Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 01:43 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help/advice with build please

Looking at building a cab 2019.
Never had a black TTS before
Have had arctic silver-black int, rhodium silver-pebble/agate interior, white-black interior, chalk-black interior, and carmine-black interior

so to do something to mix it up a bit I thought id do a jet black car, not metallic black
and instead of black inside or Bordeaux/black inside
id do ALL Bordeaux with black inserts on the seats, and do alcantara steering wheel, shifter, sun visors, and center compartment. Leaving vents, and all gauges, seat belts black to use black as THE accent color....leaving the carbon as the trim (I played around changing the carbon to exterior color painted but it was too glossy and the trim to leather added more red and it needs the accent of black).
Has anyone seen this in person every done?

In my opinion looking at the configurator not looking at it in real life it looks KILLER
The GT2 RS uses a lot of bordeux and mixes up the seat a bit. it seems very racy!

Here is the build configurator code
All serious input very welcomed
thanks in advance
Porsche configurator code is
pk6iyj62

Old 05-21-2018, 10:28 AM
ramboambo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2017 TTS Metallic Black/Bourdeau

Here’s a look at mine, which has some similarities to what you are trying to do.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:00 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

Love the red interior, your car is sweet.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 277 Likes on 174 Posts

Beautiful build. May want to consider checking if the side air intake in gloss black is the same "black" as the rest of the paint, or else change it to painted to match exterior color - same price. Also, I really like alcantera inserts in the seats. May want to see if you can do the center inserts in black alcantera instead of black leather. Alcantera is much more comfy, especially in a cabriolet. Otherwise, you have my esteemed approval!
Old 05-21-2018, 10:10 PM
Gjon777
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 21 Posts

I think the black accents on the red will look awesome every time you drive the car!
Old 05-22-2018, 12:41 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,092 Posts

All-red interiors look great from the outside (if matched correctly with exterior color) however, from the inside, not-so-much. There will be significant reflection of the red dash onto the windshield. If you look closely at the configurator after you select this interior you should see a disclaimer on this topic.

That disclaimer is the result of a class-action lawsuit Porsche lost.

My wife's 991S has the blue leather interior and even with that pretty-dark color the reflection in the windshield is noticeable and can be distracting in certain lighting situations.

On the other hand my 991TT with the black/red interior has no noticeable dash reflection.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
All-red interiors look great from the outside (if matched correctly with exterior color) however, from the inside, not-so-much. There will be significant reflection of the red dash onto the windshield. If you look closely at the configurator after you select this interior you should see a disclaimer on this topic.

That disclaimer is the result of a class-action lawsuit Porsche lost.

My wife's 991S has the blue leather interior and even with that pretty-dark color the reflection in the windshield is noticeable and can be distracting in certain lighting situations.

On the other hand my 991TT with the black/red interior has no noticeable dash reflection.
I agree with this. It looks much classier as well. All bordeaux interior has more of a Las Vegas strip joint feel.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:51 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Default Interior

thank you for feed back
i think I’ll go black/Bordeaux and see if I ca. Do alcantara incerts on a red seat

now to decide if I’m going to do coupe or cab
Old 05-23-2018, 02:00 AM
baracat
Instructor

Old 05-23-2018, 02:09 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Or, without the CF bits:
Old 05-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
thank you for feed back
i think I’ll go black/Bordeaux and see if I ca. Do alcantara incerts on a red seat

now to decide if I’m going to do coupe or cab
I have the coupe, but I take it to the track as well. If you are not planning to track your car, the cabriolet is basically a coupe with a removable roof. The quality is incredibly good. Only downside is that you do not have the wonderful all-around view the coupe offers. The rear window is small and the dead corners are considerable. But if I would only use my car for street driving, I would definitely have opted for the cabriolet.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:30 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Or, without the CF bits:
Classy! Real color is more like the first 3 pictures and not as red as in this picture.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:24 PM
welder.mark
Advanced

Baracat, Bad-A$$ looking!!
Old 05-23-2018, 07:11 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cargt63
Classy! Real color is more like the first 3 pictures and not as red as in this picture.
Depends upon what you mean by “Real.” I didn’t pluck that from teh int3rw3bz and ‘chop it

991.2s get Bordeaux Red with the Black/Red interior. 991.1s got Garnet Red which is brighter.

One thing I wish I’d done, but didn’t know about at the time was to spec Black/Garnet in Natural Leather as an LTS. It was on the already-approved list as if a couple of years ago. I’d bet Black/Bordeaux is too.

The next Porsche I order will very likely have Natural Leather; it’s much better.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:57 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Depends upon what you mean by “Real.” I didn’t pluck that from teh int3rw3bz and ‘chop it

991.2s get Bordeaux Red with the Black/Red interior. 991.1s got Garnet Red which is brighter.

One thing I wish I’d done, but didn’t know about at the time was to spec Black/Garnet in Natural Leather as an LTS. It was on the already-approved list as if a couple of years ago. I’d bet Black/Bordeaux is too.

The next Porsche I order will very likely have Natural Leather; it’s much better.
I merely pointed out that bordeaux for the 991.2 is nothing like the red in that picture. I just wanted him not to be confused since there was no caption.

Quick Reply: Need help/advice with build please