Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

TT vs TTS video

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

when I built up the TT vs TTS, I found that it was actually cheaper to get the TTS. I selected all the same options that came standard on the TTS and not the TT and when all was said and done I think I was higher than the price of the TTS.

Jeff
Old 04-30-2014, 07:19 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
when I built up the TT vs TTS, I found that it was actually cheaper to get the TTS. I selected all the same options that came standard on the TTS and not the TT and when all was said and done I think I was higher than the price of the TTS.

Jeff
Damn.... wish I had used your configurer!!

Old 04-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Snorman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504

Jeff
Of course, that only makes sense. However, when I compared a TT optioned as I wanted it to a TTS optioned exactly the same (Burmeister, heated/cooled seats, Light Design Package, white gauges, etc.) and did not add the items that are standard on the TTS but not on the TT which I didn't really want (PDCC, LED's, etc.) the delta was about $27k. Note that I did option the TT with SC and just before my order locked, I added PCCB so the delta was about $18k, or about $8k less than a no-option TTS.
S.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:18 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Sounds a nice car. Congratulations. We all make decisions and choices for different reasons… I would also agree that at the end of the day both variants are TT's so that in itself is a great club to be in regardless of the moniker on the rear. Enjoy!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:31 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default moniker?

Originally Posted by speed21
^ Sounds a nice car. Congratulations. We all make decisions and choices for different reasons… I would also agree that at the end of the day both variants are TT's so that in itself is a great club to be in regardless of the moniker on the rear. Enjoy!
I deleted the model designation on my TTS build.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:50 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Sure, just ask ColdList...
He loves trying to teach me lessons, although I'm still trying to figure out what they are... guess I'm to damn busy counting sheep

Sleeping through school...

Lesson 1 - Math : 560hp > 520hp

Lesson 2 - Psychology: Everything's gonna be ok

You know, you and I would prob. hit it off well in real life
Old 04-30-2014, 09:58 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
Sleeping through school...

Lesson 1 - Math : 560hp > 520hp

Lesson 2 - Psychology: Everything's gonna be ok

You know, you and I would prob. hit it off well in real life
LOL!...I resemble and concur all the above!!

Old 04-30-2014, 10:10 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP
I deleted the model designation on my TTS build.
Now there is an option I wouldn't go for. I was actually looking for the SS box to tick but didn't see one!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:23 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by zedosix
Now there is an option I wouldn't go for. I was actually looking for the SS box to tick but didn't see one!
Totally agree! For the life of me I cant see the sense in doing that. If the S or Turbo badge is such a huge issue then you would surely take it off yourself rather than tick a delete box. Just think that out of 100 future used car buyers 99.999 would want the turbo S badge on.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Snorman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally agree! For the life of me I cant see the sense in doing that. If the S or Turbo badge is such a huge issue then you would surely take it off yourself rather than tick a delete box. Just think that out of 100 future used car buyers 99.999 would want the turbo S badge on.
I did the model designation delete on my car too. You can leave it on, and then remove it yourself. However, the "PORSCHE" lettering is then off-center on the rear bumper cover and looks...hinky (IMO). When you do the delete, the lettering drops down on the bumper 1-1.5". IMO, the "Turbo" script clashes with the clean "PORSCHE" lettering and I prefer the latter.

S.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:15 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Suppose I'll have to depend on...

the 0.001 of the 100 future car buyers then.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
Sleeping through school... Lesson 1 - Math : 560hp > 520hp Lesson 2 - Psychology: Everything's gonna be ok You know, you and I would prob. hit it off well in real life
Yeah, but the width of max HP and max torque bands of the TT is wider than the TTS! ROFLMAO.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Snorman
I did the model designation delete on my car too. You can leave it on, and then remove it yourself. However, the "PORSCHE" lettering is then off-center on the rear bumper cover and looks...hinky (IMO). When you do the delete, the lettering drops down on the bumper 1-1.5". IMO, the "Turbo" script clashes with the clean "PORSCHE" lettering and I prefer the latter.
S.
Fair call but really everyone should know it is a Porsche anyway so maybe you took the wrong badge off it lol? I personally feel the Porsche badge on the rear is overkill gone bizarre and I'm even considering taking it off my own car. I will think about it...

Originally Posted by AndrewP
the 0.001 of the 100 future car buyers then.
lmao! Just think you could have used the badge on you wife's car or, sold it on ebay for a fortune to a regular TT owner.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Same here. And all the extra letters do is collect dirt or wax or whatever. Much prefer the clean look.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:31 AM
speed21
Banned

^ Did you guys ever consider just leaving the turbo badge on the rear? Would love to see what a 991TT or TS looks like with just the Turbo/S badging. The 997 looked good with just the turbo or turbo s badge on the rear and I always wondered why the need to go so crazy with all the badging on these 991's. Still say everyone ought to know by now it's a Porsche without plastering it all over the rear end... anyway...seems overkill to me...

Quick Reply: TT vs TTS video