Sponsored by:

991.1 vs 991.2 Fight Club Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Pakman996-991.2
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by NHmacan
haha anyone can drive fast in a straight line. You do realize a Tesla will eat your 10.7 for lunch right.? I’m talking about driving on a track stud.

I love when guys say depreciation doesn’t matter. Keep telling yourself that.
let me post the bold part again since you are clearly wasted:
Originally Posted by enzotcat
Because I didn’t have a GTS, I had an S. I wanted the color I wanted, the options I wanted, and this was a good deal when I got it. Today, for the mileage I had on the car at the time I got it, it would be considered a steal. Similarly optioned, a GTS is a premium of about $13k over an S. So then I modified it to suit *my* tastes. Not the tastes of the next buyer, not the tastes of some random person on the internet, not because I think I can recoup any kind of investment in it. And then I modified the brakes and the suspension, because I could, and because I wanted to. My car eats GT3 RSs for breakfast, much like @4 Point 0 ’s car does. And to make a GTS perform like my car, I’d still have to spend money to modify it, and it would still be more expensive than what I have spent
Enzo and 4 point 0 both track their cars. The part I put in bold was on the track and not a 1/4 mile strip.

Why would I care about depreciation?. It’s not like I’m selling or refinancing a car to pull money out. I own an apartment building and I depreciate that to save money on my taxes. That’s the only depreciation I care about. Lmfao

Last edited by Pakman996-991.2; 02-05-2023 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:09 AM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

You posted 1/4 mile times. I’m glad you are not denying that my grandma could gap you in a Tesla.

In my experience on track the driver is much more important than the car for the most part.

Saying you don’t care about depression is like me saying. I light a $100 bill on fire every morning because I was going to put it in my savings account and not spend it anyway.

Just because you have toy doesn’t mean you don’t care about residual value. I’m sure you know that since you own an apartment building.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:11 AM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

You posted 1/4 mile times. I’m glad you are not denying that my grandma could gap you in a Tesla.

In my experience on track the driver is much more important than the car for the most part.

Saying you don’t care about depression is like me saying. I light a $100 bill on fire every morning because I was going to put it in my savings account and not spend it anyway.

Just because you have toy doesn’t mean you don’t care about residual value. I’m sure you know that since you own an apartment building.

Have a good night I’m about read to pass out from the case of Natty Ice I just consumed.
The following users liked this post:
Pakman996-991.2 (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 08:27 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,239 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by NHmacan

I'll deny it. We have a number of Dr's in our track group that have multiple super cars and drive a Tesla to work to appease the Climate Clowns.
We took a P100D to the track. Sat and waited 20 minutes for it to prepare its Super Car crushing "Ludacris" mode, and finally it rolled up to the line.

The owner had been taunting everyone that he would be the winner and crush all. We even have a motoring journalist in the group, who brought his Lamborghini Performante"

Results. The Tesla lost........every single race, every single format, every single time. The very best it could do, was to keep level with the other cars for the first 60 feet. Then it was the Tesla that was getting massively gapped, by everything. They have no top end. Journo hype really should stop racing these things against your grandmothers car. They cannot compete against fast cars, at all.

Stock for Stock, a Tesla may shoot across the intersection to get in front of you when you weren't paying attention and just cruising. Big deal. Does not mean I would want one. I have raced them at the track and they have Nothing of interest. Where I am from, boasting you can beat a stock car from the lights is nothing to boast about.

The following 5 users liked this post by 4 Point 0:
Dgags (02-06-2023), jfischet (02-06-2023), justabout (02-06-2023), keebin (02-05-2023), Pakman996-991.2 (02-05-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 12:54 AM
speakerguy88
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by snake eyes
991.2 has Apple CarPlay #endthread
& twin turbo....
Old 02-06-2023, 02:38 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
I'll deny it. We have a number of Dr's in our track group that have multiple super cars and drive a Tesla to work to appease the Climate Clowns.
We took a P100D to the track. Sat and waited 20 minutes for it to prepare its Super Car crushing "Ludacris" mode, and finally it rolled up to the line.

The owner had been taunting everyone that he would be the winner and crush all. We even have a motoring journalist in the group, who brought his Lamborghini Performante"

Results. The Tesla lost........every single race, every single format, every single time. The very best it could do, was to keep level with the other cars for the first 60 feet. Then it was the Tesla that was getting massively gapped, by everything. They have no top end. Journo hype really should stop racing these things against your grandmothers car. They cannot compete against fast cars, at all.

Stock for Stock, a Tesla may shoot across the intersection to get in front of you when you weren't paying attention and just cruising. Big deal. Does not mean I would want one. I have raced them at the track and they have Nothing of interest. Where I am from, boasting you can beat a stock car from the lights is nothing to boast about.
He shoulda brought a Plaid instead. I think it's marginally faster than the older P100D

Old 02-06-2023, 02:53 PM
Pakman996-991.2
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500
He shoulda brought a Plaid instead. I think it's marginally faster than the older P100D
let’s just hope he buys the $20k brake upgrade with that Plaid too. Heard they have trouble with stopping (and pretty much everything else on the track) lol

What good is a Plaid if it blows its load on the first lap and then sits in the pit for the rest of the day But hey at least it will win the traffic light Gran Prix
Old 02-06-2023, 02:54 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

I bought a Tesla Model Y Performance last September and the car has impressive acceleration and decent handling until you hit any bumps. It gets unsettled in bumpy turns pretty quick and is absolutely not even close to my 991.2 C2s in the handling department. To be expected for sure. The Tesla is great for around town trips and I charge it in the garage at night so "tank" is full in the morning. In many ways the Model Y is a very good appliance and for boring driving around town it is perfect. Sometimes I feel like getting a "Frigidaire" sticker to put on the back of the car So far I have no desire to get a Taycan or Tesla Plaid anything. If I want fun and fast the 911 fits the bill more than those cars ever would. The new Tesla roadster might be interesting when and if it ever comes out, but it can only do so much in terms of power and weight with today's battery tech. Evolving field though so waiting for some big surprises at some point.....hopefully before I am dead

Last edited by dflowerz; 02-06-2023 at 02:55 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by dflowerz:
keebin (02-07-2023), Pakman996-991.2 (02-06-2023), speakerguy88 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 03:26 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Pakman996-991.2
let’s just hope he buys the $20k brake upgrade with that Plaid too. Heard they have trouble with stopping (and pretty much everything else on the track) lol

What good is a Plaid if it blows its load on the first lap and then sits in the pit for the rest of the day But hey at least it will win the traffic light Gran Prix
At the end of the day Tesla is probably the best appliance car. Also it sounds like they were doing drag races, no turns. That battery will overheat and the brakes will cook after a handful of laps at any circuit. Def not designed for heavy track use. But the quarter mile, nothing really beats it.
Pakman996-991.2 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 03:39 PM
RP4S911
Pro

Received 579 Likes on 292 Posts

Pakman996-991.2 (02-06-2023)

Quick Reply: 991.1 vs 991.2 Fight Club Thread