling the dice. The T has PADM standard. Ticking the SC box only ads the wart on the dash, which I actually use and the track precision software, just as discussed above. No way to go with static mounts, based on my discussion with my SA

Curious that none of T literature or specs I have read indicates PADM as standard on the T or did I miss it? Seems strange they would list it as part of Chrono option for the T if it was standard?

if it is standard seems like most of reviews miss this additional feature that brings value to T over base car.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:18 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 275 Posts

Cool welcome gift came while I was away. Got it today. Contains a letter from the President, Klaus Zellmer, hardcover book called The Porsche Principle, (really cool info) a softcover 911 overview, a carbon fiber 911 pen and a cool card. Best welcome gift I have gotten from a manufacturer so far. I got a USB drive from BMW when I bought my brand new 2016 M3, boring.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:09 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 593 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I'm officially an owner! Probably the first to take delivery with snow tires on too!

Quoting this on purpose. Beautiful choice in colors. The white with red interior would have been my second choice. Well done! Congrats!
Old 11-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 599 Likes on 277 Posts

Sexy ! I did white & grey but glass top & different wheels. I also did factory 5mm spacers for fun
congrats
matty
Old 11-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

I really wanted silver. I think it shows the lines the best. I've looked at all the colors side-by-side and for me the lines just pop with silver. Also, love the silver pinstripes on the seats. Looks very classy to me. The only thing I added is the sport chrono clock in guards red. I love that little accent.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:45 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myrr
I can’t speak about the pros / cons of PADM, but as far as I understand these are standard on the T as part of a “light” Sport Chrono package.
Porsche marketing language is misleading with the SC « light » package: « light » actually means that for the T Sport Chrono does not come with the PADM regardless whether you tick the SC box or not. We get the mode selector **** on the steering wheel, the difference in throttle response, auto blip on downshifts and less intrusive electronic nannies (when Sport+ mode is activated). Porsche took the « less is more » thing serious with the « light » SC package :-)

@bonn72: beautiful car - love the red accent with the SC watch - nicely complements the red gear scheme on the gear lever ****.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:21 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porsche-Jeck

@bonn72: beautiful car - love the red accent with the SC watch - nicely complements the red gear scheme on the gear lever ****.
Thanks sir! I agree. That was an unintended bonus.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:25 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bonn72
I really wanted silver. I think it shows the lines the best. I've looked at all the colors side-by-side and for me the lines just pop with silver. Also, love the silver pinstripes on the seats. Looks very classy to me. The only thing I added is the sport chrono clock in guards red. I love that little accent.
Nice!
Old 11-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bonn72

Our cars are almost twins:

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A...9XJS106603.pdf

I will post photos of mine when she arrives.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Haliax

Our cars are almost twins:

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A...9XJS106603.pdf

I will post photos of mine when she arrives.
That’s awesome!
Old 11-18-2018, 11:29 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche-Jeck

Porsche marketing language is misleading with the SC « light » package: « light » actually means that for the T Sport Chrono does not come with the PADM regardless whether you tick the SC box or not. We get the mode selector **** on the steering wheel, the difference in throttle response, auto blip on downshifts and less intrusive electronic nannies (when Sport+ mode is activated). Porsche took the « less is more » thing serious with the « light » SC package :-)

Not the way it was explained to me. Light literally meant the "weight savings" of the wart. Dynamic engine mounts are standard.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-06-2019)
Old 11-19-2018, 01:30 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo

Curious that none of T literature or specs I have read indicates PADM as standard on the T or did I miss it? Seems strange they would list it as part of Chrono option for the T if it was standard?

if it is standard seems like most of reviews miss this additional feature that brings value to T over base car.
The very reason why I had to directly ask my SA about it. I'd be curious if anyone has been told different, but based on what I was told, PADM is standard even without the rest of the SC stuff. I'd rather it wasn't, as I'd take some more vibration and stiffness, to avoid any possible gremlins with the electronics... We shall see.

S
Old 11-19-2018, 01:49 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
The very reason why I had to directly ask my SA about it. I'd be curious if anyone has been told different, but based on what I was told, PADM is standard even without the rest of the SC stuff. I'd rather it wasn't, as I'd take some more vibration and stiffness, to avoid any possible gremlins with the electronics... We shall see.

S
I specifically gave my VIN to the parts department and asked for new engine mounts. I asked if they were Dynamic or not.

They said they were NOT Dynamic.

No PADM on the T (at least in USA) and that is a fact.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club