Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

StopTech Sport Pads for 991 Turbo with Iron Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 11:35 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Default StopTech Sport Pads for 991 Turbo with Iron Rotors?

Alas, my favorite street pad, the StopTech Sport, is not made in sizes and shapes to fit iron rotor-equipped 991 turbos. But if we like the pad enough to make customer inquiries to Dave Zeckhausen, he will pass our inquiries along to StopTech. If they get enough inquiries, they might make the pad for our cars. email him at info@zeckhausen.com

Why do I like these pads? Good initial bite, even when cold, moderate dust, and high enough MOT for light to medium track duty, while also being quiet for the street. These are the pads included in StopTech big brake kits. Alternatives if they don't put them into production in time for when my current pads need replacement are Ferodo DS2500 and Porterfield R4-S. The Ferodos have more noise but better performance. The Porterfields are said to perform less well than the StopTechs, but are quiet and also good for light to medium track. The Ferodos are pricey, and the Porterfields less so. Based on pricing for other cars, the StopTechs would be a better deal if they were available. Since I daily drive my car, I probably will go with the R4-S if I can't get StopTechs.

Quick Reply: StopTech Sport Pads for 991 Turbo with Iron Rotors?