Sponsored by:

X51 kit - 991.2S - Suncoast

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:37 AM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
What a buzz kill. You must be the life of the neighborhood block party.
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2017, 07:12 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Update - two track sessions (1) on the clock sprint and (2) track tuning day

(1) The car performed very well (in lead group) - strong pull from two uphill exits and on two straights. Very linear, have to be careful with modulation - a lighter foot is required. Unfortunately 70 cars turned up and the lead group had to run with 12. More like wheel to wheel, so no logging.

(2) Track tuning day, just got going, beat my PB by just over a second and then lost a rear tire. Flatbedded home - to remove the offending screw! (which came off the track - the car had a spanner and tire check on a hoist, prior to going on track). Approximately 10kmh faster in the straights and noted, at two additional points (humps), I got the full nannies flashing - getting very light!

Very impressed, super linear, requires lots of throttle modulation, great under brakes, loud - real drivers car. After the stuff up with Corsas - I can see why they are offered as an option - I am cutting to the chase and getting a set of MPSC2. Keeps me in class and the extra sidewall plus grip is required.

Basically, I'm a happy camper the X51 has added a bit more mongrel to the mix
Old 10-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by randr
I can see why they are offered as an option - I am cutting to the chase and getting a set of MPSC2. Keeps me in class and the extra sidewall plus grip is required.
Do you feel the MPSC2 offers more grip than the new Pzero Corsa?
Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Its more a case of a combination of grip and sidewall.

The P Zero N1 are pretty sticky for a road tire but at the end of the day they go off quite quickly and the sidewall is much less consistent than the MPSC2.

I'll probably migrate from the MPSC2 N0 to the MPSC2 N1 as and when they become available.

I feel the Corsas are somewhere between MPSC2 and PZN1 - I would have preferred them in the first instance but there were problems with my initial order. So ultimately a cut to the chase was required.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The whole point of this kit is it gives you flexibility - (a) significant improvement across the whole torque curve (b) brings you into line with the GTS (c) future proofs the car to some extent (d) retains full warranty (e) allows those of us that prefer the slim body to have the performance of the GTS without the width of the 4. (f) you have the performance of a GT3 in a far more liveable car (so long as you have RAS etc) - in fact at the wheels there will only 20WHP difference.
Great points. It's not a cheap upgrade per HP by any means but some of your points make me think I should think about this more myself (come in bonus! ). And glad I specced RWS (RAS) on my CS.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:48 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

For the #2 car this seems to be a very compelling upgrade for OEM/Warrantied power. If you're into aftermarket then it will just be a matter of time before a 500hp option becomes available; and if you like tuning, this would likely be the better option. Depending on your personality type and risk threshold, make your decision accordingly but the #2 X51 is pretty compelling vs the #1 X51 upgrade.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:26 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
For the #2 car this seems to be a very compelling upgrade for OEM/Warrantied power. If you're into aftermarket then it will just be a matter of time before a 500hp option becomes available; and if you like tuning, this would likely be the better option. Depending on your personality type and risk threshold, make your decision accordingly but the #2 X51 is pretty compelling vs the #1 X51 upgrade.

or you could do both and move to 525 hp.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:53 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,535 Posts

...the installation document is thirty pages long. I have a copy...
Photos of 9A2 991.2 C2S turbocharger (part number 123.032.03 Borg Warner)

Hot (brown) and cold side (silver) - hole at centre is bearing coolant entry point
Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
UPDATE! Porsche is now including the brake cooling hardware

Thinking of picking one of these kits up and would be installing it myself. I will not be running factory tuning so the dealer ECU flash wont be needed, and PSE already on the car.

[Yes, warranty void on my own why would I do that on a new car I must be a moron etc, disclaimers noted]

Couple of questions:

1. Water Cooled Turbos? : Guess I didn't realize these were water cooled turbos. #randr, Can you give us a quick rundown of any special installation steps for dealing with the water-cooled turbos? I'm entirely comfortable with changing turbos on say a Mezger turbo engine, but no coolant lines on those. Hopefully they don't have you draining and vaccum-filling the entire cooling circuit?

2. Brake Cooling Hardware: Honestly this looks like more work than installing the turbos! Changing out the entire wheel carrier so you can run a slightly larger scoop? Anyone have pictures of the old/new scoops side by side?

3. The cool "exclusive powerkit" engine cover trim comes with the kit? Guessing so as they quote labor to install it!
Old 07-21-2018, 01:10 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by budrichard
I'm glad everything worked out for you! But right now all your observations are subjective.
Unless you can supply objective test data before and after, it's all subjective. My 991.2 C4S has more than enough power, I can't understand modifying a perfectly good vehicle for very little HP. I would be veru concerned that the modified product would have performance and quality problems. I'm glad you have none.-Richard
Bud, nobody is saying your C4S is an inferior product. What they are saying is an S with X51 Power Kit is superior, and totally equall to the GTS engine. And fully factory warranteed. You only need to see the dyno performance to imagine the benefits of the X51 kit:

Quick Reply: X51 kit - 991.2S - Suncoast