Sponsored by:

Thread Killer

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 01:04 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by quattr0
I own both a n54 and 911.2 and have been member of boostaddict since 2010. I have enjoyed both forums ************ and rennlist when it comes to Porsche. My focus is to share information and learn about the cars I've owned.

What I stated in my previous post is legit if you don't get it I'm sorry.
No problem with what you stated, Quattr0, and agree with you. This is supposed to be an enthusiast's forum, and I don't get what's going on here. Unless...

My point in posting that screen shot—which wasn't aimed at you, since you appear in it, what, once or twice?—was that a reasonable person might wonder if the disruption around here is a way to divide a forum and drive its members to another forum. Now, I don't work for RL or IB, but I have invested a fair bit of time in RL over the years in an exchange that's been fun and hopefully mutually beneficial. And I just re-upped my paid membership. So do I want to see interesting contributors chased away by 2-4 agitators?

The answer is a resounding no.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
The lack of self-awareness that permeates this forum is astonishing. Even in a thread meant to call out the guilty parties, those individuals still can’t control themselves and still refuse to admit, recognize or understand that they’re part of the problem.
Perhaps your constant negativity and overreactions play a part? You don't have the moral high ground here especially when you aren't providing any solutions but just pointing fingers at everyone but yourself.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:18 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky
Perhaps your constant negativity and overreactions play a part? You don't have the moral high ground here especially when you aren't providing any solutions but just pointing fingers at everyone but yourself.
Sticky, please stop trolling our Forum.

And if the post two above is someone's PM, you should delete it, since posting private communication on Rennlist is a bannable offense. FYI.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:31 PM
ilikeyourmom
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ibtl
Old 11-02-2017, 05:32 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,229 Posts

Thank you all for filling up my inbox with reported posts.

I don't hang out in this area much, looks like I have some weekend reading material.

I too hate to see a good group or thread pulled down by a couple of individuals who don't know how to play nice in the sandbox.

Sorting out these situations isn't easy, we get the message....so for now this thread has reached its full usefulness.

On a side note, maybe we should all go back to the old days where you tail-draggers just ragged on us front engine people. Those were simpler times.....
Old 11-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Folks, I have been watching these threads and of course, seeing all the reported posts. I have rarely seen threads go to hell like these ones. Childish arguments about whether the NA or turbo versions of cars which otherwise similar astonish me. Frankly I expect more class from Porsche owners.

Every new version of the 911 has been faster than the previous one - turbo or not. Why it makes such a difference to a few people is beyond me.

As to splitting the forums - hell no. We have a lot of them already and adding smaller and smaller increments is pointless - especially if the motivation is keeping thread trolls happy.

So far the thread killers have been (in no particular order) Sticky, R-Rated - who has at least apologized. and K-A.

One has been given a "vacation", one has been infracted and if it continues, expect more of these "prizes"to be handed out.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Thread Killer