Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fault engine control possible to drive on

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 12:36 AM
JerryM-NJ
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Resolved. My old HF reader came through. Fault read, "P2262 Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost Pressure Not Detected Mechanical".

I sent a photo of the error to Scott at Softronic. Within a couple of hours he had the corrected file over to me. I re-flashed the ECU and issue fixed. Car is now idling smoother as well.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:30 PM
Dunkydunk
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cjpimentel1
New member here, been stalking these forums for years now, finally decided to join. lemme jump right into it.

Fault engine control possible to drive on

Just had that fault a few days ago. Same thing. Started fine one day, after about a mile or so of driving miss daisy fault comes on, drive a bit more than it goes into limp mode. Restart the car, fault remains but the limp mode disappears. Called my SA about it says drive it like you stole it. it might be due to not being used as much. I did and the limp mode didn't come on not once. EXCEPT when i drive it slow. anyway got tired of it and took it in yesterday. here are the faults that showed up :

P0237 pressure sensor ahead of throttle valve
P0106 intake manifold implosible
P0236 pressure sensor ahead of throttle valve (limit exceeded)
P1552 function monitoring control unit fault group A
P2227 Ambient pressure implausible
P1990 Positive torque intervention not possible
P199A Engine torque valves inaacurate
00A005 Warning : Engine power reduce
00A016 Warning : Check engine
000021 Drive away release not possible
084B Door guard light electrical fault

Mine is a 1st gen 2014 991.1 Turbo S with 14,000 km (8700 miles) on it.

SA called and they think it's the DME. They don't have an answer yet as to why and what may have caused it.
did you get to the bottom of this I have almost the identical codes and symptoms
Old 08-12-2023, 02:54 PM
JerryM-NJ
AutoX

Fault came back again. Same issue. I deleted the Softronic flash and everything is back to normal running fine. I had the flash in for about a year and had three problems with it. Has anyone else had an issue? I get that sometimes things don't work for some unknown reason - maybe my car doesn't like that software version. I like what the software does but it'a not worth the trouble. It feels like I wasted $1,500+.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:27 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 323 Likes on 234 Posts

DME SW are so complicated on modern cars, I'd always stick with the official tune/SW of the OEM.
Old 08-12-2023, 04:58 PM
JerryM-NJ
AutoX

Default You're right

Originally Posted by Watson
DME SW are so complicated on modern cars, I'd always stick with the official tune/SW of the OEM.
I have to at this point. 3 strikes. It would be silly to continue with this software expecting a different result. I couldn't measure the difference but seat of the pants felt quicker than stock. Very disappointed that this doesn't work. I should have explored if this came with a guarantee before leaping. Hopefully it didn't break anything long term.
Old 08-12-2023, 05:02 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 167 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryM-NJ
Fault came back again. Same issue. I deleted the Softronic flash and everything is back to normal running fine. I had the flash in for about a year and had three problems with it. Has anyone else had an issue? I get that sometimes things don't work for some unknown reason - maybe my car doesn't like that software version. I like what the software does but it'a not worth the trouble. It feels like I wasted $1,500+.
Hello,
If you got the fault code again it would be that you loaded the first file again recently that had the code. This is normally corrected when I make the files yet your first file it had not been and could not show in what I revised since. I think it would be easier then just to flash it to the Orig file and we reset the MyGenius and I send you the one file so that would be the only one other than the Orig that could be flashed.

The fault also does not cause any harm to the car...... Flashing the car to stock or visa versa will erase the code the same as just deleting it with the handheld so in some cases it may appear to fix a problem yet it just deleted a code until it would come back. In this case it was the same file loaded with the error from a year ago.

