John@EvoSpec Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2024, 03:35 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,001 Likes on 602 Posts

No. I know that’s what you seem to think which is why I tried to respond to you and I even sent you a message to try to clear the air as there’s definitely no benefit here for people if you actually care if there’s negative comments or incorrect allegations/blame. as I mentioned before I’ve been negotiating with the management company and attorneys and I was able to help with payments so that John could get a key so that we can get in there and try to resolve this mess. As I mentioned in the direct message, I sent you, if there’s any questions you may have or a gripe that I don’t quite understand that you have personally with me, feel free to ask privately or even here if you’d like it’s no problem. So I hope you’re clear on it, as mentioned from my first post here and the message I sent you. I have personal interests with clients and jobs as well as trying to help everyone involved as much as I can. Almost every person who is affected has reached out to me so until one of those people have something to back up all these negative comments I think those who are not involved with this situation, probably don’t know exactly what’s going on. I’m the only one who’s actively and financially pushing to move things in the right direction for everyone. this is about the current situation where people may have cars or engines stuck at EVOspec and need help resolving that. if I decide to help someone who’s down, that’s got nothing to do with my commitment to the community and clients. I just don’t understand your intentions.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 09-01-2024 at 03:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
K996 (09-02-2024)
Old 09-01-2024, 03:44 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,516 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
No. I know that’s what you seem to think which is why I tried to respond to you and I even sent you a message to try to clear the air as there’s definitely no benefit here for people if you actually care if there’s negative comments or incorrect allegations/blame. as I mentioned before I’ve been negotiating with the management company and attorneys and I was able to help with payments so that John could get a key so that we can get in there and try to resolve this mess. As I mentioned in the direct message, I sent you, if there’s any questions you may have or a gripe that I don’t quite understand that you have personally with me, feel free to ask privately or even here if you’d like it’s no problem. So I hope you’re clear on it, as mentioned from my first post here and the message I sent you. I have personal interests with clients and jobs as well as trying to help everyone involved as much as I can. Almost every person who is affected has reached out to me so until one of those people have something to back up all these negative comments I think those who are not involved with this situation, probably don’t know exactly what’s going on. I’m the only one who’s actively and financially pushing to move things in the right direction for everyone. this is about the current situation where people may have cars or engines stuck at EVOspec and need help resolving that. if I decide to help someone who’s down, that’s got nothing to do with my commitment to the community and clients. I just don’t understand your intentions.
Sam, I'm not sure why you think I have some vendetta. I live in the real estate world and its not common for someone to get the keys to something they aren't legally leasing... I'm asking common sense questions that someone would of beat me to if I didn't ask...
Old 09-01-2024, 04:00 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Did you get my private message that I sent you? As you know when there’s an eviction that means rent has not been paid. There’s a management company and legal team involved. So I offered to put up a cashiers check for whatever it would take to get Jon the keys. They agreed. So I handled that right away And I’m putting a team together to help manage everything going forward with John’s cooperation. Does that answer your question? Once again, I am not affiliated or in anyway on the lease or an owner. In fact, I was offered to be able to show proof of ownership and come in and grab everything. I even did the math on that. The best thing right now is to get in organize and decide what to do and I had to buy that time. Hope that clarifies it for you further. Like I said you seem to have started this thread because you care about the community. I’m in contact with six or seven people who are directly involved, but not through me, and all of my clients plus my property which is in there, of course.

So the only reason I’m saying anything here is because I was asked by you to chime in. I am already standing behind my clients. And then people started to reach out and so I’m continuing to help. This is why I tried to send you a message so there’s no misunderstandings, but I’m still just waiting for a reply. I’m just trying to keep this productive. Thank you.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 09-01-2024 at 04:07 PM.
RadarP3C (09-01-2024)
Old 09-01-2024, 06:35 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Did you get my private message that I sent you? As you know when there’s an eviction that means rent has not been paid. There’s a management company and legal team involved. So I offered to put up a cashiers check for whatever it would take to get Jon the keys. They agreed. So I handled that right away And I’m putting a team together to help manage everything going forward with John’s cooperation. Does that answer your question? Once again, I am not affiliated or in anyway on the lease or an owner. In fact, I was offered to be able to show proof of ownership and come in and grab everything. I even did the math on that. The best thing right now is to get in organize and decide what to do and I had to buy that time. Hope that clarifies it for you further. Like I said you seem to have started this thread because you care about the community. I’m in contact with six or seven people who are directly involved, but not through me, and all of my clients plus my property which is in there, of course.

