Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 05:41 PM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw one at my dealer for the first time on Saturday (racing yellow like yours which looks as good in person as it does in your photos!)

It looked great and the Carrera T interior in yellow looks awesome as well. It wasn’t full leather (I’ve gone for the full dash, steering column, extended leather to doors etc) but it is a real point of difference over other models.

I’m also on the fence with the standard black plastic trim vs leather on the cup holder / door panel etc. in Australia it’s free to go with the leather. Which one did you go with?

Old 05-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,257 Likes on 465 Posts

Thanks! Glad that you like the car in Racing Yellow.

It's free to go with that leather trim option in the UK too, so I went for it. In my opinion, those items look better trimmed in black leather rather than the standard shiny black plastic.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 05-13-2018, 06:42 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Macduc
I saw one at my dealer for the first time on Saturday (racing yellow like yours which looks as good in person as it does in your photos!)

It looked great and the Carrera T interior in yellow looks awesome as well. It wasn’t full leather (I’ve gone for the full dash, steering column, extended leather to doors etc) but it is a real point of difference over other models.

I’m also on the fence with the standard black plastic trim vs leather on the cup holder / door panel etc. in Australia it’s free to go with the leather. Which one did you go with?

I also went for the extended leather instead of the shiny plastic and love the look. And no dust particles visible and no scratches. In my opinion it is a no-brainer being a $0 option and over $1,000 in other models.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:19 PM
RRRRR
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a T on order and need to lock in my build shortly. I’m going to go with GT Silver, PCCB’s and Carrera T yellow interior but was wondering if anyone has seen a Porsche side decal in a grey colour that would match the mirrors / rims. I’m possibly thinking of the Porsche script in yellow to match the Calipers.
If I go this way, I’m assuming the Carrera T script on the side is under the clear coat which means I would need to delete this in my build? Just wondering thoughts on going with a side decal different to the T?
Hi Macduc, I'm living in Sydney as well and picked up my T last week, you have made a great choice of color, brake and leather interior. Mine is racing yellow and PCCB and leather interior, If you want to come and have a look, happy to show my car to you. Send me a PM

Btw, I'm wondering how much discount they offered you?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:48 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RRRRR
Hi Macduc, I'm living in Sydney as well and picked up my T last week, you have made a great choice of color, brake and leather interior. Mine is racing yellow and PCCB and leather interior, If you want to come and have a look, happy to show my car to you. Send me a PM

You must be one of the first ones - congratulations. I do love the racing yellow (one arrived at Sth Sydney this weekend - looks really good, but standard brakes). I thought I was the only crazy one getting PCCB’s on a T! Glad to hear I am not alone.

What seats did you go with? I have been back and forward on this - I love the look of the LWB’s but am not sure that having no rear seats may be a set back if I ever sell.

I haven’t locked in my build and final price yet so I am not sure on final discounts. Where did you pick yours up from?
Old 05-14-2018, 12:13 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

I love the look of the LWB’s but am not sure that having no rear seats may be a set back if I ever sell.
I have the LWBS (see first posts away above).
a) Given that LWBS aren't normally available on the base/S 911's (or GTS?), I'd think the demand may be greater for a car with LWBS.
b) At 6'-3" (190cm) I have just an inch (couple of cms) behind the seats... I wonder just how many people really prioritize having, or end up using, functioning back seats. I see kids listed here a bunch, but I bet 95% of times these cars are driven, I bet they have <2 occupants.

That said, the pinstripe seats look amazing.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:28 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

If you consider the LWB to be too upright or strains your neck, you may consider these/ The GT guys love them

https://www.autoquestcars.com/custom-07
Old 05-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,257 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I have the LWBS (see first posts away above).
a) Given that LWBS aren't normally available on the base/S 911's (or GTS?), I'd think the demand may be greater for a car with LWBS.
b) At 6'-3" (190cm) I have just an inch (couple of cms) behind the seats... I wonder just how many people really prioritize having, or end up using, functioning back seats. I see kids listed here a bunch, but I bet 95% of times these cars are driven, I bet they have <2 occupants.

That said, the pinstripe seats look amazing.

