Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Try to sell my car...dealer frustration. Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Your joking right? Every house in North Carolina seems to have a screened in back porch to keep out the bugs.
Not joking. "Every house" pretty funny though.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:24 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
They're interested in selling cars and taking ones in on trade. They love you if you're buying, and you get put on the back burner if there's little in it for them. Don't get emotional here. It's only business. You're just the guy that doesn't get a call back from the hot girl that has many options.

Looks like your SA Kim who was so hot for you, just was looking for a free dinner and some drinks.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9624...991-2-c2s.html

So April 2016 you buy a 991.1 C2S and November 2016 trade for the 991.2 C2S. What's the issue? Now less than a year later looking to sell again? I'm more concerned about the poor cars feelings than yours It looks like you're the one "playing the field" here.
LOL

Or the dealership buyer was out of the office. The sales person, can't just "buy" a car from you.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:58 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Any newer car, 1-2 years old is a pain to get rid of.
This has been my experience, especially with high dollar cars like Porsches. I had the devil of a time selling my Panamera S after a year or so; ended up wholesaling it to a dealer. I didn't even try with the 991, just traded it. After a month of no action on the 981, gave it to the dealer at wholesale. As others have mentioned, folks either want exactly what they want, custom, new, no one farting in it before them, or they can't finance it, don't have the cash, etc.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Your joking right? Every house in North Carolina seems to have a screened in back porch to keep out the bugs.
Gary, it seems, lives in the NC mountains (mosquitoes can't live above a certain elevation) and I think his other comments about low taxes and gas prices referred to his home in SC. Hard to argue with the cost of living around here, as long as you don't mind humidity and hurricanes and occasionally offensive politics (on both sides).

And it's "you're" not "your".
Old 08-02-2017, 05:38 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

I doubt the OP is going to do this. Just a gut feeling

Quick Reply: Try to sell my car...dealer frustration. Is this normal?