Best,
Scott
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Last edited by Softronic; 08-12-2023 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added text
Old 08-12-2023, 05:15 PM
JerryM-NJ
AutoX

If you're asking did I install the original file again, absolutely not. Shooting from memory we had the original purchase last July that created a fault last year a month later. You quickly sent a correction and I loaded that which corrected the fault. Then I failed NJ inspection and you sent me a revised file which I installed after passing inspection last November and have been using the car ever since without issue. For whatever reason the fault came back with the most recent file sent and installed 9 months ago. Sorry Scott. Your cs is very good but for whatever reason the product does not work on my car. My question was to see if anyone else has these problems. I like what the software does but the faults are unacceptable for any long term installation.
Old 08-12-2023, 05:57 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If you're asking did I install the original file again, absolutely not. Shooting from memory we had the original purchase last July that created a fault last year a month later. You quickly sent a correction and I loaded that which corrected the fault. Then I failed NJ inspection and you sent me a revised file which I installed after passing inspection last November and have been using the car ever since without issue. For whatever reason the fault came back with the most recent file sent and installed 9 months ago. Sorry Scott. Your cs is very good but for whatever reason the product does not work on my car. My question was to see if anyone else has these problems. I like what the software does but the faults are unacceptable for any long term installation.
Hello ,
Yes on the orig purchase from Soul Performance in July and I sent a file, then in august you got the 2262 fault and I sent a revised file and it was fine until Nov when you had emissions in NJ and they flagged it.... I sent the same revised file with a change for that as CA and NJ and other states are a bit of an issue as they keep changing how or what they check on Nov 9. I tell people to just flash back to the orig Porsche file and that way they are no issues in which you had done and went through inspection Nov10.

You then flashed a tune back a couple weeks later Nov 25 and it looks like the first one as the 2262 doesn't exist in the other files to show for the August or Nov 9 files I sent and mentioned this in an email to you July 30 and you said that your sure you didn't flash that file. Yet I checked those two files again and it cant be generated in them. Performance wise there is no difference in the files as its just the code that can show depending on the driving of the car and can be cleared yet not required to flash back to the Orig Porsche file with the MyGenius .However that shouldn't be required as I had again mentioned it was a slip up on my part in the first file I made in July 2022.

Like I said why don't we simply reset the MyGenius and load just the one file to it with the orig and that way there is no confusion on what files were flashed and would then fix the issue and you would not have multiple files on the unit to worry about.

Old first tuned file small binary 8 bit string and Orig file section 99 02 62 22 40 00 0A 05
2 Newer tuned files binary 8 bit string section with P2262 removed 99 02 00 00 40 00 0A 05
This is the Fault ID and there are other corrections elsewhere I wont bother to post as this is just for a small visual of the P2262 fault in the code.

Best,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 08-13-2023 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Added text to clarify and binary section
Old 08-13-2023, 12:01 PM
patb609
7th Gear

I had a bunch of issues with my car after the softronics tune that I got from soul. I feel like I wasted money as well. It ended up ruining the car for me as the issues were non stop. I am looking to get a 992 turbo s when I am done with the R8 that I currently have. I’ll probably use Sam, Aim, or m engineering instead. Should not have that many issues with a mildly modded cars.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:44 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by patb609
I had a bunch of issues with my car after the softronics tune that I got from soul. I feel like I wasted money as well. It ended up ruining the car for me as the issues were non stop. I am looking to get a 992 turbo s when I am done with the R8 that I currently have. I’ll probably use Sam, Aim, or m engineering instead. Should not have that many issues with a mildly modded cars.
Hello Pat,
Sorry for the issue yet perhaps you can tell me what it was as I don't believe you ever emailed me or I cant find any on anything after you flashed the car? I believe you bought a 991.1TTS flash from Soul and flashed your car in 8/2022 after installing cat bypass pipes for a CEL from them? This was all done through Soul even the read out was through them and I copied your email to them when I sent it. The few posts you have are about issues others were having with other tunes and now this post.

One post was the persons issue with a different tune was an intake leak and bad DV's fixed it and you were checking into that . Other than those I cant find anything from the other 4 posts you made or info on any issues.

It looks like this thread has now grouped all 991 under the same general discussion from 991.1 NA and Turbo to 991.2 and Turbos all being "991".

