Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Landed Carrera T pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Yeah the base carrera gets trim on the door. I bet the vinyl pieces are a direct swap.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,222 Likes on 451 Posts

G99, don't know where you're based, but in the UK, the leather interior is standard on the T.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:03 PM
vtrich
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

From the configurator re. leather: Seat centers in Sport-Tex in black. In black leather: seat bolsters front, headrests front, steering wheel rim, door handles, door panel armrests, center console main storage compartment lid, and gear lever/selector. Package also includes: ‘911’ logo embroidered in black on headrests. C-pillar trims in Alcantara.

This is from the standard black interior. So I’d say partial leather.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:33 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
I was wondering as well but iirc this was spec'd with it according to the owner.
I think this is INCORRECT.

Here's a picture of 911-TOUR's car with the Lightweight Glass:

Now, here is a picture (really bad picture, but you can see that the numbers are the same) of the rear glass of a Carrera T WITH Glass Sunroof that is at a dealer in Miami and I asked them to take a picture for me:

Given these pictures, I would say it is not true (at least not for USA) that a Carrera T with Glass Sunroof deletes the Lightweight Glass. Now, I'll go back to counting the days until my T arrives...

Last edited by alex_c; 03-02-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:57 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by rxtrom
Any driving impressions from the recent T deliveries or are you too busy enjoying the car?!
I'll cross-post with the other thread...

My T was delivered today. I'm out camping with Cub Scouts this weekend...but will get a full review+ going as soon as I can get some quality seat time. My first impression was just "Wow". The biggest diff is the shifter - feels way more "race car" than I expected - very, very direct and mechanical. Way, way more direct than my 993. Ergos always drive the impressions, so I suspect this will have an outsize impact on folks opinion of the car. The other major thing I noticed on my inaugural run was the noise from the rear of the car. The lightweight glass really alters the soundscape.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:06 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
I'll cross-post with the other thread...

My T was delivered today. I'm out camping with Cub Scouts this weekend...but will get a full review+ going as soon as I can get some quality seat time. My first impression was just "Wow". The biggest diff is the shifter - feels way more "race car" than I expected - very, very direct and mechanical. Way, way more direct than my 993.

That is great to hear about the manual transmission! Am now even more excited to get my T next month (albeit without the lightweight rear glass). Looking forward to more of your driving impressions.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:10 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by vtrich
From the configurator re. leather: Seat centers in Sport-Tex in black. In black leather: seat bolsters front, headrests front, steering wheel rim, door handles, door panel armrests, center console main storage compartment lid, and gear lever/selector. Package also includes: ‘911’ logo embroidered in black on headrests. C-pillar trims in Alcantara.

This is from the standard black interior. So I’d say partial leather.

For those on this forum in the U.K., we get the leather interior as standard, so extra leather includes dash top, lower dash, door tops and door centre panels etc.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:10 PM
TKO
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
I've said from the get-go that the T is the 991.2 I'd buy if I prized its collection of options (and I do, except for PSE), .
Pete, A bit off optic but can I ask your thoughts on PSE? I just bought a used base '17 with no PSE and am weighing exhaust options now.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:30 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by TKO
Pete, A bit off optic but can I ask your thoughts on PSE? I just bought a used base '17 with no PSE and am weighing exhaust options now.
Unlike some (who aren't wrong!), I'm not sure PSE sounds better. But mainly, I don't like the look of PSE—I think the four-pipe "S" setup looks dialed. So I felt $3k was better applied towards PCCB, for instance...or 4-Way Sport Seats Plus, GT Steering wheel, PLDS, etc., and find myself agreeing with many of Nick Murray's viewpoints on this video:

I've heard Borla—which 20 years ago miraculously made my old Merkur's turbocharged Pinto engine sound good—is working on a system for the 991.2. We've seen some interesting systems from a number of vendors. Bizarrely to me, most target owners of 991.2 w/PSE. I find that funny, as those folks have already spent $3k for PSE and are now asked to spend thousands more. It will be interesting to see which aftermarket companies nail the sweet spot for performance, sound, quality, weight, and price. Would be great if it gives the car a subtle but strong voice, one that's fun to listen to but isn't boy racer or GT3 wannabe. Whichever one does—with the ability to mount factory S tips—will likely get my money.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Great video. I really like Nick Murray's stuff. Not sure about the "sweating like a rapist" comment though...

I see where he (and you) are coming from with the better look of the four pipe set-up. (Did you add sport tailpipes to your C2, Pete?)

But I am a big kid at heart, and cannot resist the sound of those pops and crackles (in Sport mode) so am glad that my T will have PSE.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:44 AM
my991na
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanted to get some opinions..

Returned my leased 991.1 GTS last November. Was planning to buy it at lease end but unfortunately I got rear ended and it was reported. It was mainly suspension damage and it drove perfectly after it was fixed. Loved that car.. it was a tough decision but I decided to return it.

A dealer bought it and CPO ed it.. sold it.

Anyway my dealer has a configurable T allocation and I'm very tempted but not sure what to expect coming from a 991.1 GTS.

Playing around with the configurator, here's my build. Let me know what you guys think.. debating whether I should go for it or wait for the 992.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJIDQ8C9
Old 03-10-2018, 12:51 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Really nice build!
Old 03-10-2018, 01:46 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by coolfido

Returned my leased 991.1 GTS last November. Was planning to buy it at lease end but unfortunately I got rear ended and it was reported. It was mainly suspension damage and it drove perfectly after it was fixed. Loved that car.. it was a tough decision but I decided to return it.

Anyway my dealer has a configurable T allocation and I'm very tempted but not sure what to expect coming from a 991.1 GTS.

Playing around with the configurator, here's my build. Let me know what you guys think.. debating whether I should go for it or wait for the 992.

Hard for anyone to say what to expect of the T coming from a .1 GTS since it's highly subjective but if I were in your shoes, I would go for it. Don't like waiting for what the future may or may not hold (a bird in the hand...), and I won't be too quick to sign up for the 992 just based on the interior and exterior shots that I've seen. T allocations seem hard to come by so maybe a good opportunity especially if you can spec it yourself. Conversely you could try and go for a CPO .1 GTS if you loved that car specifically so much, but I like buying new if I can. Also I actually like the 991.2 gen more than the 991.1 gen for exterior tweaks to make the car look a little bit more aggressive, Apple CarPlay which I use a good amount, and I like the 3.0TT motor. YMMV
Old 03-10-2018, 06:46 AM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

See if you can get a test drive in a base 991.2. That plus the LWB option is what sold me on the T.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:27 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by coolfido

I think if your budget is ~120K - I'd change some things up on your build (although this is totally personal pref)

Remove:
+ Sunroof
+ Entry & Drive
+ PLDS
+ Light Design Package
+ Alcantara shifter
+ Auto Dimming Mirrors

Add:
+ PCCB

I'd also strongly consider going standard black v. jet black metallic - I've not been as impressed with the depth on JBM cars (which is why a lot of people love black cars).

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Landed Carrera T pics