Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thread Killer

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 11:13 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I definitely visit less often, and I let my paid membership lapse. It's just too toxic here. All threads devolve into petty fighting. Anonymous internet warriors thinking they have something to prove.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

^^^Moderators walk a fine line tween free speech and putting the kibosh on objectionable posts.

Dont let your membership lapse...members are appreciated here. Placing users or members on ignore works for some. Otherwise just move on from the dipshytes posting. All the folks moderating are trying to keep the premier Porsche forum a pleasant place to visit.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:16 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent an email to the Moderators about this Thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1032...pers-wear.html

Posted to elicit the type of reactions we are discussing in this Thread and at least one of the Responders to this thread is an active participant to the Thread I mention.
I have seen many Forums ruined by individuals that think they are talented comic writers and/or are downright mean to other Forum members, ruin a Forum.
This Forum is on the verge of suffering that fate,
I have not had a response to my email from the Moderators.-Richard
Old 11-01-2017, 07:45 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by budrichard
I have seen many Forums ruined...

Thanks, and 100% agree.

The 991 forum was already light on interesting and/or useful info compared to other RL forums (GT4, GT3 forums, 928), and it's been getting steadily worse—the noise not only exceeds the signal but is growing consistently uglier and more banal. The real contributors seem to be disappearing, and I don't blame them. When the associations become mainly negative, immature, or a waste of time, who wants to come back—or, worse, pay to do so?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:51 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 14575015
I sent an email to the Moderators about this Thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1032...pers-wear.html

Posted to elicit the type of reactions we are discussing in this Thread and at least one of the Responders to this thread is an active participant to the Thread I mention.
I have seen many Forums ruined by individuals that think they are talented comic writers and/or are downright mean to other Forum members, ruin a Forum.
I have not had a response to my email from the Moderators.-Richard
It was sarcastic... if it gets left alone it goes down.

The best way to shape a forum is to supply content and participate. The content with participation stays on top...
Old 11-01-2017, 07:56 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
It was sarcastic... if it gets left alone it goes down.

The best way to shape a forum is to supply content and participate. The content with participation stays on top...

You do realise that you are one of the offenders here?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:59 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
no, I’m not the problem. I’ve apologized for taking stickies bait and it’s been a non issue. I don’t respond to comments about how fast someone could be with future modifications that aren’t even on the market yet... or street racing from a roll.... etc.

when rediculous notions get drug out and the horse is perverbially beaten to death it’s okay to be sarcastic.

as I mentioned, if you want to see certain content then do something about it other than complaining that others aren’t doing it.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:03 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
I definitely visit less often, and I let my paid membership lapse. It's just too toxic here. All threads devolve into petty fighting. Anonymous internet warriors thinking they have something to prove.
+1.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

It’s really a sad situation to see the nastiness that goes on here. I’m always looking for input on something I’m doing or planning and lately the threads have been negative and childlike..
This absolute drama over .1vs.2 is the most ridiculous, mine is bigger than yours nonsense I have seen is a Porsche forum. Makes me tired.
Going to see if 6speed and Renntech are worth a look.

Last edited by Penn4S; 11-01-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:22 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,255 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
It’s really a sad situation to see the nastiness that goes on here. I’m always looking for input on something I’m doing or planning and lately the threads have been negative and childess.
This absolute drama over .1vs.2 is the most ridiculous, mine is bigger than yours nonsense I have seen is a Porsche forum. Makes me tired.
Going to see if 6spped and Renntech areworth a look.
Even though it can get quite heated here it's all relative to me.

When I had M cars I used to frequent Bimmerfest and let me tell you, you guys are polite little choir boys next to that cauldron of miscreants.

I have loved p-cars since I was a kid and now that I have one I feel giddy like a young kid all over again. The fact that my wife is beside herself with grief makes the entire ownership experience even better, this car just keeps on giving...
Old 11-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

I think it's a consequence of improvements made to the cars themselves. Sports-car forums became popular at a time when the cars sucked a whole lot more. Manufacturers didn't come close to extracting the best achievable performance from their own cars, leaving it up to the owner. It was constantly necessary to fix or work around problem X, Y, or Z, and it was always cathartic to complain about it. If you owned an older European or American sports car, you had something to bond over with other owners. In short, you needed a support group.

These days even the worst sports cars are more reliable and all-around better than the best of the ones from the 1970s through 1990s. People complain about exhaust sounds and electric steering because there's nothing else worth complaining about. Nobody talks technical stuff anymore because the cars are black boxes, walled gardens with entry restricted to those hardcore enough to have their own PIWIS subscriptions. Not many people bother with that because of the specialized equipment and skills required, and -- again -- because there's just not that much to fix, tweak, or upgrade.

Then there's the trend towards "equality of authority," where every dumbass with a keyboard is sure that his opinion is worth as much as anyone else's knowledge. These people needed a support group too, and now they have one. Not such a big issue in these particular threads, but still an influential and growing trend. Some say the blame goes all the way back to the democratization of Usenet. The cars are getting better, but the people aren't.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:45 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts

Agreed, there is a small group in the 991 forum that are argumentative, mean-spirited and condescending and if removed would greatly diminish the negativity that thrives here. I would be greatly surprised if the moderators didn't already have a list of names. Creating sub forums won't fix it, getting rid of the problem posters will.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
It’s really a sad situation to see the nastiness that goes on here. I’m always looking for input on something I’m doing or planning and lately the threads have been negative and childess.
Going to see if 6spped and Renntech areworth a look.
6speed is on its last legs but there is a forum out there with the most up to date 991.2 information as well as turbo 911 topics with much higher quality discussion, informed members, and more technical topics than Rennlist offers. Plus the members all moderate themselves and it is merit based.

Unfortunately, this forum is stuck in the past and some of the above posters think they aren't part of the issue but fortunately there are alternatives.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
Same group of 991.1 owners with him being the main one constantly derailing with engine sound posts and invading 991.2 threads. Then when 991.2 owners defend themselves from the constant 'engine sound' trolling they are blamed.

Many people are fed up and several have left...

Last edited by sticky; 11-01-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:48 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, now our two favorite folks have found this thread. How long until the fighting starts?

I'm off to 6speed and the Porsche subreddit for my needs for a while. Enjoy what's left of Rennlist!

Quick Reply: Thread Killer