Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Try to sell my car...dealer frustration. Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:20 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Why is that greedy? They're a for profit business providing a service and trying to maximize their profit. You don't have to accept their offer and they don't have to do business with you if they don't think it's lucrative enough. I don't see how someone can get angry at a dealer for not buying a car from them.
This x100. They likely don't see a road to a 10-15% profit on your car and thus aren't interested, no harm no foul from my perspective.

I didn't know there would ever be a pre-conceived expectation that a Porsche dealership would be required to buy one's car when they are ready to sell. Sell it private or find a dealer that will buy it, seems easy enough to me.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:20 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
This x100. They likely don't see a road to a 10-15% profit on your car and thus aren't interested, no harm no foul from my perspective.

I didn't know there would ever be a pre-conceived expectation that a Porsche dealership would be required to buy one's car when they are ready to sell. Sell it private or find a dealer that will buy it, seems easy enough to me.
plus 1
Old 08-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
What benefits exactly? I lived in CA for 55 years and don't recall any other than great weather.
Hmmm, access to one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world? Amazing mountain ranges and one of the prettiest alpine lack in the world? Great skiing most years? The tech center of the universe at the moment and one of the hottest job markets in the U.S.? A few of the best driving roads in the country? Great sports teams with dozens of championships? Two amazing world class cities? Hollywood? Carmel? Malibu?

BTW, if anyone reading this is contemplating moving to California, you should also know we have crazy politics, ridiculous taxes, earthquakes, mudslides, wildfires, no water and terrible cools. Stay away. You'd hate it here.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:26 AM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmm, access to one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world? Amazing mountain ranges and one of the prettiest alpine lack in the world? Great skiing most years? The tech center of the universe at the moment and one of the hottest job markets in the U.S.? A few of the best driving roads in the country? Great sports teams with dozens of championships? Two amazing world class cities? Hollywood? Carmel? Malibu?

BTW, if anyone reading this is contemplating moving to California, you should also know we have crazy politics, ridiculous taxes, earthquakes, mudslides, wildfires, no water and terrible cools. Stay away. You'd hate it here.
I was about to pack my bags until you mentioned Hollywood!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Driven991
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

I should have been more clear.

I do not begrudge a business making money. I am not upset with the fact that the first dealer did not purchase my car. It was how it was handled. The three business days of not hearing anything from them was annoying. It does not take 3 business days to make that kind of decision. Just man up and tell me you don't want it, I'm ok with that..on the first day.

The second dealer I have less of an issue with his approach and communication. I was lowballed and expected that to some degree.

Where I have a general problem with dealerships is the perceived attitude that they are doing you a favor for almost anything and the lack of clear timely communication.

Whatever....it is just a car. I was just venting a little.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:57 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven991
I should have been more clear.

I do not begrudge a business making money. I am not upset with the fact that the first dealer did not purchase my car. It was how it was handled. The three business days of not hearing anything from them was annoying. It does not take 3 business days to make that kind of decision. I mean really, just man up and tell me you don't want it, I'm ok with that..on the first day.

The second dealer I have less of an issue with his approach and communication. I was lowballed and expected that to some degree.

Where I have a general problem with dealerships is the perceived attitude that they are doing you a favor for almost anything and the lack of clear timely communication.

Whatever....it is just a car. I was just venting a little.

They're interested in selling cars and taking ones in on trade. They love you if you're buying, and you get put on the back burner if there's little in it for them. Don't get emotional here. It's only business. You're just the guy that doesn't get a call back from the hot girl that has many options.

Looks like your SA Kim who was so hot for you, just was looking for a free dinner and some drinks.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9624...991-2-c2s.html

So April 2016 you buy a 991.1 C2S and November 2016 trade for the 991.2 C2S. What's the issue? Now less than a year later looking to sell again? I'm more concerned about the poor cars feelings than yours It looks like you're the one "playing the field" here.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Driven991
Racer

STG,

Not sure where you are trying to go with link you posted...your choice of language there is a little weird. They are not my local dealer and have nothing to do with this thread.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:26 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Driven991
STG,

Not sure where you are trying to go with link you posted...your choice of language there is a little weird. They are not my local dealer and have nothing to do with this thread.
So you went to your local dealer, who you didn't even buy the car from to get a quote for them to buy your car outright?

All the time and effort you've put into this thread, you could have placed a classified ad here on Rennlist.

The pre-owned 991.2 market isn't the hottest right now at those price points. Probably why they're not doing backflips for you.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:29 AM
STG
Race Director

https://rennlist.com/forums/register.php

Name:  photo122.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  171.2 KB
Old 08-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Hmmm, thought this was about the Carolinas until I got to Hollywood.

BTW, car tax here is $300 max, gas is lowest or 2nd lowest in the country, and a $1M house (real estate tax about $2k) on the coast is what in CA? $5M?
Old 08-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Driven991
Racer

Originally Posted by STG
So you went to your local dealer, who you didn't even buy the car from to get a quote for them to buy your car outright?

All the time and effort you've put into this thread, you could have placed a classified ad here on Rennlist.

The pre-owned 991.2 market isn't the hottest right now at those price points. Probably why they're not doing backflips for you.
Hey man, don't get emotional.....
Old 08-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Hmmm, thought this was about the Carolinas until I got to Hollywood.

BTW, car tax here is $300 max, gas is lowest or 2nd lowest in the country, and a $1M house (real estate tax about $2k) on the coast is what in CA? $5M?
But we can sit outside on the patio in the evening without being eaten alive by bugs.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Only if you choose to live in an uncontrolled area.

Welcome to this century.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:30 PM
socalpcarfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
They're interested in selling cars and taking ones in on trade. They love you if you're buying, and you get put on the back burner if there's little in it for them. Don't get emotional here. It's only business. You're just the guy that doesn't get a call back from the hot girl that has many options.

Looks like your SA Kim who was so hot for you, just was looking for a free dinner and some drinks.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9624...991-2-c2s.html

So April 2016 you buy a 991.1 C2S and November 2016 trade for the 991.2 C2S. What's the issue? Now less than a year later looking to sell again? I'm more concerned about the poor cars feelings than yours It looks like you're the one "playing the field" here.
lol clown
Old 08-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Only if you choose to live in an uncontrolled area.

Welcome to this century.
Your joking right? Every house in North Carolina seems to have a screened in back porch to keep out the bugs.

Quick Reply: Try to sell my car...dealer frustration. Is this normal?