Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 10:43 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
Click Here
First one delivered in the US?
Possible... or at least in the first batch.

It looks good in GT Silver however for me the 911T represents simplicity or less fluff so to speak... so to start, I would keep it sunroof delete.

I also like it better with the more aggressive standard front splitter which is different on this since it has the optional SportDesign front fascia & front spoiler.... it would be cool if it can be swapped in.

I think the 911T looks just fine with the standard Xenons.... that less frills old school approach. PDLS would be cool but it also has a cleaner face without it due to no headlamp washer warts... not a big deal to me.

I like the optional Carrera Sport Wheels and this silver T would look sportier with a set on.... IMO.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I love being able to order the sportdesign front clip without the back. I love the silver but am concerned how the mirrors and wheels play against the color. I'd prefer satin black I think.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:21 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan Pryce
I love being able to order the sportdesign front clip without the back. I love the silver but am concerned how the mirrors and wheels play against the color. I'd prefer satin black I think.

If by "back" you mean the mini duck-tail - i think thats so subtle and perfect addition to the T.

I'll be waiting for that eventually to be sold as a standalone option to install... or get the little lip tacked on to the GT3 Touring package
Old 02-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

When I’m not so sure about is exactly what is included in the Carrera T interior package. It seems that if you just stick with the black option you still get the fabric door pulls in black and fabric inserts in the seats (no pinstripes). Am I correct in thinking that the additional monies is for deviating stitching and seat pinstriping?
Old 02-13-2018, 12:12 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 129 Posts

And deviated seatbelts.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:16 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Has anybody touched the fabric portion of these seats? Can you comment on how they feel?

I hate "scratchy" feeling cloth that I normally find in rental cars. I truly hope that is not the case here.

Also, for those that have seen the red interior, do the red pinstripes look really red? In most pictures the effect of the red pin stripe against the gray background makes the whole thing look kind of pink, or washed-out red.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2018, 12:40 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Originally Posted by Jordan Pryce
When I’m not so sure about is exactly what is included in the Carrera T interior package. It seems that if you just stick with the black option you still get the fabric door pulls in black and fabric inserts in the seats (no pinstripes). Am I correct in thinking that the additional monies is for deviating stitching and seat pinstriping?
yup - all black is what my SA claimed. Worst case I figure there will be black pin striping in the fabrics inserts.

Fyi i I ordered mine all black (or base) & added red seatbelts.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:42 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Originally Posted by alex_c
Has anybody touched the fabric portion of these seats? Can you comment on how they feel?

I hate "scratchy" feeling cloth that I normally find in rental cars. I truly hope that is not the case here.

Also, for those that have seen the red interior, do the red pinstripes look really red? In most pictures the effect of the red pin stripe against the gray background makes the whole thing look kind of pink, or washed-out red.

Thanks!
ive looked at a sample they had on display of the “black” insert at the dealership. It seemed to a dark grey/black color with a soft corduroy nylon texture to it.

keep in mind it’s only going to be in the center of your back. And you do want it to be somewhat
"rough" so it will hold your back as you go around corners. ��

im assuming that is the same material the T will have..

no idea on pinstriping....

Old 02-13-2018, 02:42 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
Hawt! Mine should hit port on Friday (nearly a month early) Of course, due to scheduling conflicts - I'm traveling heavily the next month and won't be able to collect it until early March most likely

Great news to hear a couple of Ts arriving around 4 weeks early!

Hope that will apply to UK ones too!
Old 02-13-2018, 02:48 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bossing
It looks good in GT Silver however for me the 911T represents simplicity or less fluff so to speak... so to start, I would keep it sunroof delete.

I also like it better with the more aggressive standard front splitter which is different on this since it has the optional SportDesign front fascia & front spoiler...

I think the 911T looks just fine with the standard Xenons.... that less frills old school approach...

+1. The build for my T is no sunroof, standard Bi-Xenons, standard front spoiler, retaining Carrera T designation on sides & rear, non-metallic Racing Yellow. Old school, less frills, as you say. Oh, and obviously the 7-speed manual transmission.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:29 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
+1. The build for my T is no sunroof, standard Bi-Xenons, standard front spoiler, retaining Carrera T designation on sides & rear, non-metallic Racing Yellow. Old school, less frills, as you say. Oh, and obviously the 7-speed manual transmission.

I have a few 911T builds... saved Porsche Codes that is.

And if I wasn't able to land a GT3.2 allocation last spring then I would likely have gotten a 911T.

One of my preferred builds w/ <5k in options is this: manual white 911T

A little bit of à la carte fluff is okay... just don't go buffet style.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Very nice! I think yellow or white are the best colours for the T.

I couldn't resist the Carrera T interior package in Racing Yellow to go with my Racing Yellow bodywork. Manual transmission, Carrera S wheels, the Sport Chrono clock atop the dashboard, no sunroof, standard headlights and front spoiler, cruise control, auto-dimming mirrors, parking sensors F&R, heated multi-function steering wheel. Options are only around 4% of the base price of the car. Cannot wait.

If any remote chance of a GT3 991.2 I would have found, begged, borrowed or stolen the money from somewhere! GT3s are harder to come by over here. Just seen a new one with just 300 miles on the clock for sale at £56k more than the retail price!
Old 02-13-2018, 04:50 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

My order is quite loaded mostly as I intend to keep this one for a long time. I've never hated an option I ordered, but definitely hated NOT ordering an option that I thought I may like.

I added the full leather T interior in red, as I think it goes great with the GT Silver. And the glass sunroof so I don't feel like I'm in a cave... love lots of light. And that also helps show the interior better vs a black swath of leather.

The front, in my opinion, looks much better standard than with the sport design. It IS already unique the way it comes. And as low as it already is, the SD front will compromise the clearance even more.

In any case, that's why I got Front Axle lift, sino didn't have to worry about clearance.

Since mine is Silver, the Xenons with PDL have black contrasts, which I think pull too much attention to them. That's why I got the LED's which also have PDL while keeping the outer ring and interior in silver.

Finally, rear axle steering... perhaps just because I can, which I could not on a regular Carrera base. And of course because I love the even shorter turning radius.

Needless to say I also got a Manual.

Seeing pictures now will make the wait even more painful!

It looks like the strike in Germany already delayed my build by one week. Argh!!!
Old 02-13-2018, 05:46 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

I love how much attention the T is suddenly starting to get. Where was everyone late last year?
Old 02-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I notice that the Sport Design front end does not have the variable angle vanes in front of the two radiator/condenser assemblies. I also like the standard front end better than the SD.

Quick Reply: Carrera T ordered