Sponsored by: Road Spy

JB4 | 991.1 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 03:16 AM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by KONG991TT
I Literally read your thread and put the order in. Service was excellent as always and I can’t wait to get this thing installed. I have 93 octane available here so I’m anxious to try map 3 on my otherwise stock non-S.

I’d love to see a JB4 non-S dyno chart compared to a stock S.
Thanks man, I've been super swamped today but I got your order here and ready. It's going out tomorrow and you'll get an email with updated tracking

Originally Posted by NavM
I installed JB4 last Friday and I'm also truly impressed. I also connected the optional OBD2 connector which was surprisingly easy. I will provide more details of the installation and my first impression, hopefully later this week. I'm on the east coast and use 93 octane, so I went straight to map 3 and the car runs perfectly fine once it adapted to the extra boost. I've had no issues with launch control, 2nd or 3rd gear pulls whatsoever. I started experimenting with map 4 today using E30 blend as recommended by BMS (no CPI kit). I feel like the car is still trying to adapt but it sure makes serious power compared to map 3. I'm now spinning in 2nd gear WOT. In fact, this was the first time traction control kicked in 8 months of ownership. Kudos to BMS.
Hi Navid,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy that you're loving the JB4 system and the new added power. Since you have 93 octane, you can do less than e30 blend to relieve the system because you have higher octane to compensate. Send me some logs on map 4 so I can check it out.
I want to make sure the fuel trims aren't maxed out.

-Payam
The following users liked this post:
Todd Leichtfuss (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 06:23 AM
991ttpines
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
Thanks man, I've been super swamped today but I got your order here and ready. It's going out tomorrow and you'll get an email with updated tracking

Hi Navid,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy that you're loving the JB4 system and the new added power. Since you have 93 octane, you can do less than e30 blend to relieve the system because you have higher octane to compensate. Send me some logs on map 4 so I can check it out.

-Payam
I am currently running catless with tubi exhaust on Cobb stage 2 ots tune. Car runs great but I would love to see if my setup could make more power with a jb4 stage 4 map using 93 octane and ethanol mix.
Very interested in Navids map 4 results with the ethanol blend. What blend would you recommend for those on the east coast with 93 octane for map 4?
Old 07-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Todd Leichtfuss
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed JB4 last Friday and I'm also truly impressed. I also connected the optional OBD2 connector which was surprisingly easy. I will provide more details of the installation and my first impression, hopefully later this week. I'm on the east coast and use 93 octane, so I went straight to map 3 and the car runs perfectly fine once it adapted to the extra boost. I've had no issues with launch control, 2nd or 3rd gear pulls whatsoever. I started experimenting with map 4 today using E30 blend as recommended by BMS (no CPI kit). I feel like the car is still trying to adapt but it sure makes serious power compared to map 3. I'm now spinning in 2nd gear WOT. In fact, this was the first time traction control kicked in 8 months of ownership. Kudos to BMS.
Yeah, these cars are truly easy to work on. For those of you debating the difficulty please trust that Porsche Engineering has thought of everything when it comes to service maintenance and assembly.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Todd Leichtfuss
Track Day

Talking

I Literally read your thread and put the order in. Service was excellent as always and I can’t wait to get this thing installed. I have 93 octane available here so I’m anxious to try map 3 on my otherwise stock non-S.

I’d love to see a JB4 non-S dyno chart compared to a stock S.
Anyone know of a somewhat local dyno to Ventura CA? I'm willing to take mine out to get it tested
Old 07-02-2019, 12:32 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Leichtfuss
Anyone know of a somewhat local dyno to Ventura CA? I'm willing to take mine out to get it tested
http://www.dynojet.com/dynocenters/d...o-centers.aspx

Look for an AWD
Old 07-02-2019, 02:46 PM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

You have to get a before and after to be accurate so you got a disconnect with Jb4. I get the Dino and then Dino it after With the JB4
Old 07-02-2019, 03:01 PM
Todd Leichtfuss
Track Day

Originally Posted by mikerosi
You have to get a before and after to be accurate so you got a disconnect with Jb4. I get the Dino and then Dino it after With the JB4
Check out the JB4 Map Guide. I can set to map0 for stock baseline testing.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:07 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 991ttpines
I am currently running catless with tubi exhaust on Cobb stage 2 ots tune. Car runs great but I would love to see if my setup could make more power with a jb4 stage 4 map using 93 octane and ethanol mix.
Very interested in Navids map 4 results with the ethanol blend. What blend would you recommend for those on the east coast with 93 octane for map 4?
Hi! For people who are flashed it will raise boost over your flash target. So usually we'd start with map 0 and evaluate how much more you can push it. Usually something like Map 2 stacked on a cobb flash will yield something like our Map 5.

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
You need to make sure it's linked. That dynojet list is so old, half the shops are non existent lol.
I drove all the way to Weistec in Anaheim just to get a dyno. Good 2 hour drive each way for me

Originally Posted by mikerosi
No need! Map 0 does the same thing and you can log it!

-Payam
Old 07-02-2019, 03:55 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 92 Posts

Yes and no, yes I broke traction during launch control at all 4 wheel. No I did not do a full 360 because I let off the gas before I went all the way around. 🤣
Sounds like you have the stock pirelli's . Theres no reason it should be spinning that much, high 2's 0-60 and a trap of 123 is definitely not power but a lack of traction as thats what a stock car does. In general I'd say a 60-130 is a better test for this to show gains.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:01 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by arkadyzv
Sounds like you have the stock pirelli's . Theres no reason it should be spinning that much, high 2's 0-60 and a trap of 123 is definitely not power but a lack of traction as thats what a stock car does. In general I'd say a 60-130 is a better test for this to show gains.
I agree, but it depends on what his stock traps and times are to compare an actual delta.

-Payam
Old 07-02-2019, 04:40 PM
NavM
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS

Hi Navid,

-Payam
Thanks Payam. I am back on map 3. I emailed you the only decent log I could get on map 4 but I'll give it another try. Next fill up, I'll try E20 on map 4.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:46 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Thanks Payam. I am back on map 3. I emailed you the only decent log I could get on map 4 but I'll give it another try. Next fill up, I'll try E20 on map 4.
Great looking log! Car looks like it must be flying right now. Replied to the email

-Payam
Old 07-02-2019, 04:59 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 172 Posts

Nav,
I noticed you're in the DC area. Where are you finding E20 at?
Old 07-02-2019, 05:03 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Nav,
Hey Kenny, he's just blending 3-5 gallons of e85 and filling the rest up with 93 pump.

Use this calculator to determine your mixes. We have a 18 gallon tank.

http://www.georgebelton.com/E85Calculator.php

-Payam
The following 2 users liked this post by BMS:
KONG991TT (07-02-2019), Todd Leichtfuss (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 05:13 PM
NavM
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Nav,
Yes, I'm blending E85 with 93 pump. I'm Bethesda so not far from you. Try Sunoco in Cabin John Plaza. They have E85 and should be close to you.
The following 2 users liked this post by NavM:
KONG991TT (07-02-2019), Todd Leichtfuss (07-02-2019)

Quick Reply: JB4 | 991.1 turbo