My Carrera T is my sole car and a daily driver. The 2+2 nature of the 911 is what got me into one in the first place. The T is my second 911. I have daughters aged 17 & 22. Both have been in the back. My girlfriend's 14 year old son was recently in the back for about 200 miles over a long weekend. The 911 really is a practical sports car.

Clearly, those looking for a 911 as a weekend toy or a track car will be less bothered about having rear seats.

And yes, the pinstripe seats do look amazing.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:15 PM
RRRRR
Instructor

You must be one of the first ones - congratulations. I do love the racing yellow (one arrived at Sth Sydney this weekend - looks really good, but standard brakes). I thought I was the only crazy one getting PCCB’s on a T! Glad to hear I am not alone.

What seats did you go with? I have been back and forward on this - I love the look of the LWB’s but am not sure that having no rear seats may be a set back if I ever sell.

I haven’t locked in my build and final price yet so I am not sure on final discounts. Where did you pick yours up from?
Yea, I think PCCB is a must, because standard brake is downgrade carrera S brake, some people opt with standard brake are already start a topic of replacing T brake to carrera S brake. Seems that they haven't find a solution yet. So I think the best way and best looking is PCCB.
I go with standard 4 way sport seats and NO rear seat. Sport T rex material feels great. I wondering if you have ever seat in a bucket seat or not, but I used to own a GT4 with bucket and it's a nightmare for me and my back. I'm not yet 30s

Regarding the rear seat, I think I made a good choice, the engine makes so much noise and thanks to lightweight glass, the noise is even louder, not good for kids ear. But if you are afraid of resell value, opt with it.

IMO, bucket seat and rear seat delete will eventually make this car having an even better resell value. But the question is, how long can keep sitting in that seat?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:16 PM
RRRRR
Instructor

Car picked up from Willoughby and sale manager there gave me some good discount, I can help you to reach him.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Yea, I think PCCB is a must, because standard brake is downgrade carrera S brake, some people opt with standard brake are already start a topic of replacing T brake to carrera S brake. Seems that they haven't find a solution yet. So I think the best way and best looking is PCCB.
I go with standard 4 way sport seats and NO rear seat. Sport T rex material feels great. I wondering if you have ever seat in a bucket seat or not, but I used to own a GT4 with bucket and it's a nightmare for me and my back. I'm not yet 30s

Regarding the rear seat, I think I made a good choice, the engine makes so much noise and thanks to lightweight glass, the noise is even louder, not good for kids ear. But if you are afraid of resell value, opt with it.

IMO, bucket seat and rear seat delete will eventually make this car having an even better resell value. But the question is, how long can keep sitting in that seat?
I had the 18 ways in my GT3 991.1 but I have not ever driven anything with LWB’s (although have sat in them at the dealership but that’s not enough to make a decision). I will work on taking a drive in a set before I lock in my build.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Car picked up from Willoughby and sale manager there gave me some good discount, I can help you to reach him.
I know the GM Sean well (and I purchased a Cayenne from Ben a few years ago). Good guys. I am going through South Sydney though as my GT3’s came from there as at the time Sean couldn’t get me an allocation. Willoughby is good though.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:22 PM
RRRRR
Instructor

I had the 18 ways in my GT3 991.1 but I have not ever driven anything with LWB’s (although have sat in them at the dealership but that’s not enough to make a decision). I will work on taking a drive in a set before I lock in my build.

Definitely. for me I'll opt a LWB for GT car and 4 way or sofa for touring cars. But you can't tell unless you driving more than 1 hour in that LWB
Old 05-15-2018, 09:15 PM
RRRRR
Instructor

I know the GM Sean well (and I purchased a Cayenne from Ben a few years ago). Good guys. I am going through South Sydney though as my GT3’s came from there as at the time Sean couldn’t get me an allocation. Willoughby is good though.
Sad story for me, waiting on the list for many years and beg for a .2 GT3 in Sydney South, no luck at all. I think all allocation are gone already. Anyway, you may try to ask some decent discount for this T, I'd say try 10% off :)
Old 05-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Sad story for me, waiting on the list for many years and beg for a .2 GT3 in Sydney South, no luck at all. I think all allocation are gone already. Anyway, you may try to ask some decent discount for this T, I'd say try 10% off :)
Thanks for the heads up - will try my best

Hope to see you on the road!

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>