Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Antigravity Battery H6 - 24Ah for the win!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 08:19 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Antigravity Battery H6 - 24Ah for the win!

Hi guys,

Would like to give a special thanks to Scott and his team from Antigravity for their second to none customer service and passion for the automotive industry. We first started this journey with the RS-30 battery and have now evolved to the state of the art H6-24Ah with the remote re-start feature. At only 9.8 lbs. with no bracket or base needed, the H6 is a must for every Porsche enthusiast. They also offer a Bluetooth device that attaches (lol, I weighed it...it only weighs several ounces) to the battery, you then download the app to your smartphone and you are able to monitor your battery and it’s behavior. Below are some pictures of the actual battery, the battery installed on the car and screenshots of the monitoring through the smartphone. This is a simple install that can be done with common tools.

Again, thank you to Scott and his team, you guys rock!!!

Regards,

Manuel
Old 04-06-2019, 10:09 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice! Superlight!

I installed the 40Ah on my car today! Very nice product indeed. I couldn't believe the beast of a factory battery that I had! 59.5 lbs!!!
Old 04-06-2019, 10:53 PM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 277 Likes on 174 Posts

And the battery tracker will work with my Braille? I'm ordering it now. (Update: ordered!)
Old 04-06-2019, 10:56 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Randyc151
And the battery tracker will work with my Braille? I'm ordering it now. (Update: ordered!)
Hi Randy,

I assume, it should!
Old 04-07-2019, 09:39 AM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 109 Posts

It will. Also for those of us who haven't gone to lithium, there are both lithium and lead acid battery trackers. I have been using the lead acid version with my OEM Porsche battery. Very useful device which provides a ton of insight. I'm sure it's even more useful given the reduced Amp Hours of a lithium battery.

Last edited by stealthpilot; 04-07-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,051 Likes on 592 Posts

And the battery tracker will work with my Braille?
Appreciate the props Manuel!

Randy... in case you didn't catch it from Stealth... There is a Lead and Lithium Version of the Battery Trackers..... if I remember you had the Braille Lithium, and yes the lithium version will work perfect with any brands of Lithium Batteries for Vehicles.

Also wanted to bring up a cool feature.... As you can see on the history graph that I show below... it shows the historical graph (1 day of the 31 days tracked) of the battery sitting during that day... This graph is for a new Model 3 Tesla I just bought that I have a Battery Tracker on. I'm monitoring how the 30Ah Lead/Acid battery that comes in the Tesla (yes they have a Lead/Acid Battery in them) because we are going to make a Lithium replacement since people are starting to Track their Teslas. Anyway you can see the dramatic and odd way the Tesla is charging it's own Lead/Acid Battery.

But what I wanted to point out was if you put your finger on the screen on the Historical Graph and slide it left or right you get a red line that pops up and you can see the exact voltage at any time in the day (2 minutes increments). For example at 0 hour (12:01 of April 6th, yesterday) the Tesla has about 12.8v... but then I slide my finger to the SPIKE in voltage and I see that at 8:41 a.m. the voltage spiked to 14.9v when the Tesla is Charging it's Lead/Acid Battery... then it goes on spiking up and down over the next ten hours. So with that I can get an idea of how the Tesla is charging its lead/acid battery and how. So for me that is really good data in learning to see what a lithium battery for the Tesla would be getting subject to. Nothing is going over 15v which is good but it just spikes and is not following the typical charging I would normally see from an Alternator in an ICE Car.

In you cars and the typical car it won't be as dramatic, but this documents what is going on with charging and voltage at the battery. You will see in Manuel's image above the voltage is just mildly drifting down and that he did not start the car or do anything. But this is an example of how you see how the Battery Tracker can be useful to see what your battery and charging system are doing. But this data will also show all the starts and driving you do, and you can see that because the voltage will be going up and down when you do any starting or stopping. So you could actually look back up to 31 days and see when exactly you drove the Car or exactly how many days and hours your car has been in storage... because you will see a flat line for weeks at a time if you have it in storage with maybe a slight declining voltage showing, but if you have something drawing down the battery fast you can see that also as the slope going down faster..

So its cool stuff IF you need or like that info. But I have had some people in some other forums (which I won't name) say it totally stupid to need to track your battery voltage and get it on your phone when you can just put the car on a Battery Charger and not worry about it.... But most car enthusiasts understand its uses.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:40 AM
heel&toe
5th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default 24 Ah feedback

Hey Manuel, Just wanted to check-in and see how your experience with the 24 Ah battery has been going. Based on my use (daily driver, mostly temperate climate, no 3rd party accessories to add to parasitic draw) it seems like the 24 Ah would be totally adequate, but they are trying to talk me out of it via email—"We strongly recommend going with a higher capacity battery, at least the 30 Ah."

