Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

000 Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 12:19 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 464 Likes on 315 Posts

I'm patiently awaiting the postman today as issue #12 is suppose to be delivered.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:30 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

Broke down this week and ordered issue #6 for the Carrera T content. Really looking forward to reading something not stuffed to the brim with advertisements. If the bias is kept to a minimum I will be a happy man.

Panorama and Roundel continue to be love letters to PCNA and BMWNA respectively so they keep their factory connections alive.

Only when a car is out of production do we actually get to hear what authors really think of the cars they are testing.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:33 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by mathus7
Just received a surprise heavy box from Porsche NA yesterday. In it were three smaller boxes that contained copies of 000 issues # 9, # 10 and # 11. Also included was a letter indicating that as one of first to take delivery of a 992 that I was receiving a free subscription. I had never heard of "000" so it was a fantastic surprise. This is an incredible magazine.
^ Right on, and glad 000 met you well.

Originally Posted by gcurnew
That might explain why no 9 and 10 available, even though they are recent issues: PCNA bough a bunch. Hopefully I'll be able to score one - #10 - to complete my set (which includes the Prototyp issue)
^ Indeed. While the order didn't immediately sell out 009 or 010, back-issue sales on our website exhausted the remaining supply sooner than expected.

It's a good thing you have Prototyp, as I think it's the hardest to get ahold of.

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
000 is the best!

God bless,
TT
Many thanks, Tom!

Originally Posted by n8kruger
PCNA is paying attention! This is a good thing. Still waiting for my 000 storage binders. Should look better than pizza boxes on the shelves.
Those binders are handmade here in the USA, and should be own their way to you soon. I think you'll dig them, and yes, they definitely beat the pizza boxes—which were never meant to be saved.

Originally Posted by Ikone
That's great to hear. I'm glad 000 was able to make a deal with PCNA. I only received a small book about the 992 containing history of the 911, but it's a great book nonetheless and came in a nice sleeve.
We are, too, and I was impressed with PCNA's professionalism throughout the deal. No strings were attached, and (importantly to me, as a longtime Porsche customer) PCNA's protection of its customers' info was beyond reproach. It took some figuring on how to avoid overlap, as 000 wasn't open to disclosing full names or location info, either, but in the end both parties came up with a plan that eliminated as much overlap as possible while not sharing lists with a backup plan to take care of anyone we missed. PCNA has a method for its customers, but we will happily back that up for our own customers via info @ 000magazine.com

As for that small book in the sleeve, I got one of those too. I'm not sure of the exact method PCNA used to determine which of its customers received a subscription to 000, but my understanding is the initiative was intended to convey that PCNA does keep track of its most loyal 911 and/or sports car customers, and to say thank you. (I didn't qualify either, btw, but hopefully I would have been weeded out had I! )

Originally Posted by mikeearly
Pete, as a 75 year old certified gear-head I have been looking at one auto related magazine or another for all of my life - well at least since I could turn pages to look at the photos - so let's say for over 70 years. Your magazine -- nah -- book obviously takes a ton of hours to research, create, layout, etc. I don't think you could coordinate enough staff to do that on a weekly basis -- and besides that it usually takes me a while to get thru an issue. So, quarterly is working out great for me.

Just keep maintaining the quality level you have with great writers and photographers and I'll be a very happy individual.
Thanks, Mike! We'll keep doing our best, but 000 has to get better. Just back from our first annual "editorial retreat," and am excited about 2020…
Originally Posted by DBH
I'm patiently awaiting the postman today as issue #12 is suppose to be delivered.
Hope it showed up, or will shortly, and that it meets you well.

Originally Posted by ClassJ
Broke down this week and ordered issue #6 for the Carrera T content. Really looking forward to reading something not stuffed to the brim with advertisements. If the bias is kept to a minimum I will be a happy man.
Right on, and hope you enjoy. That was a very fun road test, and it finally helped me put the Carrera T into proper context alongside the Carrera when two of two press trips—that I drove a Carrera to, or to the airport—really didn't. Some Porsches are a bit more complex, or subtle—or both—compared to similar models. This was one of those times.
The following users liked this post:
ClassJ (12-30-2019)
Old 12-30-2019, 06:50 PM
HNSC4S
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassJ

Panorama and Roundel continue to be love letters to PCNA and BMWNA respectively so they keep their factory connections alive.

Only when a car is out of production do we actually get to hear what authors really think of the cars they are testing.

i just did the same as a T vs a base will likely be my next move - it was very helpful - love the detail/nuance
The following users liked this post:
ClassJ (12-30-2019)
Old 12-30-2019, 07:00 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,888 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by mathus7
Just received a surprise heavy box from Porsche NA yesterday. In it were three smaller boxes that contained copies of 000 issues # 9, # 10 and # 11. Also included was a letter indicating that as one of first to take delivery of a 992 that I was receiving a free subscription. I had never heard of "000" so it was a fantastic surprise. This is an incredible magazine.
Originally Posted by Ikone
That's great to hear. I'm glad 000 was able to make a deal with PCNA. I only received a small book about the 992 containing history of the 911, but it's a great book nonetheless and came in a nice sleeve.
Lucky for you. I bought a 991.2 GT3 RS and didn't receive jack. Even had to wait 8 months for the proper steering wheel....
Old 12-30-2019, 07:04 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
"Flappy paddles are for grandmas." Andreas Preuninger
Love that quote from AP.

God bless,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 12-30-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:13 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

006 (of course) on the way...

Old 12-30-2019, 07:19 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

just ordered ,,, cheers and Happy 2020
Old 12-30-2019, 09:53 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts

000 is hands down the best magazine I’ve ever laid eyes and hands on - period.

It’s become a bit of a minor obsession if I’m being honest. Even looking at them on my shelf, they look amazing lol.

I need to renew my subscription but I do have every issue (including Prototyp)!
Old 12-31-2019, 07:55 AM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
I finally decided to give it a try and after recieving my first issue I coudln't agree more! Totally worth the premium. Road Rat is the only magazine I've read that comes close.

I'm definietly a 000 subscriber for life now!
Old 12-31-2019, 03:03 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by k997

It’s become a bit of a minor obsession if I’m being honest. Even looking at them on my shelf, they look amazing lol.

I need to renew my subscription but I do have every issue (including Prototyp)!
Me to!
My problem is I always trash magazines after reading them but cant stand to with these. Have every one sitting in my office. Dont like keeping these things, will never read them again, but cant stand to part with them! ha
Old 12-31-2019, 05:17 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Me to!
My problem is I always trash magazines after reading them but cant stand to with these. Have every one sitting in my office. Dont like keeping these things, will never read them again, but cant stand to part with them! ha
I give mine to a couple of other car guys--one of whom has, and has had, many Porsches. But I also have given several gift subscriptions.

God bless,
TT
Old 01-17-2020, 09:54 AM
sratner
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still looking for issue 004 if anyone has one for sale please let me know. thanks.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:03 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 850 Likes on 446 Posts

Renewed. You guys went out of your way in fixing that issue 11 glitch, very impressive!
Old 03-25-2020, 03:21 PM
thebrit86
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered 005, 006, and 012 along with some stickers for my 991. Given all the feedback on this thread I'm really looking forward to enjoying them!

Quick Reply: 000 Magazine