So the only reason I’m saying anything here is because I was asked by you to chime in. I am already standing behind my clients. And then people started to reach out and so I’m continuing to help. This is why I tried to send you a message so there’s no misunderstandings, but I’m still just waiting for a reply. I’m just trying to keep this productive. Thank you.
Good lord dude you need to calm down. I was genuinely curious how you got access...
Old 09-01-2024, 07:12 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I’m calm. I’m just wondering why you didn’t respond so we could clear the air. I’m doing a lot more than just talking on here. But understood. My misunderstanding. Thank you. Have a great rest of your weekend.
RadarP3C (09-01-2024)
Old 09-02-2024, 03:23 AM
Ghost_VFA-22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For context, my project has been impacted by the situation at EVO-SPEC. Over the course of a couple years, and to this day, my interactions and dealings with Sam have been phenomenal. We have had full transparency from day one, where risk(s) were identified, bilaterally agreed upon, and all done in good faith with integrity. I have no doubt that Sam will spearhead the challenges and be the driving force behind a positive outcome for his clients and anyone else needing help in the community. Mitigating these challenges have a starting point, where Sam has initiated as discussed previously in this thread. Time is a valuable commodity; however, in this situation, time is the critical path and imperative. Regardless of the circumstances and/or differences people have, let’s work together, stay positive, and communicate solutions.
Old 09-02-2024, 03:38 AM
Ghost_VFA-22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For context, my project has been impacted by the situation at EVO-SPEC. Over the course of a couple years, and to this day, my interactions and dealings with Sam have been phenomenal. We have had full transparency from day one, where risk(s) were identified, bilaterally agreed upon, and all done in good faith with integrity. I have no doubt that Sam will spearhead the challenges and be the driving force behind a positive outcome for his clients and anyone else needing help in the community. Mitigating these challenges have a starting point, where Sam has initiated as discussed above. Time is a valuable commodity; however, in this situation, time is the critical path and imperative. Regardless of the circumstances and/or differences people have, let’s work together, stay positive, and communicate solutions.
Old 09-02-2024, 03:39 AM
Payam
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Good lord dude you need to calm down. I was genuinely curious how you got access...
You do understand that there's something called a telephone? I'm sure him and John figured out the best solution TOGETHER and reached out to the management company to set things straight to move forward.
Its pretty simple...
Old 09-02-2024, 09:47 AM
TurboSlipNot
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

If you work in RE then you know foreclosures on businesses which liquidate assets it cannot sell other peoples property without forfeiture of said property... That would violate the rights of the customers who had their kit there. If this was a meth lab and those motors were part of the criminal enterprise then sure the state could auction them off; but at worst this is fraud between private parties and the victims can't be held liable by way of forfeiture especially by a third private party tasked with recovering bank/lender losses. Nobody wants that headache and legal costs and its fairly common to work out arrangements with intermediary parties to reduce the administrative costs of liquidation.

​​​​​​Reading through this thread it sounds like folks are holding on to some sour grapes about sunk cost which raises the question of "how financially responsible are people who gamble money they can't afford to lose?" The decision to go off spec is a personal one and like any personal decision the person making it bears responsibility for doing the relevant research, establishing safeguards, and handling outcomes. I got burned for a new transmission and ton of rmedial work by AIM refusing to support a car I bought from their customer (after they left a loose differential in his housing without telling him or wavetrac that it wouldn't secure and locked out the ECU). That's on me, I bought it for Emres craftwork and I knew I was risking their fingerprints costing me having seen what they do at the track. If Porsche dealers closed on you and made you have to recover your engines would you also be accusing all of their partners and vendors of colluding against you in some vast conspiracy or own the fact that you chose the wrong dealer?
Old 09-02-2024, 09:56 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboSlipNot
If you work in RE then you know foreclosures on businesses which liquidate assets it cannot sell other peoples property without forfeiture of said property... That would violate the rights of the customers who had their kit there. If this was a meth lab and those motors were part of the criminal enterprise then sure the state could auction them off; but at worst this is fraud between private parties and the victims can't be held liable by way of forfeiture especially by a third private party tasked with recovering bank/lender losses. Nobody wants that headache and legal costs and its fairly common to work out arrangements with intermediary parties to reduce the administrative costs of liquidation.

