Sponsored by:

Landed Carrera T pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:26 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Nice build! Does the seat ventilation give you leather instead of the cloth seats? It looks like it in the photo.
Seat ventilation definitely retains sportex in the seating and backrest areas of the front seats even though I ordered the "full" leather interior. The exception may be the rear seats. They may come in full leather and omit the cloth inserts. Most of the other surfaces, front and rear, are leather. We'll find out next week when I take delivery.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
The brakes appear really small on the T...correct?....also it doesn’t look like the rear fenders are as wide. I don’t know much about the T...but I’m sort of lost on why it’s in the line up of Carrera cars.
The T is a narrow body 911. It also has the base brakes from the base Carrera.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:02 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
Damn looks real nice. Diggin those peddals
I have those pedals on my car. I love them.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:52 PM
dcottam
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a pic but still a car on US Soil:

Old 02-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Churchill
Three Wheelin'

Received 275 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
For me its the ability to get the Buckets, Rear axle steering, and I like the agate grey accents.
The weight savings is minuscule but I like the concept.
I would prefer a GT3 Touring but that's not in the cards for me.
I figure the 911T will make a good pair with my 987 Spyder....
I still don't get it. Why not just get an S? What is the thinking here -- the car is special because it has S options but the base motor and brakes? I'm not knocking it. To each his own, these cars are indulgences of our tastes, and to be sure, tastes are subjective. I just don't understand it.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Churchill
I still don't get it. Why not just get an S? What is the thinking here -- the car is special because it has S options but the base motor and brakes? I'm not knocking it. To each his own, these cars are indulgences of our tastes, and to be sure, tastes are subjective. I just don't understand it.
It fills a gap in demand for those who want some of the options on the S that they can't get on the base model. The S is more expensive, is slanted to be more luxurious in its optional amenities etc. The same could be said about the S, why not just step up and get the GTS? The same could be said about the GTS as well etc etc.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:48 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

Your logic is hard to argue with. Especially when you can build a Carrera S 7MT with all of the performance items of the Carrera T 7MT for $110,270 (code below). For that added $8k over a T, you give up cloth seats, PSE, and a few details—but you get 50 hp, bigger brakes, more color choices, more wheel choices, wheel color choices, and the ability to add a Powerkit down the road.

PJLII9V7
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJLII9V7
Old 02-14-2018, 08:32 PM
PLom
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Configurator does not render headlights correctly. Standard, non-PLDS headlights have silver upper "tacos" as seen in the first images in this thread. The $780 PLDS headlights (non-LED) look similar to the standard headlights but have the upper "taco" shell in black; their lower section is a mix of brightwork and black details; they retain a gray ring around their outer exterior edge (near the paint). The $780 PLDS do not have headlight washers or their nipples ahead of the headlights, starting in MY2018, I believe.
Here are a couple of pictures, it's indeed confusing, because the headlights are also different from the 991.1 series.

Cheers, -Peter

No PDLS

PDLS
Old 02-14-2018, 08:44 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The LWBs allow the use of harnesses and HANS devices, enabling a dual purpose track-street car without having to deal with airbag lights. The S and GTS don’t have this potential. Plus, a tune will get you into S and GTS power range.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:05 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
The LWBs allow the use of harnesses and HANS devices, enabling a dual purpose track-street car without having to deal with airbag lights. The S and GTS don’t have this potential. Plus, a tune will get you into S and GTS power range.
If the LWBs are the kind that fold forward, they are not likely FIA approved and, possibly, dangerous in an accident even with harness and HANS. I’m, essentially, slowly turning my Carrera into a track car and I’ve been researching this, but would love to hear what you have to say. Generally, what works on the street does not really work on the track. There are always compromises and LWBs that fold forward could be a problem. That said, to be honest, I have been thinking about LWB simply because they are factory and don’t have to deal with the airbag lights, but don’t drive the car on the street like I do on the track so I’m concerned about it. Don’t mean to hijack the thread. Just a thought for anyone tracking their 991.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:44 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dcottam
Not a pic but still a car on US Soil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-2pscfkk6Y

any my idea how much weight removing rear seats, belts saves?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:48 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan
If the LWBs are the kind that fold forward,
They are 1 piece non-folding buckets. I have a 2.5 year old daughter, or else they would be on my option list.

On the thought of a stripper S vs the T, I configured a GTS with nothing but the bare minimum. $122,450 it is a compelling argument versus the $112,760 that my T order comes out to. here is the GTS spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJTRIA16 versus the T spec http://www.porsche-code.com/PJERZZS8
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The LWBs are the same seats used in US GT3 and GT4 cars. The passenger seat does not have a bottom cutout for using 5 or 6 point harnesses, but the driver seat does. Both seats can be used with 4 point harnesses.

Scroll down to second belt option:

https://www.schrothracing.com/produc...sche-harnesses
Old 02-14-2018, 11:23 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jordan Pryce
They are 1 piece non-folding buckets. I have a 2.5 year old daughter, or else they would be on my option list.

On the thought of a stripper S vs the T, I configured a GTS with nothing but the bare minimum. $122,450 it is a compelling argument versus the $112,760 that my T order comes out to. here is the GTS spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJTRIA16 versus the T spec http://www.porsche-code.com/PJERZZS8
Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
The LWBs are the same seats used in US GT3 and GT4 cars. The passenger seat does not have a bottom cutout for using 5 or 6 point harnesses, but the driver seat does. Both seats can be used with 4 point harnesses.

Scroll down to second belt option:

https://www.schrothracing.com/produc...sche-harnesses
Cool. Thanks for confirming. I’m getting dizzy trying to keep track of my seat options. Need to make a spreadsheet or something.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:06 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 91 Posts

An S with the same options is roughly $8,000 more AND you CANNOT get the buckets or the deviated color interior without paying a lot more. Plus the wheel color and grey accents I particularly like on the silver car.
So is either car better? They are just different. If you want more power the S has it. I wish the T had the S brakes and adding the PCCB negates the price difference, but it still is just different.
And as someone mentioned, likely a tune can get you more than S power for around $2,000.
I personally would be happy to spend the same amount for either car if its what I wanted in a car. The fact is that neither car fits my taste perfectly....If I could get an S with the same features I like on the T with the extra power I would spend a little more for it.
Just as you don't understand my taste, I don't see why anyone has an issue with the T. Its just like saying to someone that you don't understand why they would pay $7,000 to $14,000 for PTS if you didn't agree with the color....

Quick Reply: Landed Carrera T pics