Rear seat elimination?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 02:32 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Rear seat elimination?

Hey all,
Does anyone know if there is a kit out there that will eliminated the rear seats cleanly?
Honestly I dont know why there is seats back there.... so I figured why not remove them and save a little weight....
Old 07-04-2019, 03:07 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 703 Likes on 513 Posts

Are you tracking for time or better auto-crossing? Personally, Don't think it is worth the cost, effort or for resale value? To each there own though if you want it. There was a conversion to GT3 rear compartment picture in RL somewhere...

Maybe other ways to save on weight...battery, exhaust, wheels, frunk...
The following users liked this post:
KONG991TT (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 05:02 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Hey all,
Does anyone know if there is a kit out there that will eliminated the rear seats cleanly?
Honestly I dont know why there is seats back there.... so I figured why not remove them and save a little weight....
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...ss-plan-5.html

Posts 72 to 77
Old 07-04-2019, 05:21 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Are you tracking for time or better auto-crossing? Personally, Don't think it is worth the cost, effort or for resale value? To each there own though if you want it. There was a conversion to GT3 rear compartment picture in RL somewhere...

+1
the only reason to seats out is for track and roll bar. otherwise what is point. i find the rear seats a great emergency passenger seat....so much more functional thaN my 991 gt3 was. i say leave it unless creating track beast.
KONG991TT (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 05:34 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 170 Posts

I removed the rear seats yesterday not for weight saving reasons but to make sure my sure my favorite co-pilot was a little more comfortable

I will say, I’m getting a little more of the flat 6 soundtrack coming through the cabin now. Might have saved 30 lbs by removing the rear seats?

Old 07-04-2019, 05:52 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis

- I am kind of the idea that if you dont use it, why have it. it isnt so much for track, just for me. as for weight savings, its more of a bonus... not a reason

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
- let it to you to always come up with great answers :-P
thanks
how much does one of those kits cost? where can i get one?

Originally Posted by lowpue
+1
the only reason to seats out is for track and roll bar. otherwise what is point. i find the rear seats a great emergency passenger seat....so much more functional thaN my 991 gt3 was. i say leave it unless creating track beast.
- to me it is a useless thing. i mean there is literally zero leg room.... so unless you have a kid like Kong991TT.... which I dont... to me it becomes something that I have to worry about scuffing or whatever... even my mechanic was like why the hell these things have a back seat is beyond me

Originally Posted by KONG991TT
I removed the rear seats yesterday not for weight saving reasons but to make sure my sure my favorite co-pilot was a little more comfortable

I will say, I’m getting a little more of the flat 6 soundtrack coming through the cabin now. Might have saved 30 lbs by removing the rear seats?
- nicely done... are you just leaving it apart?
Old 07-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

This is what I did with my rear seats, and covered up the main exposed metal pieces with black duct tape. I bet the weight savings was probably less than 20 pounds, but I stuck with it anyway for several years. Those fake seats just **** me off, honestly. So glad my newest 911 does not have them!
KONG991TT (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 06:32 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 170 Posts

@Jsbihn - Yeah gonna leave it like this for now. The big point for me was so that the Baby seat sat lower and had more room to recline. Sitting too far upright is dangerous for children and didn't want to take any chances.
Now if we could ball out like our boy Randy with his GT2 Weissach, that would be the idea situation
Old 07-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

@Jsbihn - Yeah gonna leave it like this for now. The big point for me was so that the Baby seat sat lower and had more room to recline. Sitting too far upright is dangerous for children and didn't want to take any chances.
Now if we could ball out like our boy Randy with his GT2 Weissach, that would be the idea situation
I got it primarily for the deleted rear seats!
Old 07-04-2019, 08:49 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

I totally get Kong on why he did it but i am surprised how many folks think the rear seats are useless. I pretty regularly put in 3 teenagers in my car i have to move front seats forward so granted we are not that comfortable but they always choose that mode of travel rather than one of my sedans. In fact, when i had my gt3, we always used my C4S because of back seats. Their heads are hitting the rear glass bit they dont care. My huracan gets used less for same reason. Bottom line, Teenagers dont care about comfort.😁

Quick Reply: Rear seat elimination?