Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

TT vs TTS video

Old 04-29-2014, 10:06 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts
Default TT vs TTS video

Finally a video head to head match-up..... and interesting, even though the TT jumped the start, the TTS doesn't appear to make up the ground lost "in this test"...

Old 04-29-2014, 12:04 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts

Production difference could be more than the stated HP difference. 40 HP is only 8 percent.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol! That was one pretty big jump.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:47 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

And yet the TTS does not close the gap... !!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:51 PM
ColdList
Racer

And you, doing what you do, would expect a car to close that? You know how it effects the outcome very clearly.

In any case, I don't care much. I am entertained by the way people who bought the non-S have to spend so much effort into justifying their purchase. For goodness sake-just enjoy your cars. They are AWESOME! Let those little voices in your head tick away at the thousands of other things they talk to you about all day.

Last edited by ColdList; 04-29-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:32 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Well, I didn't think it was that big of a jump. And I wouldn't expect the TTS to make up ground over a short distance like this. My big question is how do you know which is the TT and which is the TTS. Is there a description on the original utube video?
Old 04-29-2014, 04:36 PM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Well, I didn't think it was that big of a jump. And I wouldn't expect the TTS to make up ground over a short distance like this. My big question is how do you know which is the TT and which is the TTS. Is there a description on the original utube video?
There are minor differences... S has black tailpipes, different more "aero" front blades. Everything else can be optioned to look like one another (CL vs 5 lug wheels, PCCB, etc.). Also the S comes standard with PCCB so I don't think you'll see too many Ss with steel rotors but some people do buy as a second set and swap them out if they track their car, etc.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:36 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ColdList
And you, doing what you do, would expect a car to close that? You know how it effects the outcome very clearly.

In any case, I don't care much. I am entertained by the way people who bought the non-S have to spend so much effort into justifying their purchase. For goodness sake-just enjoy your cars. They are AWESOME! Let those little voices in your head tick away at the thousands of other things they talk to you about all day.

How?? By posting the first video of a TT vs TTS??

Anyway.... It was probably the TTS's well documented Massive Turbo Lag that allowed the TT the jump....

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Near car has red callipers, silver tail pipes and 5 lug wheels. The far car has black tail pipes and CL. From that I assumed..but you're right, the near car could be a TTS and optioned like a TT.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:46 PM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Look at the air blades by the turn signals...
Old 04-29-2014, 04:50 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
How?? By posting the first video of a TT vs TTS??

Anyway.... It was probably the TTS's well documented Massive Turbo Lag that allowed the TT the jump....

Well we could reference your earlier conversation where you had to go to great pains to illustrate this. You can thinly veil the intent of this post separately if you like but we both know

You should just post a thread titled "Turbo S buyers are complete idiots." I imagine you'd have to count fewer sheep to get a good rest....

So if we just get factual:

991 Turbo
520 hp
487 tq. (524 w/overboost)

991 Turbo S
560 hp
516 tq (553 w/overboost)

Same curb weight and more hp and tq in the TTS. Which would be faster?

WHO CARES?-lol!

Heck, my Cabriolet is likely slower than both. These cars aren't about .1 sec. here or there or which is "better". There is no right answer. They are about "wants".

These are some great passive aggressive posts!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:01 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Again....LOL!

No sense continuing Sparky, aka Mr Massive Turbo Lag,....someone's room-filling ego crowds out any sheep I might have counted..

Old 04-29-2014, 05:06 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The TT lead from the start seemed uniform, although the perspective of the frames makes it tough to tell what the lead was at the end. The TTS might have closed a half-car length, but whatever the case the TT is one fast model. FWIW, I had configured a TT and did not especially want PCCB's, but the delta to a TTS was small enough to push me to the TTS. I doubt that I will ever test the car's capabilities on the road, much less next to a TT, so any acceleration difference will not make a difference to me. With all the stuff about PCCB wear/maintenance and CL difficulties, the TT looks very attractive though.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:48 PM
ColdList
Racer

Again....LOL!

No sense continuing Sparky, aka Mr Massive Turbo Lag,....someone's room-filling ego crowds out any sheep I might have counted..

My Turbo S cab will smoke your non-Turbo Cab.

...and stop faster....

...and remember, I LOVE flash...and my aversion to brake dust was the BIG thing for me. I'm shallow.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:19 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ColdList

My Turbo S cab will smoke your non-Turbo Cab.

...and stop faster....

...and remember, I LOVE flash...and my aversion to brake dust was the BIG thing for me. I'm shallow.
No it won't!!...... if I jump the start...

All moot points.... If history is any indication, you'll be trading shortly!

Old 04-29-2014, 06:26 PM
ColdList
Racer

No it won't!!...... if I jump the start...

All moot points.... If history is any indication, you'll be trading shortly!

Huracan on order.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TT vs TTS video