Thread Killer

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 08:45 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Are you 12 years old?
How should I respond to that in an attempt to be civil?

chill man.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:52 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by trayvon
I am super out of the loop here, what happened in aforementioned thread? Just aggressive arguing about if the 992 would be better than the 991.2, similar to the 991.1 vs 991.2 arguments?
That's the thing.... not even that. Some people promoting how fast their cars will be one day once aftermarket companies come out with theoretical mods. Also - how fast that can race people from a roll... on the street...

Then... #1 people are like we just wanna have fun and go to the mountains to look for turns.

#2 - but torque

#1 - sound

#2 - but I think I heard someone talking about a dyno showing #2 cars with 1,000 wheel hp!

#1 ummmm okay - but we pretty much love the whole package including NA and don't car about drag racing or being a dyno queen

#2 we have the best engines ever

#1 Then why didn't they boost the new GT3?

#2 You're car is not a GT3

#1 you're right but it's ideal for me for a street package and hold value pretty good now

#2 but we're faster

#1 but if they were are great as you proclaim why are sales dismal since they are so coveted

#2 - stop picking on me!

It went down pretty much just like that.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:25 AM
surquhar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
That's the thing.... not even that. Some people promoting how fast their cars will be one day once aftermarket companies come out with theoretical mods. Also - how fast that can race people from a roll... on the street...

Then... #1 people are like we just wanna have fun and go to the mountains to look for turns.

#2 - but torque

#1 - sound

#2 - but I think I heard someone talking about a dyno showing #2 cars with 1,000 wheel hp!

#1 ummmm okay - but we pretty much love the whole package including NA and don't car about drag racing or being a dyno queen

#2 we have the best engines ever

#1 Then why didn't they boost the new GT3?

#2 You're car is not a GT3

#1 you're right but it's ideal for me for a street package and hold value pretty good now

#2 but we're faster

#1 but if they were are great as you proclaim why are sales dismal since they are so coveted

#2 - stop picking on me!

It went down pretty much just like that.
You are correct with the arguments here, however what you are not saying is 99% of those arguments happen when 991.1 people come into the 991.2 threads.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:34 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

How should I respond to that in an attempt to be civil?

chill man.
You don"t!
Old 11-02-2017, 09:36 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by surquhar
You are correct with the arguments here, however what you are not saying is 99% of those arguments happen when 991.1 people come into the 991.2 threads.
I'd have to disagree....

so #2 guys are talking about drag racing or power and the #1 guys interject with what? "But our cars are slower at the same task".... ummmm no. Mostly it's the #2 guys justifying something with reference to #1 cars.... Or talking about power under the curve and then making a crack; in the same post, about how it makes up for sounding so sh*tty.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:48 AM
surquhar
Rennlist Member

I'd have to disagree....

so #2 guys are talking about drag racing or power and the #1 guys interject with what? "But our cars are slower at the same task".... ummmm no. Mostly it's the #2 guys justifying something with reference to #1 cars.... Or talking about power under the curve and then making a crack; in the same post, about how it makes up for sounding so sh*tty.
No - .1 people (you) come into every .2 thread to say our cars sound better, more connected, and you don't care how much faster the .2 cars are. You didn't buy yours to drag race, I can't use the power I have on the street, it's way more fun to drive a slow car fast, blah blah. It's not .2 guys coming into .1 threads.

Again - you are the ones starting these arguments in every 991.2/992 thread. Not the other way around.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:57 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by surquhar
No - .1 people (you) come into every .2 thread to say our cars sound better, more connected, and you don't care how much faster the .2 cars are. You didn't buy yours to drag race, I can't use the power I have on the street, it's way more fun to drive a slow car fast, blah blah. It's not .2 guys coming into .1 threads.

Again - you are the ones starting these arguments in every 991.2/992 thread. Not the other way around.
You're just not getting it right.

Here's an example.... Someone created a thread asking which gen to get.... This has happened a billion times... and it goes down like this:

Weekend car or Daily? - get the #1 for weekend, #2 for daily

why - #2 car easier to live with cause you don't have to work for toque so you can drive it like a camry. #1 cars are more fun and engaging.

Want an experience or just want a nice car that's fast?

#2 is faster but #1 is ore of an experience.

Then....

#2 people - but #1 is slow and #2 has carplay

#1 your cars sound like a dyson

etc
etc
etc....

We give the #2 cars all of the credit they are due and even coach newcomers accordingly. But... that's ignored because everyone is so butthurt that the older gen crowd doesn't think the new ones walk on water.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:03 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

R-Rated, give it a rest already, man.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:07 AM
surquhar
Rennlist Member

You're just not getting it right.

Here's an example.... Someone created a thread asking which gen to get.... This has happened a billion times... and it goes down like this:

Weekend car or Daily? - get the #1 for weekend, #2 for daily

why - #2 car easier to live with cause you don't have to work for toque so you can drive it like a camry. #1 cars are more fun and engaging.

Want an experience or just want a nice car that's fast?

#2 is faster but #1 is ore of an experience.

Then....

#2 people - but #1 is slow and #2 has carplay

#1 your cars sound like a dyson

etc
etc
etc....

We give the #2 cars all of the credit they are due and even coach newcomers accordingly. But... that's ignored because everyone is so butthurt that the older gen crowd doesn't think the new ones walk on water.
No, you are not getting it right. In threads where the OP asks for opinions on what generation to get, well that's all fair and both sides present their arguments.

However - EVERY .2 thread that a .2 owner starts about performance, new exhausts, tuning, new models (Carrera T) that wants to discuss the .2 car only, you and others jump in it with your vacuum cleaner videos, etc with the intent of mocking and starting arguments. Just look back at your post history dude. It's quite clear.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:50 AM
quattr0
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stout

I see quattr0 is over there, as well.
I own both a n54 and 911.2 and have been member of boostaddict since 2010. I have enjoyed both forums ************ and rennlist when it comes to Porsche. My focus is to share information and learn about the cars I've owned.

What I stated in my previous post is legit if you don't get it I'm sorry.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:12 AM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

R_Rated, you are definitely one of the reasons I rarely come on this forum.
Stcky is the other one.
You guys remind me of the far left and the far right. Trying to have an open discussion with those types of people is impossible.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:27 AM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 121 Posts

The lack of self-awareness that permeates this forum is astonishing. Even in a thread meant to call out the guilty parties, those individuals still can’t control themselves and still refuse to admit, recognize or understand that they’re part of the problem.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 304 Posts

Below is very true, the 928 list and ownership in general was a pretty miserable situation for all involved.

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
I think it's a consequence of improvements made to the cars themselves. Sports-car forums became popular at a time when the cars sucked a whole lot more. Manufacturers didn't come close to extracting the best achievable performance from their own cars, leaving it up to the owner. It was constantly necessary to fix or work around problem X, Y, or Z, and it was always cathartic to complain about it. If you owned an older European or American sports car, you had something to bond over with other owners. In short, you needed a support group.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:17 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
The lack of self-awareness that permeates this forum is astonishing. Even in a thread meant to call out the guilty parties, those individuals still can’t control themselves and still refuse to admit, recognize or understand that they’re part of the problem.
+1
Old 11-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
The lack of self-awareness that permeates this forum is astonishing. Even in a thread meant to call out the guilty parties, those individuals still can’t control themselves and still refuse to admit, recognize or understand that [they’re part of] ARE the problem.
FIFY

Quick Reply: Thread Killer