They way I see it, if a 24 is going to do all I need, then there is no reason to pay extra and take extra weight to go up to 30 Ah.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-03-2019, 04:36 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by heel&toe
Hey Manuel, Just wanted to check-in and see how your experience with the 24 Ah battery has been going. Based on my use (daily driver, mostly temperate climate, no 3rd party accessories to add to parasitic draw) it seems like the 24 Ah would be totally adequate, but they are trying to talk me out of it via email—"We strongly recommend going with a higher capacity battery, at least the 30 Ah."

They way I see it, if a 24 is going to do all I need, then there is no reason to pay extra and take extra weight to go up to 30 Ah.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I love it and have not had any issues with it, also have a front and rear 4k Blackvue dashcam...I do have the charger on it when I am not using the car, that is the only thing that I would tell you to do so you do not have any issues.

Agreed!

Manuel
Old 07-03-2019, 04:43 PM
heel&toe
5th Gear

Great to hear. Thanks for the update! To clarify, when you say “I do have the charger on it when I am not using the car” does that mean you plug it in every night, or only when you aren’t using it for a week or a few weeks, or?
Old 07-03-2019, 04:50 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Great to hear. Thanks for the update! To clarify, when you say “I do have the charger on it when I am not using the car” does that mean you plug it in every night, or only when you aren’t using it for a week or a few weeks, or?
Hi,

The Porsche is not my daily driver, so when I am not using the car the charger is on. To further clarify, I would still use the charger overnight just in case, although for the 1/2mi events that are normally 3-4 days (transport and racing days) I never use the charger...lights are off, radio is off, and the WIFI for the dashcam is off.

Regards,

Manuel
Old 07-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,051 Likes on 592 Posts

Thanks in advance!

Now about a 24Ah in general... and just to clarify a bit. Manuel is doing racing and is really diligent...as I'm sure many of you are... but that is what is required. So yes people who are diligent about their cars and drive them, monitor them, and are engaged can use 24Ah. But as a the owner of the company, I want home runs and people being stoked on the product and NOT having to think about it. And with the 24Ah I'm always a bit wary just because a Turbo does have a higher parasitic draw than a GT3, it has more electronics. Power seats, and other little things that might create a higher draw on the battery. So I don't like to hear anybody say.... "you said a 24Ah is fine in my car" then say they stored the car a month and came back to it and it was dead. Of course they could easily RE-START the car with our batteries built- in Jump Starting, but they will still say the battery did not sit long in the Car. So we have to be very conservative in any suggestions we make. So with Street Cars, some have Cameras, USB Charging Devices, after market stereos , radar detectors and such. And the first thing they will blame if there is no power is the BATTERY.... So trust me I'm not trying to up-sell. I'm just being realistic for the average driver... but if you are a Car Guy who's intimate with your Car, and understand about the lower capacity the 24Ah will work fine... with the caveat that you should not have any extra accessories.

Last we are having a 4th of July sale for 15% off Auto Batteries.... which we automatically extended to those who were on the recent waiting list, or back ordered.

30Ah and 40Ah came in yesterday afternoon.... We start shipping next Monday since we are closed from tomorrow (4th of july) through the weekend...

Last edited by Antigravity; 07-05-2019 at 03:16 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Antigravity:
BOOSTED TTS (07-03-2019), heel&toe (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 06:13 PM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 277 Likes on 174 Posts

My Braille is 25Ah, and the car often sits for a couple of weeks between starts or drives with no issues. I unplug my AIM solo/cam when the car is going to sit overnight, and the car always fires right up. The AG Battery Tracker shows me what's up with the battery, and I don't feel the need to constantly charge it anymore, like I once felt. The AG 24Ah is probably fine, but I don't blame Scott for trying to be cautionary. As I've said before, if I am going to replace my Braille or need another battery, I'm going to buy the 30Ah AG battery next time.
The following users liked this post:
heel&toe (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 08:10 PM
heel&toe
5th Gear

Aweomse, thanks to everyone for such thorough replies. I totally understand Scott's position running the business—you always want to under promise and over deliver. Given the anecdotal evidence I've seen on here, and my very set and consistent use, I think a 24Ah will work perfectly for me, and I'll buy one with the understanding that I'm living a bit on the edge and it's up to me to stay on top of things to ensure smooth operating, so to speak. Thanks again and I'll follow up here in 6 months or so to share my experiences with this set up in a daily driver.

Quick Reply: Antigravity Battery H6 - 24Ah for the win!