Carrera T ordered

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 07:41 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
One of my preferred builds w/ <5k in options is this: manual white 911T
That's one tight little spec. I would go for something this lean. Tho I'd have a hard time with Fabric seats for a $100k car... [I guess I was looking at the LWB in Alcantara]

Rear Axle Steering is that good... that you'd add it for a spec this lean?
Old 02-13-2018, 08:38 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
The front, in my opinion, looks much better standard than with the sport design. It IS already unique the way it comes. And as low as it already is, the SD front will compromise the clearance even more.
Is the front unique? I thought it was the same as the 991.2 no?

Old 02-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

The front lip is different. Hard to see in the pic but it’s there.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 129 Posts

^^ what he said.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 PM
sphynxdude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if any dealers have an allocation for one of these without a markup? I have decided I would really love one, and I went to my local dealer. I was basically told NO WAY, NO HOW

If anyones is aware of an allocation, please feel free to PM me
Old 02-13-2018, 09:07 PM
PLom
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
The front lip is different. Hard to see in the pic but it’s there.
One (T) is the SPASM front lip, the other (Standard C2) is the PASM lip.

Cheers, -Peter
Old 02-13-2018, 09:29 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sphynxdude
Does anyone know if any dealers have an allocation for one of these without a markup? I have decided I would really love one, and I went to my local dealer. I was basically told NO WAY, NO HOW

If anyones is aware of an allocation, please feel free to PM me
I walked into my dealer today and ordered one. $3,000 off MSRP. We have a good relationship as I've bought my last 3 (new) porsches from him, but I'm certainly not a super high dollar customer.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:42 PM
sphynxdude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jordan - Thats funny....I just moved from Brooklyn to Las Vegas - I should have ordered there
Old 02-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

sphynxdude, I've always tried to build relationships with the small guy. In this case there are several large powerhouse dealers in my area who don't have to work so hard for customers, and there are a few who are small and just seem to value their customer's business more. I would rather have a pleasant transaction with someone who just says "this is what I can do on the car" then to get all aggravated with some guy who requires going back to his manager 6 times to get a deal done.

I'm sure there is a little guy outside of Vegas who would love to have your business!
Old 02-14-2018, 02:41 AM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan Pryce
sphynxdude, I've always tried to build relationships with the small guy...
But. In this world of begging and pleeeaaading for an allocation, aren't the larger dealers (or at least the ones that sell more 911's) getting more allocations? My local dealer is a bigger Cayenne/Macan dealer but only is granted one 911T allocation every 3 months!!!
Old 02-14-2018, 10:03 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
I notice that the Sport Design front end does not have the variable angle vanes in front of the two radiator/condenser assemblies. I also like the standard front end better than the SD.

When i saw the initial videos from Porsche for the 991.2 - the active front flaps and the rear axle steering were the most exciting parts of the new car to me.... i was bummed to know the RAS was only on the S model. also that the GTS looses the active flaps. (honestly never a fan of sport bumper)

Now both are on the T! I think Porsche product team must be eavesdropping on my brain ...
Old 02-14-2018, 11:47 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PLom
One (T) is the SPASM front lip, the other (Standard C2) is the PASM lip.

Cheers, -Peter
Actually, I believe the front lip is unique to the T alone. It isn't the SPASM front lip that the other models may get. Is that not the case?
Old 02-14-2018, 11:55 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Has anyone else noticed the power-to-weight ratio specs of the T vs the S and C2? The T is quite close to the S. I'm no mechanical engineer, but could an 11lb difference really impact the power-to-weight ratio by this much? That's a > 8.5% improvement, isn't it?

T: 8.5 lb/hp
S: 8.3 lb/hp
C2: 9.3 lb/hp
Old 02-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
That's one tight little spec. I would go for something this lean. Tho I'd have a hard time with Fabric seats for a $100k car... [I guess I was looking at the LWB in Alcantara]
Rear Axle Steering is that good... that you'd add it for a spec this lean?
Yes, I have RWS standard in my GT3.2 and I like it... you can actually "feel" its benefits on turns/curves whether high-speed or low speed and even when parking or making a ubbie. I have another build exactly like the one you viewed but with the LWBS added....

Actually, I believe the front lip is unique to the T alone. It isn't the SPASM front lip that the other models may get. Is that not the case?
Standard on the base 911T now but it's also the same as the SportPASM front splitter which came on CarreraS that had the optional SPASM spec....

I actually added it onto my now-ex 991.2 Carrera before... in fact I still have it since I put the original splitter back on when I traded in my C2. Here it was installed on my previous Guards Red... fairly simple to attach & remove. This GR C2 was spec'd somewhat like a 911T with items only available on the C2 before... it was my 911T- wannabe way before the 911T was actually revealed. However the new 911T has better standard components now which is also why I like the car alot.

And here's a 991.2 Carrera S in Miami Blue equipped with the optional SPASM... same front splitter:

Old 02-14-2018, 02:19 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I believe the lip on the T IS the same as the one on the S if you get the SPASM. The base lip and the SPASM lip are the only variations. It’d be surprising if they introduced another variation this late in the 991.2 lifecycle.

Last edited by G99x.y; 02-14-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Carrera T ordered