Sponsored by: Road Spy

TT vs TTS video

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
^^^ (mh78) I went with TS for opposite reasons. I found the pccbs and center locks an added attraction (for my taste and requirements) regardless of any of the claimed additional running costs (like who gives a F anyway...if you can afford this kind of car then accept whatever gets dealt). Also the PCCBS felt significantly better underfoot as a brake over the steels from a performance standpoint....and that's not saying the steels were bad either, just clearly not the same in overall performance and feel for what I was looking for this time round. I don't really plan tracking this particular car anyway. Plus I also found TS is packaged better for the money when you add up what you get vs spending it on optioning up a base TT to the same level. I'm personally over spending money on options to spec up base cars only to see it never recovered on resale. All that said the base TT is all anyone needs anyway but the TS comes complete with all the latest Porsche features and technology so I thought what the heck why not....you only live once and if you can swing it, do it.
That was pretty much my thinking, even though I'll track it 2-3 weekends each summer.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:49 AM
cartester
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
In any case, I don't care much. I am entertained by the way people who bought the non-S have to spend so much effort into justifying their purchase. For goodness sake-just enjoy your cars. They are AWESOME!
Easy for you to say ColdList. You have this super hot top-of-the-line Turbo S Cabriolet. Not everyone can have that.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Snorman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These TTS vs. TT discussions are comical. I would venture to say anybody spending the $$$ on a TT can just as easily spend a few dollars more on a TTS.
It's all about preference. There is no legitimate "hierarchy" of 991 Turbo ownership.
S.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:15 AM
08viper1
Instructor

Who cares, they are both Porsche 911 Turbos.As stated, reaction time is huge in cars this fast from the dig.Really,the Turbo and Turbo S are about the same initially, but a Turbo S will pull ahead about 2 to 2 and half car lengths at the end of a quarter mile due to the extra Tq.and Hp..

I have done this and seen this many times.

The 991 Turbos will run 10.90/11.00s in the quarter mile and the S will go 10.60 to 10.70s.. Real Drag Strip/Good Track Prep.

Go to Drag Times.com and check it out..

Bottom line,the are both 10.second bone stock street cars,which is crazy fast..

I personally like whooping Ferraris,Lambos and McLarens better.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08viper1

Bottom line,the are both 10.second bone stock street cars,which is crazy fast..

I personally like whooping Ferraris,Lambos and McLarens better.
I like the sound of this.

I will keep my eyes out and find some for demolition.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:00 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Really does not matter ..they are both great cars normally driven by the more educated type of driver...I think most people and I include my self in that, who purchase the Tts do so as it is the top model...I'm sure no tts owner truly believe that the .1 sec here and there would ever be felt in the real world..
So "turbo" and "turbo s" drivers of the world unite and all agree we have one of the best cars in the world currently...
Old 04-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowPMan
Really does not matter ..they are both great cars normally driven by the more educated type of driver...I think most people and I include my self in that, who purchase the Tts do so as it is the top model...I'm sure no tts owner truly believe that the .1 sec here and there would ever be felt in the real world.. So "turbo" and "turbo s" drivers of the world unite and all agree we have one of the best cars in the world currently...
Bravo, well said!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speed21
What makes up the extra 40KG?
I was off on the weight difference. It is 22 pounds according to the 2014 brochure. I assume that the standard equipment on the S, that one can option on the TT accounts for the difference because from everything I have seen, the TTS has no mechanical differences with the TT, except of course the PCCB's that are 50% lighter than steel rotors, the S wheels, which may be lighter than those on the TT, PSC and PDCC. I suppose that the SC and PDCC account for the extra, net stock weight.

Last edited by AndrewP; 04-30-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:18 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by Snorman
These TTS vs. TT discussions are comical. I would venture to say anybody spending the $$$ on a TT can just as easily spend a few dollars more on a TTS.
It's all about preference. There is no legitimate "hierarchy" of 991 Turbo ownership.
S.
lol! This was the point that I was making in an albeit goofing around way. These cars are so crazy fast and there is no "better" or worse. Comes down to preference.

No matter what you say though my TTS cab will COMPLETELY annihilate his TT Cab!-hahahahaha!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by AndrewP

I was off on the weight difference. It is 22 pounds according to the 2014 brochure. I assume that the standard equipment on the S, that one can option on the TT accounts for the difference because from everything I have seen, the TTS has no mechanical differences with the TT, except of course the PCCB's that are 50% lighter than steel rotors and the S wheels, which may be lighter than those on the TT. Hard to imagine that the standard additional leather, 18 way seats or LED's weigh much more than the weight difference stated in the brochure. I have no idea of why the S weighs more. It should weigh less, unless PAG is not disclosing mechanical differences in the engine/drivetrain in the S it deems necessary for the additional boost.
The PCCB will actually make up for more than that amount of weight in that it is unsprung mass. I don't know the exact formula but it has a multiple effect of 3-4x or greater.

And dangit! Let's not forget about brake dust!-lol!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:23 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by cartester
Easy for you to say ColdList. You have this super hot top-of-the-line Turbo S Cabriolet. Not everyone can have that.
Ha! Yeah, I pity you my friend

However, we are not terribly smart because we spent all this extra $ and our cars are .10 slower! I'm gonna go look at Aventadors!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Bravo, well said!
+1
Old 04-30-2014, 03:16 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Hey I'm working on it!!

Taken Sunday...

...and yer on, LOL...then we'll compare timed laps at Calabogie Motorsport!!

Haha! I may need a lesson or two, know anyone? lol
Old 04-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Snorman
Advanced

Originally Posted by ColdList
lol! This was the point that I was making in an albeit goofing around way. These cars are so crazy fast and there is no "better" or worse. Comes down to preference.

No matter what you say though my TTS cab will COMPLETELY annihilate his TT Cab!-hahahahaha!
Alright, joke is on me, as I clearly missed the tongue-in-cheek humor.

S.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:53 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by zedosix
Haha! I may need a lesson or two, know anyone? lol
Sure, just ask ColdList...
He loves trying to teach me lessons, although I'm still trying to figure out what they are... guess I'm to damn busy counting sheep

Quick Reply: TT vs TTS video