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 08-13-2023 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added text on issue that fixed another's Porsche
Old 08-13-2023, 01:10 PM
patb609
7th Gear

The car went into limp mode and died on me several times. It even had a instance which damn every warning light was thrown and the car needed to get a new dme from my local porsche location. Upon that expensive repair the car was absolutely fine with the stock map for about a month. Then it was reflashed to your software with the handheld and the issues came back. I believe John G from soul reached out to you per our convo thread. In addition, i also reached out prior to getting a new dme and never heard back. No hard feelings just an expensive lesson learned for me.

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello Pat,
Sorry for the issue yet perhaps you can tell me what it was as I don't believe you ever emailed me or I cant find any on anything after you flashed the car? I believe you bought a 991.1TTS flash from Soul and flashed your car in 8/2022 after installing cat bypass pipes for a CEL? This was all done through Soul and the few posts you have are about issues others were having with other tunes and now this post.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 08-13-2023, 01:56 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by patb609
The car went into limp mode and died on me several times. It even had a instance which damn every warning light was thrown and the car needed to get a new dme from my local porsche location. Upon that expensive repair the car was absolutely fine with the stock map for about a month. Then it was relflashed to your software with the handheld and the issues came back. I believe John G from soul reached out to you per our convo thread. In addition, i also reached out prior to getting a new dme and never heard back. No hard feelings just an expensive lesson learned for me.
Hello,
Sorry to hear that about replacing the DME yet software wouldn't ruin it as the software can always be flashed or loaded again like in a hard drive on a computer unless the drive is bad or defective. . Generally when all the warning lights come on is that all the other CU's loose com with it in which sounds like why they perhaps replaced it for that reason and didn't just flash it with the PIWIS tester or even the MyGenius back to stock. I checked and cant find any other emails etc from Soul or your email to me other than when I sent the file out on it. I can say that I have flashed over 80 TTS with that specific file and I say specific file as any given year car could have up to 6 different files yet all yield the same results from Porsche. As an example their are over 35 different files for the 718 4.0 NA alone and the Spyders and the GT4 uses the same ones.....I haven't been contacted with that issue from any of them either yet its not to say perhaps the file that was sent may have been corrupted yet the orig file would have been the same.

Do you still have the Old DME as I can take a look at it and you could sell it ? Generally when they replace the DME the software gets updated so the files are different yet if that's the case the MyGenius wouldn't work again as it has to program the file that was in the car or reset to do so. I fix many DME's for many different reasons and for Porsche Dealers as well and most are from wrong IPAS data or to many files loaded on one etc .

Best,
Scott
Old 08-14-2023, 01:06 PM
Atheist
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by DVc4s
I had the same error pop up on my '13 911 4S with 30k miles. Before that error message though, i got three different error messages at once, which were "PSM loss", "4-wheel drive limited" and "stop/start operation deactivated" it would go off overnight and go back on about 10 minutes after starting the car and driving the next day. after a couple of days of that, i got the " engine fault" message which did not go away overnight. I took the car to a reputable third party service shop which checked the codes and a cylinder misfire message came up among a couple other messages. I had them replace all of the spark plugs and ignition coils, as well as replace the battery which Porsche recommended i do a few months prior when i got my oil change because they said it was due a change. those things fixed the issues and havent gotten any error messages yet after a few days of driving and about 100 miles. I read on other threads that a weak battery may potentially also be the cause of the "PSM loss", "4-wheel drive limited" and "stop/start operation deactivated" error messages.
Got the same messages the other day after pumping gas. Turn out I did not screw on the gas cap properly. Took it off re-screwed it on. After 5 starts codes and messages cleared. Car always ran perfect. I did realize a loose or misthreaded gas cap can case a check engine message but never realized I would get so many messages like "stop/start operation deactivated" " rear axle steering no available " engine management fault" and something about the breaks all from a loose gas cap. The fact it happened just after adding gas was the only clue.

Quick Reply: Fault engine control possible to drive on