Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2024, 09:31 PM
jayson
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 149 Posts

End of an era, my 991.2 Lava T is for sale to make room for my soon to arrive GT4RS.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1426451

Someone give it a good home.

The following 4 users liked this post by jayson:
MingusDew (08-22-2024), spdracerut (08-22-2024), spyderbret (08-22-2024), Wing Commander (08-22-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 04:38 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,307 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by jayson
End of an era, my 991.2 Lava T is for sale to make room for my soon to arrive GT4RS.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1426451

Someone give it a good home.
She’s a beauty. 🧡 Good luck with the sale!
Old 08-22-2024, 05:52 PM
Sk8erpope
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 15 Posts

The following 5 users liked this post by Sk8erpope:
jt3sd (08-22-2024), Mhoyle (08-24-2024), MingusDew (08-22-2024), SFZ GT3 (08-22-2024), timothymoffat (08-22-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 11:43 PM
jt3sd
Instructor

Received 162 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Sk8erpope

The following 3 users liked this post by jt3sd:
MingusDew (08-24-2024), Sk8erpope (08-23-2024), timothymoffat (08-23-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 09:44 PM
joe'sdad
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Glad to be here

16 months after selling my .2 GT3T, I’m back in the brand for a third go with a .2 C2T. I’m thinking this may be a great fit. Love the idea of a tune and a better note out the back. Would love to see if 21s in the rear are possible.
Old 09-04-2024, 10:46 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

Interesting - and grats! A lot T folks openly pine for the GT3T. Would be curious to hear your thoughts on that!
Old 09-04-2024, 11:41 PM
joe'sdad
Advanced

Originally Posted by myrr
Interesting - and grats! A lot T folks openly pine for the GT3T. Would be curious to hear your thoughts on that!
I know it’s a habit to over research and end up gold plating true needs. But I think that so many high performing cars are 3/10th for most folks. I drove the GT3T as a daily for 20k over 18 months. I’m not a racer. But after getting thru the PTX Masters RS course, it’s easily obvious to me that the C2S is the top of the food chain… a 6/10th car for the road and 8/10 for most of us on the track unless you also happen to spend time in a real race car, more car is worthless. I’m looking to actually use most of the car I own rather than spend $ on the show-off occasional launch.

Got the T over the S or the 992 for the far superior visceral experience. It’s a great car. And cheap gains from tuning if you really need more.

But honestly, while the GTS and GT3 are amazing, most everything above the S is either status or a lack of imagination regarding what to do with disposable income. Unfortunately there are so many multiple owner cars with 2k miles a year. Obviously not owned by drivers but the farkle crowd who update the exhaust to sound cool at Starbucks.

It’s too bad too, the 911 is still a very track capable car straight off the lot. So for me it’s Chin track days at Sebring… and see if I can gain the skills to make the most of it.

Phew… I’m going for a drive 😎

The following 4 users liked this post by joe'sdad:
ducktails (09-05-2024), Pin It (09-05-2024), shotor (09-05-2024), spyderbret (09-05-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 11:52 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

Well put! Enjoy!
Old 09-05-2024, 12:35 PM
ducktails
Racer

Received 463 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by joe'sdad
either status or a lack of imagination regarding what to do with disposable income. Unfortunately there are so many multiple owner cars with 2k miles a year.
Everything else being equal, that engine is worth it for the sound/experience alone, and I'd prefer the 6 speed ... but I freely admit I don't have the disposable income to justify paying 'market price' (+$130K on top of the MSRP, i.e. a whole Carrera T) for a used car that someone probably rode hard and put away wet before flipping it!

Old 09-05-2024, 12:55 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 268 Posts

I know it’s a habit to over research and end up gold plating true needs. But I think that so many high performing cars are 3/10th for most folks. I drove the GT3T as a daily for 20k over 18 months. I’m not a racer. But after getting thru the PTX Masters RS course, it’s easily obvious to me that the C2S is the top of the food chain… a 6/10th car for the road and 8/10 for most of us on the track unless you also happen to spend time in a real race car, more car is worthless. I’m looking to actually use most of the car I own rather than spend $ on the show-off occasional launch.

Got the T over the S or the 992 for the far superior visceral experience. It’s a great car. And cheap gains from tuning if you really need more.

But honestly, while the GTS and GT3 are amazing, most everything above the S is either status or a lack of imagination regarding what to do with disposable income. Unfortunately there are so many multiple owner cars with 2k miles a year. Obviously not owned by drivers but the farkle crowd who update the exhaust to sound cool at Starbucks.

It’s too bad too, the 911 is still a very track capable car straight off the lot. So for me it’s Chin track days at Sebring… and see if I can gain the skills to make the most of it.

