Sponsored by:

First time Porsche owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 02:33 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
They have electronic height adjustment and manual sliding, but you can't adjust the angle of the seatback

The weight savings over the standard 4 ways I read was something like 10 pounds per seat, could be wrong
Thanks for listing the functionality on the lwbs?

Do the 10 pounds/seat includethevweight of removing the rear seats?

thanks
Old 02-10-2018, 05:59 PM
G99x.y
Pro

My car is officially V200..

Showed me a screen and it had a lock date of 4/20 ... but he said to plan on 3/20 since any later dates could throw off current delivery date of June 15th.

i’d like think this is now real allocation - not just taking deposits without one.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:28 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Found this in March issue of Car Magazine.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:24 PM
G99x.y
Pro

So my T just landed in Houston. My salesman said I'd probably see it within a week. Going to sleep gets harder every night.

Only mods so far are to replace stock black door handle straps with red ones.

BUT, since the door panels have to come off to do this, my inner weight weenie wants to get them to take out the large speaker found in the passenger door panel.

Any thoughts? - still plenty of smaller speakers/tweeters in the car so I should be able to still hear navigation or carry on a phone call.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:00 AM
achtung6
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
So my T just landed in Houston. My salesman said I'd probably see it within a week. Going to sleep gets harder every night.

Only mods so far are to replace stock black door handle straps with red ones.

BUT, since the door panels have to come off to do this, my inner weight weenie wants to get them to take out the large speaker found in the passenger door panel.

Any thoughts? - still plenty of smaller speakers/tweeters in the car so I should be able to still hear navigation or carry on a phone call.
Congrats and enjoy your car! Leave those speakers in there and enjoy the sound of the stereo! Remember, this is no RS America so removing the speakers is of little benefit. It's more effective to lose a few pounds of body fat (I'm talking about myself).

Enjoy that beauty and by all means, post photos. Remember......pictures or it didn't happen!
Old 08-30-2018, 08:33 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Originally Posted by achtung6
Congrats and enjoy your car! Leave those speakers in there and enjoy the sound of the stereo! Remember, this is no RS America so removing the speakers is of little benefit. It's more effective to lose a few pounds of body fat (I'm talking about myself).

Enjoy that beauty and by all means, post photos. Remember......pictures or it didn't happen!
The fact it’s in the US (somewhere) is agonizing.

Given the lightweight glass and stripped down sound deadening .... I figure I should finish what Porsche started. Every gram counts.

Photos as soon as it arrives.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:19 AM
gabbar
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations. Waiting is tough. My car arrived in LA on a Wednesday two weeks ago and I couldn't wait for the weekend. My wife and I drove down from Bay Area , ~350 miles one way, on Thursday and we were back later that evening taking a longer route. Lot of driving in a day but was worth it
Old 08-30-2018, 11:17 PM
G99x.y
Pro

I was told my T just left Houston on a truck yesterday! My SA said they wouldn’t put cars on a truck to sit around all weekend so it should it’ll get here by Friday. Might be be an awesome long weekend.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:19 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Originally Posted by gabbar
Congratulations. Waiting is tough. My car arrived in LA on a Wednesday two weeks ago and I couldn't wait for the weekend. My wife and I drove down from Bay Area , ~350 miles one way, on Thursday and we were back later that evening taking a longer route. Lot of driving in a day but was worth it

Thanks.

Wow 350 miles. 5 more round trips like that and you’ll be fully broken in.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:38 PM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

does the sport mode dial on the T still with the Sport Response Button?
Nope!
Old 08-31-2018, 01:37 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Originally Posted by shing911500e
Nope!
... only missing on manuals ....
Old 08-31-2018, 03:19 AM
ronht
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UVXY
I am waiting for my allocation - the only thing I'm still on the fence about is the black glass sunroof I have on my build.

I'm going pure white with blacked out front and back lights

Pros of the glass sunroof: more lighting inside the cabin (which I would like), more sounds in the summertime when I have it opened, and it completes the black/white/grey theme I have going for my build (white tachs, white chrono, white seatbelts/stitching)

Cons: heavier (but I don't plan to track the car), not sure if it affects trade in or resale value down the road, car still looks awesome without the black glass sunroof so not sure if its truly needed (I open the sunroof like... less than 10 times a summer?

decisions decisions... any advice?

I went through the same struggles but now that I have it I couldn’t be happier with how mine turned out!!!
Old 08-31-2018, 03:36 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,286 Likes on 473 Posts

does the sport mode dial on the T still with the Sport Response Button?

I imagine it does if you order a T with PDK.

Mine is a manual.

Quick Reply: First time Porsche owner