​​​​​​Reading through this thread it sounds like folks are holding on to some sour grapes about sunk cost which raises the question of "how financially responsible are people who gamble money they can't afford to lose?" The decision to go off spec is a personal one and like any personal decision the person making it bears responsibility for doing the relevant research, establishing safeguards, and handling outcomes. I got burned for a new transmission and ton of rmedial work by AIM refusing to support a car I bought from their customer (after they left a loose differential in his housing without telling him or wavetrac that it wouldn't secure and locked out the ECU). That's on me, I bought it for Emres craftwork and I knew I was risking their fingerprints costing me having seen what they do at the track. If Porsche dealers closed on you and made you have to recover your engines would you also be accusing all of their partners and vendors of colluding against you in some vast conspiracy or own the fact that you chose the wrong dealer?
Yes and this was exactly why I asked. It's funny how certain people continue to get screwed over by John at Evo and I've been telling people for years to stay away. It's like women who get beat by their husband but stick around..... I hope the best for everyone in this situation but perhaps we can learn in the future where there is smoke there is fire from certain vendors on here........
Old 09-02-2024, 11:38 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 268 Likes on 162 Posts

Yes and this was exactly why I asked. It's funny how certain people continue to get screwed over by John at Evo and I've been telling people for years to stay away. It's like women who get beat by their husband but stick around..... I hope the best for everyone in this situation but perhaps we can learn in the future where there is smoke there is fire from certain vendors on here........
I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but all you're doing is causing further angst for those who are currently in limbo waiting to be made whole... Perhaps dialing it down a notch would be more beneficial for those affected.
Old 09-02-2024, 11:48 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but all you're doing is causing further angst for those who are currently in limbo waiting to be made whole... Perhaps dialing it down a notch would be more beneficial for those affected.
All I did is ask how Sam got the keys and everyone starts crying. Goodness, some of you need a reality check.
Old 09-02-2024, 02:04 PM
TurboSlipNot
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I've spent the last 20y in various levels of tuners, builds, or magic unicorn projects and did not have the resources i do now to pursue these endeavors. I know its anxiety provoking the first few times builds derail in seemingly apocalyptic ways, especially with this much loot on the deck. While this stuff can take some time to sort out, people are adaptive and generally figure out how to turn lemons into lemonade to avoid armies of lawyers taking everyone's everything in the end. To some degree you get thicker skin over time along with figuring out how to hedge and make contingency plans better; but its actually not that common for these things to end in a total write-off given that there are enough engineers/wrenches out there passionate about the work and build products of these efforts who are good enough at business to stay above board or actually turn an honest profit.

Last edited by TurboSlipNot; 09-02-2024 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2024, 02:49 PM
superslighty
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto to Ghost's message.

Appreciate Sam's communication and progress made despite the circumstances. At the end of the day we are human here. **** can go slideways and it's how we handle it that matters.
Would we all not rather see success from ashes?

Last edited by superslighty; 09-03-2024 at 02:57 PM.
charlierogers (09-04-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 03:48 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Appreciate you guys seeing what I’m trying to do. Zero affiliation except being a client of this vendor and trying to help everyone in the process. We should see some progress and I’m in communication with everyone who is involved and matters.
The following 2 users liked this post by SamboTT@ByDesign:
charlierogers (09-04-2024), LQQK (09-04-2024)

Quick Reply: John@EvoSpec Closed?