Phew… I’m going for a drive 😎
I'm turning 2:22s in my 991.2 T at Sebring on a simple tune, brake upgrade, and Sport Cup 2s. It's a very capable tool on track!!

Last edited by jakermc; 09-05-2024 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2024, 01:02 PM
joe'sdad
Advanced

Originally Posted by jakermc
I'm turning 2:22s in my 991.2 T at Sebring on a simple tune and Sport Cup 2s. It's a very capable tool on track!!
Nice! The S1 tune that comes with the Accessport? Did you do a filter?

Chin or PCA at Sebring? I'm in Sarasota.

Unfortunately the new to me T has fresh PZeros that I'll try to wear down ASAP for some Michelins. I run the S4 on my E39, but loved the SC2s - I'm starting my search to determine if I can go a size up in the rear.
Old 09-05-2024, 01:15 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Nice! The S1 tune that comes with the Accessport? Did you do a filter?

Chin or PCA at Sebring? I'm in Sarasota.

Unfortunately the new to me T has fresh PZeros that I'll try to wear down ASAP for some Michelins. I run the S4 on my E39, but loved the SC2s - I'm starting my search to determine if I can go a size up in the rear.
APR Stage 1 with access port. I did drop a BMC filter in, but I don't see it as a performance upgrade. It might help, but I haven't seen any real data. I was already in there, so a 'why not' kind of purchase. LOL You will have to upgrade brakes if you are intermediate or above and if a very fast driver you will experience heat soak on the turbos in the summer (corrected with Tial intake and elbow upgrades). There will be a feature article on my car coming out in Panorama magazine this fall.

I usually run with Performance Driving Group, but do join others. Too many race cars in the Chin Advanced group, so not a good fit for a street car IMO.

The Sport Cup 2s work very well on this car in their stock sizes. Very well balanced, i would not go larger on the rear. Here is my last drive at Sebring in 90+ degree heat. I made several technical mistakes on this lap, so not a clean lap (absolutely blew my entry and apex at T15 in particular), but look at the grip this car gives you at the limit. Or better yet, LISTEN to the tires giving it their all. Especially in T17, which had my full attention!!

The following users liked this post:
IRunalot (Yesterday)
Old 09-05-2024, 01:18 PM
joe'sdad
Advanced

Originally Posted by jakermc
APR Stage 1 with access port. I did drop a BMC filter in, but I don't see it as a performance upgrade. It might help, but I haven't seen any real data. I was already in there, so a 'why not' kind of purchase. LOL You will have to upgrade brakes if you are intermediate or above and if a very fast driver you will experience heat soak on the turbos in the summer (corrected with Tial intake and elbow upgrades). There will be a feature article on my car coming out in Panorama magazine this fall.

I usually run with Performance Driving Group, but do join others. Too many race cars in the Chin Advanced group, so not a good fit for a street car IMO.

The Sport Cup 2s work very well on this car in their stock sizes. Very well balanced, i would not go larger on the rear. Here is my last drive at Sebring in 90+ degree heat. I made several technical mistakes on this lap, so not a clean lap (absolutely blew my entry and apex at T15 in particular), but look at the grip this car gives you at the limit. Or better yet, LISTEN to the tires giving it their all. Especially in T17, which had my full attention!!
Wowzer! I'm just getting started. I'm salivating at that vid. Other than Barber, I've only done a few "spirited" parade laps at Sebring.

I was happy with the PCCBs on my GT3T, so glad for now that this T has them as well. Thanks so much for the info on wheels and your tune. Learning curve initiated!
Old 09-05-2024, 01:27 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Wowzer! I'm just getting started. I'm salivating at that vid. Other than Barber, I've only done a few "spirited" parade laps at Sebring.

I was happy with the PCCBs on my GT3T, so glad for now that this T has them as well. Thanks so much for the info on wheels and your tune. Learning curve initiated!

The PCCB are track ready, so no upgrade needed. But when the time comes, expensive to replace. But don't let that scare you, I ran them on my GT4 for several years at the track and the rotors still had plenty of life. Careful warm up and cool down are important, but if you take care of them they can be quite durable.
IRunalot (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
joe'sdad
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Yep, as with my T, the GT3 will be my sole car and daily driver.

I know this will be unusual for a GT3, but I love the sense of occasion that I experience every time that I drive it!

It only had 12,800 miles on it when I got it. It’s a late 2017 car, so it’ll be a little while before my daily driving takes the mileage to ‘excessive’ for a GT3, I think.
I just went the other way! :-)
You’ll love that car, my ‘19 was the same colorway exactly, minus the spoiler and I enjoyed 18k as a daily. Now I have a plain black ‘19 T with PCCBs and plan to drive it enthusiastically!
Wing Commander (Today)

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club