Rennlist Member

Received 1,516 Likes on 819 Posts
Default John@EvoSpec Closed?

Heard he closed down? True?
Old 07-17-2024, 04:51 AM
Payam
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Hope not, I need my engine back... We're going on 7 months now.
Old 07-17-2024, 10:29 AM
D1al911
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 74 Posts

Last I heard he has been unwell. @heyitsfish
Old 07-18-2024, 12:41 PM
heyitsfish
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by D1al911
Last I heard he has been unwell. @heyitsfish
His shop was open last week, but I did not physically see him so I can't comment on his well being.
Old 07-25-2024, 04:18 PM
Hwyranger
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I need my engine and PDK back as well,…

I hope he gets better soon if he’s not well,…

Last edited by Hwyranger; 07-26-2024 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-25-2024, 04:22 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hwyranger
I need my engine and PDK back as well,…

I hope gets better soon if he’s not well,…
Good to hear. I wish someone at his shop could at least return phone calls or voicemails... I hate to say it but this is how he has operated for a LONG time...... I won't say anything else besides check out his google and BBB reviews.....
Old 07-26-2024, 01:47 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 282 Likes on 255 Posts

Regardless of everything, if he is sick, i hope he gets better
Old 07-26-2024, 01:50 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by X-PH.COM - MIKE
I agree.
Old 07-31-2024, 01:57 PM
heyitsfish
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I agree.
Originally Posted by X-PH.COM - MIKE

Yeah, there is no question John is on the wrong end of the spectrum when it comes to business and communication, especially when we get use to dealing with Sam, but he has definitely had some crap thrown at him over the past year on the personal side that he has had to deal with that would cause some hiccups for anyone. Especially a small business owner, which I know a lot of us can relate to...

I am planning to swing by this week to hopefully check in so I'll let you guys know if he's still there or if there is a For Sale sign taped to Payam's engine sitting out front.
Old 07-31-2024, 06:34 PM
Payam
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by heyitsfish
I am planning to swing by this week to hopefully check in so I'll let you guys know if he's still there or if there is a For Sale sign taped to Payam's engine sitting out front.
LMAO, I just hope I'm not out on a $60K motor/build. Trying to be patient as possible, been about 2-3 months since I've tried to get an update... No response yet
Hopefully you can get all of us an update on my engine lol.
Old 08-01-2024, 02:36 PM
lituoklis88
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

what a freaking sh*t show... no accountability, if someone is unwell, i hope they get better, but your customers should not be dragged with your problems. If its truly the case, refund the money, send their stuff back... not the best outcome but better that current situation. I am too in a situation where evospec fully built engine, after a dozen of runs need to be opened up, guess what? - the notorious engine builder is nowhere to be found. Given the circumstances for someone of the people here, maybe thats not the worst outcome, the problem is that no one wants to touch the engine after him. Idk. Call me insensitive but this it crap. Funny enough there is never any hiccups when it comes to receiving payment....
The following users liked this post:
Chameleon63$ (08-27-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 07:08 PM
Hwyranger
Rennlist Member

Any updates on EvoSpec?

I am unable to get ahold of anyone over there,…

What do we do? Physically drive to Arizona and retrieve our engines and PDKs?

I truly hope John is well,…or gets better soon. I have no problem paying for work already performed. Just need my hardware back if it cannot be completed,,..

John, if you or one of your representatives is reading this, please respond? Many thanks,,…
The following users liked this post:
Chameleon63$ (08-27-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 07:14 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Perhaps @SamboTT@ByDesign can shed some light as John is the one who builds engines for him....
Old 08-12-2024, 08:26 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,000 Likes on 602 Posts

Hey guys.
I’m sorry to say that John has been struggling with lots of unfortunate issues and to top it off he lost his father last week. Without getting too deep into it he’s had a rough ride for the past few years and I know he’s doing his best. I know there’s been a lot of just frustration out there. My .02 on the matter is that I truly believe there’s a difference between a bad person and a person going through a tough time. That being said, dealings where I am directly involved I’ve been doing my best to manage and help everyone involved. Slowly, but surely things are catching up, and there’s been a lot of people who are very patient and understanding which I personally appreciate very much. I’m happy to say that most of my clients have been or are just about getting wrapped up. 90% of them have been amazing and understanding which really helps the process. This all happened at a time when job volume was at an absolute peak, so it was a bad combination. Otherwise I can say that John has been there for me when I’ve needed him so I’m trying to be there for him to help him get through this which means help everyone involved get through this. Large projects/builds and engine builds can often take a very long time but unfortunate circumstances which affect communication can make it really frustrating. I know there’s a lot of people who have had no communication myself included.

I’ve been reluctant to post about it because it is personal but at the same time there’s a lot of people who ask questions and the motive is not clear. I’d be happy to answer questions if anyone is interested in doing engine upgrades and was considering this path. Or even if I can help as I’ve been for the last couple years with people who were dealing directly with John in the middle of this. Otherwise I think it’s pretty easy to kick someone while they’re down. With that, I will say if there’s anything I can do to help anyone I’d be happy to do my best. This includes people that I either have very little or absolutely nothing to do with the build. I’ll still do my best for everyone. This has been emotionally and financially quite costly, but I am committed to help everyone get through it to the best of my ability for our customers and the community.

Sorry for the long message, but hoping to be sensitive and as clear as I can be. All the best.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
The following 2 users liked this post by SamboTT@ByDesign:
onfireTTS (08-12-2024), Pb Pedis (08-14-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 11:12 PM
Hwyranger
Rennlist Member

Thank you so much for the response Sam,…

I greatly appreciate it.

please give John my best,…

Quick Reply: John@EvoSpec Closed?