Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by slvr993
Great Article on the T in this months 000 magazine.
Yes, I was about to post the same thing! This issue (#6) has lots of T content. For those that don’t subscribe, it’s a great intro to 000. Pick up issue 6 when it becomes available for ordering in a few weeks.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:59 PM
SJDave
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked my T up on Wednesday. Absolutely thrilled with it. Wishing I could put it on a treadmill to somehow blow past the break-in period ("Keep it below 75MPH until you hit 2000 miles" - oops, already violated that one). Absolutely feeling and loving the RAS, at least at slow speeds.

My build is reasonably common, at least according to what has been posted here. Carrera GT Silver, manual, AL pedals, RAS, Bose, Carrera T Interior in Black and Guards Red, Seat Heating, Multi-function Steering Wheel, "De-T'ed" Side Decals, Chrono, Seat Heating. Only thing I'm second guessing about the build, and about to address, is not getting the colored wheel center caps - just to add a bit of color. I'm a week away from PPF as well.

Came from a 981 Boxster S, and at least to date and without haven driven the 911 "in anger", am pleasantly surprised by the T's handling. Doesn't seem as big as I feared, nor as tail happy, though wondering how much the rear steering shrinks the car.

Obligatory pics.

Final cleaning

Safely home

T Interior, with Guards Red belts and pinstripes. Love it.

On top of Mt. Umunhum
Old 07-13-2018, 10:07 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats - Car looks perfect ( and exactly like mine). I've owned a lot of Porsches all the way up to 2016 and 2018 GT3s and the more I drive the T the more I think it may be my favorite. Enjoy!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:31 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Congrats. Looks great.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:52 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,219 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
Yes, I was about to post the same thing! This issue (#6) has lots of T content. For those that don’t subscribe, it’s a great intro to 000. Pick up issue 6 when it becomes available for ordering in a few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,219 Likes on 448 Posts

Looks great, SJDave. Congrats!

You’re lucky over there (I’m in the UK) to be able to avoid the front number plate. Must be more aerodynamic, and makes the car even quicker!
Old 07-14-2018, 12:55 PM
racemor
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SJDave
My build is reasonably common, at least according to what has been posted here. Carrera GT Silver, manual, AL pedals, RAS, Bose, Carrera T Interior in Black and Guards Red, Seat Heating, Multi-function Steering Wheel, "De-T'ed" Side Decals, Chrono, Seat Heating. Only thing I'm second guessing about the build, and about to address, is not getting the colored wheel center caps - just to add a bit of color. I'm a week away from PPF as well.
Nice! Looks like a near twin of mine, should be picking up next week. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:57 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Today was a epic morning.

1 - Dealer said my build (PKWCADV9) locked down yesterday ... so no more endless pouring over pro & cons of every option (weight, center of mass - pdk, long term realiability, old age needs, etc, etc).

2. Dealer just told me build it says my delivery date was already moved up two weeks from end of Sept.

3. Dealer agreed to throw in black Porsche key chain. My wife got some dealer branded metal/leather thingy.

4. And most importantly, got to drive a 911 (base, pdk) for the first time. Loved it. The best part of the test drive was the level of feedback - and the sound of gravel hitting the rear arches like little hail on a tin roof. All I could think was the T will feel/handle nicer with less sound insulation, thinner glass and RAS.

Got a long hard two months in front of me!😱😳🤪😄
Old 07-14-2018, 08:47 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Last week I decided I wanted to have my key matching my GT Silver exterior, but I did not want to pay a ridiculous price for it. Searching on eBay for the cheap key covers in matching colors I could not find GT Silver anywhere, other than the original Porsche part for around $115. Ouch.

For that reason, I decided to do another of my DIY projects. I bought the paint online from ScratchWizard, and was surprised at how perfectly it matched the color on my car.

Since I did not want to mess up my original key covers, I ordered a set of plastic covers from eBay for around $10. I wiped them down with the paint prep liquid included in the ScratchWizard kit to remove any traces of oil, dust and fingerprints. Wearing gloves, I attached a tooth pic to the back using silly-putty to be able to manage the parts while wet.

I applied two layers of the primer, with a very light coating the first time, waited 15 minutes and then applied another coat. I got a perfectly smooth finish all over.

After another 30 minutes, I applied the first of 3 coats of the base paint, waiting 30 minutes between coats. To keep the covers perfectly horizontal, I stuck the other end of the toothpick to a block of modeling clay while drying.

Finally, I applied 3 layers of Clear Coat, with 30 minutes in between. First two layers were light coats, and finalized with a "wet" coat (heavier) for the final layer.

I am EXTREMELY happy with how the key covers turned out. They look absolutely perfect, both in color, and finish. It looks just like the paint on my Carrera T! And now I also have the leftover paint to do minor fixes if it ever becomes necessary, on the key or the car

Here you can see the key, with my new keyring on top of the car to compare the color and finish. By the way, instead of using a metal ring on the key, I decided to do a leather loop, with the same black leather I used for my fusebox covers and my dashboard end-panels, and finished it with a couple of stitches of the same Guards Red thread used in the car.

So, here it is:

So, what do you think?
Old 07-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Looks hot alex!!!! I went a different route and did acid green with black middle stripe. Just for giggles. Actually pops pretty nice
Old 07-15-2018, 07:32 AM
Porscheplease
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anybody is considering selling their 911T I'm interested. Must be a manual and have RAS. GT Silver, black or white would be preferred.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

There are several on dealer lots. Search carrera on autotrader and look for the carrera t sticker on the side. They are not listed separately
Old 07-15-2018, 10:18 AM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Where are you guys sourcing the 911T rear grill badges ?
Old 07-15-2018, 10:35 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

The dealer or Suncoast, they are 1968-72 vehicle badges.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:56 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 156 Posts

Nice work Alex! I'm pining for my car while traveling!

cheers!

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club