Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

TT vs TTS video

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 08:01 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks to me to be a clear victory for the TT. The jump was minor in terms of reaction times and whilst it did give the TT an initial lead there was no catching up going on from the S, going by the video. Maybe the angle doesn't show it properly…who knows.

OK that said one could attempt to excuse the poor result on the basis of a few things such as driver weight, volume of fuel in tank, extra weight of glass sunroof vs no roof at all, which would all amount to something for sure.

BUT, one would have hoped for the extra KW's and NMs of the S to have rounded up any imbalances during the run…..but it didn't. So maybe the S was just a dud car that doesn't pull as good as others. That can happen. Each car is always a little different. If I were the S driver in that clip I would be questioning the claimed power benefit notwithstanding the S having a whole lot of performance features over the stock TT.

I say line em up and go again. Either that or just head straight down to the dealer where he bought his S and start asking some hard questions.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:04 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Guy in the TTS was preoccupied with how great his Bermester sounded, then realized he was in a race. One second jump and these cars are already doing 30mph! Winner goes to first off the line. Now if it was a GTR, that S woulda caught up and passed.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:33 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by zedosix
Guy in the TTS was preoccupied with how great his Bermester sounded, then realized he was in a race. One second jump and these cars are already doing 30mph! Winner goes to first off the line. Now if it was a GTR, that S woulda caught up and passed.
Lol, anything is a possibility there, but either way he basically got himself spanked by a base TT, so if I were him I would take that video along with his car back to the dealer he bought it off and ask wtf is going on with the thing because by rights it should clearly pull the TT jump or no jump.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:38 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Gunner and I will give it a go, then we will get back to you, that is if he can get it broken in!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:45 PM
speed21
Banned

OK. let's wait and see. Btw I'm rooting for the S (as that's what i have myself) to take the TT down but the way it looks here with this sad and sorry outcome maybe I better not bet any money..
Old 04-29-2014, 11:07 PM
MMH78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just realized why Porsche is pushing to sell TTs rather than TT. All the test cars given to the journalist was TTs. I personally went for TT because I didn't wanted PCCB. Expecting August delivery.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:17 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Gunner and I will give it a go, then we will get back to you, that is if he can get it broken in!
Hey I'm working on it!!

Taken Sunday...

...and yer on, LOL...then we'll compare timed laps at Calabogie Motorsport!!

Last edited by NVRANUF; 04-29-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Snorman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Burmeister in my TT (and it sounds awesome!).
But yeah...a little jump in a car like this means a lot.
Let's not forget that the TT's are, as I recall, 30-40# lighter than the TTS and there could be additional weight differences between drivers, fuel loads, etc. that makes up for a large portion of the 40 hp delta.
Then again, based on the torque curves and similar power outputs, there just might be a VERY small performance advantage for the TTS that's easily overcome with a better RT.
S.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 PM
speed21
Banned

^^^ (mh78) I went with TS for opposite reasons. I found the pccbs and center locks an added attraction (for my taste and requirements) regardless of any of the claimed additional running costs (like who gives a F anyway...if you can afford this kind of car then accept whatever gets dealt). Also the PCCBS felt significantly better underfoot as a brake over the steels from a performance standpoint....and that's not saying the steels were bad either, just clearly not the same in overall performance and feel for what I was looking for this time round. I don't really plan tracking this particular car anyway. Plus I also found TS is packaged better for the money when you add up what you get vs spending it on optioning up a base TT to the same level. I'm personally over spending money on options to spec up base cars only to see it never recovered on resale. All that said the base TT is all anyone needs anyway but the TS comes complete with all the latest Porsche features and technology so I thought what the heck why not....you only live once and if you can swing it, do it.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Coincident
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If we are really serious about 0-60 times, weight reduction becomes of paramount importance. We therefore should all be serious about losing at least 10-25% of our body weight.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:34 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Snorman
I have the Burmeister in my TT (and it sounds awesome!).
But yeah...a little jump in a car like this means a lot.
Let's not forget that the TT's are, as I recall, 30-40# lighter than the TTS and there could be additional weight differences between drivers, fuel loads, etc. that makes up for a large portion of the 40 hp delta.
Then again, based on the torque curves and similar power outputs, there just might be a VERY small performance advantage for the TTS that's easily overcome with a better RT.
S.
Yeh agree all the little things add up such as weight of driver, car etc.. One reason why I ditched the roof off my options list. I was looking for something as pure performance as possible with as less weight as possible for this type of car. Bit like a GT3 with some added luxury and a few extra ponies. I'm happy so far. Just rolled over 1300kms in a month of ownership so I haven't been sparing the welly. I figure Rain hail snow or sun out she goes for duty . Now all i need is a TT to line up against to give an *** whippin.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:36 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes the TTS is about 40 lbs heavier. My questions are: What was the distance traveled by the winner? What was the speed of the loser when the winner hit 60 mph?
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Yes the TTS is about 40 lbs heavier. My questions are: What was the distance traveled by the winner? What was the speed of the loser when the winner hit 60 mph?
What makes up the extra 40KG?
Old 04-29-2014, 11:50 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

LOL, finally a GT3 type thread and it's in the 991 Turbo Forum! Cool!!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:52 PM
speed21
Banned

...well I thought I would try it on for size lol. Mind you if I bought and tracked the 991GT3 and chopped out the ceramics, or blew the donk I'll be in much the same boat anyway....but not sobbing and blogging... I will spare myself the dignity.

That said GT3 is an awesome car on the track....

Quick Reply: TT vs TTS video