Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

TT vs TTS video

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 01:25 AM
cartester
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I ordered my TTS Cab I specified the 'S' badge delete option so it would look like an ordinary Turbo. When I run across a Turbo owner and smoke his butt I just say there must be something wrong with your car.

Ok, just kidding.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:33 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ So all you have on the rear is "Turbo" ?......no P O R S C H E ?

If so love to see a pic of that. Truly. I would like to see one with out the other badging. You know you could have always kept the "S" as a souvenir....or sell it for a packet on Ebay! I'm even toying with the idea of using mat black on the turbo S badge and just having that. I'm sure it wont be too much trouble to get that done but was hoping to have seen a car without the Porsche badge before I went ahead.

Re the run. But what happens if the stock TT blows you? As it could well do! Then he will think for sure your car is broken or just a dud unit. JK.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:12 AM
cartester
Instructor

Originally Posted by speed21
^ So all you have on the rear is "Turbo" ?......no P O R S C H E ?

If so love to see a pic of that. Truly. I would like to see one with out the other badging. You know you could have always kept the "S" as a souvenir....or sell it for a packet on Ebay! I'm even toying with the idea of using mat black on the turbo S badge and just having that. I'm sure it wont be too much trouble to get that done but was hoping to have seen a car without the Porsche badge before I went ahead.

Re the run. But what happens if the stock TT blows you? As it could well do! Then he will think for sure your car is broken or just a dud unit. JK.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:26 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 997 badge
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2014, 08:04 AM
speed21
Banned

Thanks so much for for the Pic YellowPMan. Looks fine but I can't help but feel something is still not quite right. Maybe it's because the new rear has the crease line dead horizontal with the top of the rear lights separating the bumper from the lid, leaving the badge area large and uncontaminated for the bar to take care of any badging all on its own whereas 997tt had the decklid/bar join line horizontally midway making the badge to go on the deck lid. Hmmm. I feel that with just the PORSCHE badge it fills the area a bit better but sadly in that process knocks out the iconic "turbo" insignia in a bid to become less complicated if you will.

Maybe the turbo S badge just needs to be a bit bigger if it is to sit alone…and maybe needs to come down 1/2 inch or so from where it is.. I think that is the only solution to this but where do you get a slightly larger turbo badge in that font? Hmm. This one is not going to be easy. Maybe that's why Porsche went the whole hog and stuck everything they could find to fill the area. Crazy as it sounds that's the only thing that seems to make any sense now after looking at both options.

Sorry for the jack OP. It seems we have strayed off the beaten path of the main topic of racing one another for ultimate line honours, instead have now delved into trivial aesthetics over which badge solution is best.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:18 AM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Thanks so much for for the Pic YellowPMan. Looks fine but I can't help but feel something is still not quite right. Maybe it's because the new rear has the crease line dead horizontal with the top of the rear lights separating the bumper from the lid, leaving the badge area large and uncontaminated for the bar to take care of any badging all on its own whereas 997tt had the decklid/bar join line horizontally midway making the badge to go on the deck lid. Hmmm. I feel that with just the PORSCHE badge it fills the area a bit better but sadly in that process knocks out the iconic "turbo" insignia in a bid to become less complicated if you will.

Maybe the turbo S badge just needs to be a bit bigger if it is to sit alone…and maybe needs to come down 1/2 inch or so from where it is.. I think that is the only solution to this but where do you get a slightly larger turbo badge in that font? Hmm. This one is not going to be easy. Maybe that's why Porsche went the whole hog and stuck everything they could find to fill the area. Crazy as it sounds that's the only thing that seems to make any sense now after looking at both options.

Sorry for the jack OP. It seems we have strayed off the beaten path of the main topic of racing one another for ultimate line honours, instead have now delved into trivial aesthetics over which badge solution is best.
Yeah, and what about all that rain we're getting these days! Lol
Old 05-01-2014, 08:25 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by zedosix
Yeah, and what about all that rain we're getting these days! Lol
Lmao! I think we need something new here like a face off between something other than a TT and a TTS. Say something that will bring in the maclaren or ferrari or even GTR owners to defend their positions…
Old 05-01-2014, 09:56 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

It's all 50 shades of grey...

however..... I still think Turbo SS would look great on zedosix's car!!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by cartester
When I ordered my TTS Cab I specified the 'S' badge delete option so it would look like an ordinary Turbo. When I run across a Turbo owner and smoke his butt I just say there must be something wrong with your car.

Ok, just kidding.
My order is on file with just "911", no Turbo, No Turbo S.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
It's all 50 shades of grey...

however..... I still think Turbo SS would look great on zedosix's car!!
I think a German car with an double S in its designation would be a MAJOR Faux pas!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:25 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Yeah, but the width of max HP and max torque bands of the TT is wider than the TTS! ROFLMAO.
We're just having a little fun
Old 05-01-2014, 11:43 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I think a German car with an double S in its designation would be a MAJOR Faux pas!
If I had suggested Turbo then besides being distasteful and disrespectful, it would be a HUGE faux pas!!

but I didn't.
IMO... SS in automotive Americana is "Super Sport"... kinda like zedosix!

ps this thread has taken on some interesting twists and turns... all good!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
We're just having a little fun
Me too!!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:50 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it just the way it comes from factory. But someone said it earlier, it sure jams up the wax real good.
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2014, 02:58 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Like the plate, but it's taking me a while to get used to all the damn letters on these 991's!!
Like alphabet soup...

Quick Reply: TT vs TTS video