Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 01:15 AM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

This really is not attainable yet. The link provided in that thread is for a kit that is "out of stock" - even if it were available, there's still the TREMENDOUS hurdle of ordering from a foreign language site and your recourse if you get the wrong thing. Believe me, I wanted this to be true, I don't see it as viable yet.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:21 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Those sound blandizing turbos sure can’t be retrefitted!

Oops, jumped in too quick befote finishing your post.

Really, probably not much. Design is subjective and I actually like the cleaner design of the .1 front bumper and more symmetrical/simple taillights. The .2 steering wheel will run a few K or so.

The underlying stuff does have a lot to do with the motor. .2’s have slight steering feel improvement, I believe a quicker steering rack (718’s got the 911 Turbo rack, I imagine same for .2’s), and a more refined ride. They’re a lot quieter inside, even with an extra sound symposer (another change) which is again mostly due to motor, but perhaps also due to some extra sound insulation. You can get the new rear view mirror which is a larger, more generic square shape (I prefer the more unique to Porsche and stylized “curve mirror” personally), and the new PCM is super expensive (and soon to be replaced by the next gen screen).

I can’t say if there are any suspension improvements that make a meaningful difference in cornering. The .2 C2S runs only 3 seconds faster on the 7.5 minute Nürburgring than the .1 C2S, so at the end of the day, outside of polar opposite engine deliveries and different aproaches to character, they’re a lot more alike than different. They seem to handle alike when I drive them, with the .2 feeling slightly more resolved. Doubtful there’s an easy part swap to attribute that to.

Long story short, I don’t think there are any meaningful “cheap” mods from the .2. And doing some Frankenstein would devalue the .1, who’s resale of recent has been and likely will remain strong, and who’s main calling card going forward will be it serving as the last of a breed. I think it’ll be far more cost effective to just get a .2 if you want the start investing lots of money in swapping parts.

If all you’re looking for is some quick/easy underlying swaps to get superior pieces. I understand why you’d seek that (I would too) but it seems nothing like that is available.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:52 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino
Yes absolutely it does. None of it is placebo as the guy below me mentioned. There is actually a lot of changes on the .2. R Rated literally goes into every .2 to bash on the car in some way or another and gets called out. He literally has no idea what he's talking about. The guy is purely in denial. I have never seen someone who copes to his level over a newer/refreshed car model. He must be suffering from massive buyers remorse or something. He recently made a thread coping hard about the .2 guys modding their turbo's and how "grand tour" debunked it in some way. Thread is missing all of a sudden.

Anywho, I'm writing all this out to help you and others on this forum. Nobody likes bad/wrong information that's heavily biased. No need for that garbage around here.

Tell us how you really feel...
I did tell you how I feel and did not bash the sucky car.... did you even read my post or you just have a spec of sand in your vag?

Pleass provide data that the suspension is all new...

I guarantee I’ve modded more than most here so I’m not basing modding either... don’t be so sensitive. If my calling the new engine muted is bashing and that really bothers you then you are delusional. I guess calling ras game changing was bashing too? Get a life.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:28 AM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing I really wish I had on my .1 is the C4S .2 light bar!
I think the 991.2 3D rear lights are a thing of beauty, especially as it pertains to the way the light bar just flows over in them.
Always have a little .2 light bar envy... that's where it end though
Old 01-24-2018, 08:31 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by OC 991
The only thing I really wish I had on my .1 is the C4S .2 light bar!
I think the 991.2 3D rear lights are a thing of beauty, especially as it pertains to the way the light bar just flows over in them.
Always have a little .2 light bar envy... that's where it end though
I could grow to love the rear lights, they are pretty cool.

Can the #2 light bar be retrofit?
Old 01-24-2018, 08:49 AM
OC 991
Instructor

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I could grow to love the rear lights, they are pretty cool.

Can the #2 light bar be retrofit?
I did check in to that
It can be done C4S.1 to C4S .2 but you'd need to change the rear bumper, lightbar, taillights and some of the attachment bracket plus wiring harness.
The various shops dealers, I checked with did not mention it but based on my own comparison measurements there will be some modification necessary to the exhaust exit to line it up with the .2 non pse exhaust tip openings as well...
Plus the 2 side vents in the .2 rearbumper will also have to be closed other wise you'll see the .1 side mufflers there.

Definitely do-able but a bit more work than I'm looking to do.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:54 AM
R_Rated
Banned

I did check in to that
It can be done C4S.1 to C4S .2 but you'd need to change the rear bumper, lightbar, taillights and some of the attachment bracket plus wiring harness.
The various shops dealers, I checked with did not mention it but based on my own comparison measurements there will be some modification necessary to the exhaust exit to line it up with the .2 non pse exhaust tip openings as well...
Plus the 2 side vents in the .2 rearbumper will also have to be closed other wise you'll see the .1 side mufflers there.

Definitely do-able but a bit more work than I'm looking to do.
Yikes - I'd 86 that idea to avoid going to the new rear bumper. I know it has some function but it's just not my thing and I think its ugly - and I'm not even talking about sports exhaust in the center AKA poop emoji eyes.

There's always custom!
Old 01-24-2018, 08:59 AM
OC 991
Instructor

Yikes - I'd 86 that idea to avoid going to the new rear bumper. I know it has some function but it's just not my thing and I think its ugly - and I'm not even talking about sports exhaust in the center AKA poop emoji eyes.

There's always custom!
I'm not apposed to the 991.2 rear bumper, it's not that different from the .1 (side vents not withstanding).
I agree with the .1 PSE exhaust tip placement though... not gonna happen on my ride.
That's why I looked into the non pse.2 roughly the same placement of the dual tips.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:44 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm not apposed to the 991.2 rear bumper, it's not that different from the .1 (side vents not withstanding).
I agree with the .1 PSE exhaust tip placement though... not gonna happen on my ride.
That's why I looked into the non pse.2 roughly the same placement of the dual tips.
I honestly don’t know what Porsche was thinking with the .2 PSE tips. Look awful, imo.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:44 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A

I honestly don’t know what Porsche was thinking with the .2 PSE tips. Look awful, imo.
Its for the younger generation - Poop emoji eyes, yes?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:23 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

When I first saw the 991.2 spy pics and the rear center PSE exhaust, I really didn't like it. After seeing it in the flesh and additional Rennlister's pictures, I really like it now. But, I've always liked Porsche's center exhaust set-ups on cars like the Boxster, GT3, CGT, and many of the RUF conversions.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:34 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
When I first saw the 991.2 spy pics and the rear center PSE exhaust, I really didn't like it. After seeing it in the flesh and additional Rennlister's pictures, I really like it now. But, I've always liked Porsche's center exhaust set-ups on cars like the Boxster, GT3, CGT, and many of the RUF conversions.
I agree. I like both designs though. The quad pipes make the car visually look a little wider and lower (optical illusion) which I like. And the 4-pipes appear more aggressive.

But I also like the PSE tips on my .2. It is very unique to a 911.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:02 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Its for the younger generation - Poop emoji eyes, yes?
In my opinion I think the designers nailed it in that they achieved looks that are consistent with the quality of sound emanating through those...
Old 01-25-2018, 09:03 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Bemo
In my opinion I think the designers nailed it in that they achieved looks that are consistent with the quality of sound emanating through those...
lol. You just made my night.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:11 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

lol. You just made my night.
You're welcomed! We'll soon dine in heaven or hell as we are sure to get crucified!

Coming out of the 992/Flat Tire was depressing enough so I ran my mouth...sorry

Quick Reply: 991.1 conversion