Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time Porsche owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:35 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

OP - great spec, it's actually almost exactly how I would spec one....excited for you!!

IMO I wouldn't worry about PCCB. The grey calipers will actually work well with the silver/grey theme of the car (I have a very similar spec .2 C4), and you don't need to worry about brake dust with the darker grey wheels. That being said - if you like the yellow look more than the grey calipers, and you are thinking of upgrading the brakes later, I would highly recommend just getting the PCCB option from the factory and save the time, money, and headache later.....
Old 01-31-2018, 10:39 PM
urbanscribe
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Solid elegant config. Congrats.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:58 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks everybody for you comments.

How should I have to wait before I get a purchase order and commission number?
Old 02-01-2018, 02:42 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

IMO I wouldn't worry about PCCB. The grey calipers will actually work well with the silver/grey theme of the car (I have a very similar spec .2 C4), and you don't need to worry about brake dust with the darker grey wheels...

Agreed. With your classy and elegant GT Silver spec, rather than overtly sporty, I think the standard black calipers would look better.

I agonised over the PCCBs for my T order, but in the end I couldn't justify the £6k cost.

Either way, it'll be an awesome car.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:11 PM
UVXY
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waiting for my allocation - the only thing I'm still on the fence about is the black glass sunroof I have on my build.

I'm going pure white with blacked out front and back lights

Pros of the glass sunroof: more lighting inside the cabin (which I would like), more sounds in the summertime when I have it opened, and it completes the black/white/grey theme I have going for my build (white tachs, white chrono, white seatbelts/stitching)

Cons: heavier (but I don't plan to track the car), not sure if it affects trade in or resale value down the road, car still looks awesome without the black glass sunroof so not sure if its truly needed (I open the sunroof like... less than 10 times a summer?

decisions decisions... any advice?
Old 02-01-2018, 05:12 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Just was given a confirmation # - does this mean my order is not vapor ware? Do i have an official allocation?
Old 02-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Just was given a confirmation # - does this mean my order is not vapor ware? Do i have an official allocation?
I assume you mean "Commitment #", which would indicate your dealer has a live allocation and you are on your way. Cheers.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:07 AM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalon911
I assume you mean "Commitment #", which would indicate your dealer has a live allocation and you are on your way. Cheers.
I meant to say "Commission Number". My bad.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:29 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Originally Posted by Avalon911
I meant to say "Commission Number". My bad.

yes it was a "commission #" ...
Old 02-02-2018, 10:30 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Ok - after ignoring the warnings from earlier posts on this thread, I’ve spent too much time this week on the configuration.

Now I’m on the fence, but leaning toward, getting the LWB. It really seems to be a option that makes the T extra unique.

Just how much weight is saved over the stock sports plus seats?

Any other reasons not to get the lwb?
Old 02-02-2018, 10:41 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Ok - after ignoring the warnings from earlier posts on this thread, I’ve spent too much time this week on the configuration.

Now I’m on the fence, but leaning toward, getting the LWB. It really seems to be a option that makes the T extra unique.

Just how much weight is saved over the stock sports plus seats?

Any other reasons not to get the lwb?
I couldn't tell whether you had tried the LWB before or not (on iPhone garage talk app). To me they are very polarizing, from what I've seen people either love or hate them. For me I am mostly not in favor of them, but it is different for each person. I don't like how hard it is to get in and out of the car, and how rigid and upright the seat backs are. They look killer but this was one area where comfort was top priority. Highly recommend you sit in them and try to go for a ride in them if you haven't. They are appealing on the T for the "driver's car" mentality and spirit, but again I personally found them to be quite a pain and I didn't want to spend this kind of money on a car and not fully enjoy it.... just my 2 cents.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:20 AM
G99x.y
Pro

I’ve sat in LWB seats at a dealership once. But not long enough to see if I could live them no long term.

what’s the weight savings of lwb plus rear seat removed, over the standard 4 ways?

what type of adjustment do they come with?

i know the backs don’t tilt.

I assume they slide back and forth - hopefully manually.

Do do they go up and down?

Old 02-03-2018, 10:03 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 108 Posts

After thinking and planning/saving for gts, I walked in to just get some info on the T and walked out after putting an deposit down on Carrera T —> http://www.porsche-code.com/PJJ1AQB7

What won me over was fact I’m never going to use 420 or 450hp on roads legally. My current wagon has 335hp and weighs a 1000 pounds more and I can still get into plenty of trouble in it.

Only reason I considered a S was for RAS. The GTS was all about stripped down sound deadening. Both of which are now on the T. The lightweight windows are nice bonus.

Biggest option I had to pass on was the carbon seats, since wife was surprised how much it was and meant my whole family couldn’t go for ride together. 🤨

PDK - I wanted because it’s faster + let’s my wife drive it - just incase.

Happy to learn at dealership the standard sport mirrors do manually fold back ...

Few questions:

I want the door pulls in red but don’t care for the red pinstriping that comes as part of interior package. I think I read somewhere, the reds pinstripes disappear if I get the heated seat options on the standard 4 way seats? Can anyone confirm this.

How much would it cost roughly to replace the standard black pulls with red ones?

Does anyone know roughly what the cost to “upgrade afterwards” the steel brakes to the 380mm S style discs and red rotors?

pccb are tempting but cost a kidney and seem overkill and pricey.

I’ve been told a few more weeks till my build is locked down... for an late April/ early may delivery.

these next 4 months will be the longest 4 months of my life ... but just in time for summer

Welcome to The club you'll love it. As far as the door pulls go you can swap them to any color you want for around $5-$6.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:29 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

I’ve sat in LWB seats at a dealership once. But not long enough to see if I could live them no long term.

what’s the weight savings of lwb plus rear seat removed, over the standard 4 ways?

what type of adjustment do they come with?

i know the backs don’t tilt.

I assume they slide back and forth - hopefully manually.

Do do they go up and down?

They have electronic height adjustment and manual sliding, but you can't adjust the angle of the seatback

The weight savings over the standard 4 ways I read was something like 10 pounds per seat, could be wrong
Old 02-04-2018, 02:31 PM
G99x.y
Pro

does the sport mode dial on the T still with the Sport Response Button?

Quick Reply: First time Porsche owner