Final Turbo Order is in and Locked!!! - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Final Turbo Order is in and Locked!!!

Old 08-30-2017, 09:26 AM
  #1  
triplekg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 272
Default Final Turbo Order is in and Locked!!!

Ive made a color post and an official but unofficial order thread but this is it.

I signed the papers last night and handed in my early trade in (2017 Corvette Z06 which was an AMAZING car)

I wanted a lava orange the first time I saw it and pulled the trigger:

PJFIQBX3

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJFIQBX3

I went:

Black Painted Rims (Not happy Rims aren't ALL Black, Will have them painted or powder coated when they arrived)

Lava Orange
Black Headlights
Tinted Tailights
Glass Roof
Side Skirts Painted
Rear Facia Painted
Sport Design Mirrors
Black Door Handles
Lane CHange Assist
Heated Seats
Smoking Package
Luggage Net
Crest on Headrest
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

And now we wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images  
triplekg is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:32 AM
  #2  
KWP1911
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 242
Default

Beautimous even if orange isn't for me.

Question: why pay $1800 for the black wheels if you're only going to spend more money to have them painted or powder coated anyway?
KWP1911 is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:37 AM
  #3  
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member
 
Dennis C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Evergreen, Colorado
Posts: 13,936
Default

Congrats. Looking forward to seeking delivery pics.
Dennis C is online now  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:39 AM
  #4  
72offsuit
User
 
72offsuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 244
Default

Congrats, how long of a wait?
72offsuit is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:48 AM
  #5  
triplekg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 272
Default

Originally Posted by KWP1911 View Post
Beautimous even if orange isn't for me.

Question: why pay $1800 for the black wheels if you're only going to spend more money to have them painted or powder coated anyway?
Dealer said I might change my mind once I see them and they look great from the factory with Black Painted inserts.

I was debating that as well but Ill give it a shot before I have somebody power coat Rims on a 200k car!
triplekg is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:49 AM
  #6  
triplekg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 272
Default

Car should be Delivered Late December or Early Jan
triplekg is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 11:29 AM
  #7  
Rocket_boy
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 462
Default

Looks sweet,....if you don't mind me asking what % discount??
Rocket_boy is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 11:34 AM
  #8  
Loft23
User
 
Loft23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 126
Default

Congrats, I'm jelly. Maybe one day I can justify or "afford" spending $200k+ on a car without feeling financial guilt.
Loft23 is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:23 PM
  #9  
JW1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JW1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Rockland County, NY
Posts: 391
Default

I agree with KWP1911. You shouldn't pay the $1800 for the half painted wheel option from the factory. Getting the wheels powdercoated should only take a day and cost about $1K if the dealer sends it off for you or around $500 if you take it in yourself.

Have you seen a lava orange 911 with black sports classic wheels or black Carrera Sport wheels in person? Looks pretty nice and I would probably take one of those over the turbo wheels if you want it black from the factory. I actually ordered my TTS with the turbo wheels and had the dealer powder coat it glossy black. Haven't picked them back up yet though so I don't really know how it looks right now. But when I first saw the car with the silver wheels, it was still stunning. All 911's look good in person with whatever color wheels. However, having a completely black wheel really pushes it over the top and makes it look even better. I think your SA is right that you will be happy with the wheels partially painted when you see it in person but I think you will be even happier with them completely painted. Not to mention that it would cost less to do the powdercoating also.

John
JW1 is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 06:45 PM
  #10  
kevinrubin
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
kevinrubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corona del Mar, CA
Posts: 355
Default

Beautiful car and great choices! Enjoy!
kevinrubin is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 PM
  #11  
JD911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JD911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 391
Default

Congratulations! And the waiting begins.
JD911 is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:34 PM
  #12  
AviBen
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
AviBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 203
Default

Beautiful. Just a few minutes ago, a Targa with exactly your combo of color and wheels passed by me on the other side of the road. I thought of you -- beautiful! I agree with your strategy of seeing the wheels in person before you have them modified. When I first got my orange vette, I felt determined to change out or paint the wheels to flat black, but having them on my car as they were (chrome, of all things!) I realized I liked how they looked and never looked back.
AviBen is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:40 PM
  #13  
DJ23
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
DJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,118
Default

Congratulations. I have not entered the build stage but very soon. Great looking car. See if your rep can have the wheels painted when your car arrives. My rep is having mine done for $800 glossy black. See what they can do.

Good luck on the wait.

Jay
DJ23 is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:42 PM
  #14  
triplekg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 272
Default

Originally Posted by DJ23 View Post
Congratulations. I have not entered the build stage but very soon. Great looking car. See if your rep can have the wheels painted when your car arrives. My rep is having mine done for $800 glossy black. See what they can do.

Good luck on the wait.

Jay
I would love the see the pics when you get it back!
triplekg is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:43 PM
  #15  
triplekg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 272
Default

Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
I agree with KWP1911. You shouldn't pay the $1800 for the half painted wheel option from the factory. Getting the wheels powdercoated should only take a day and cost about $1K if the dealer sends it off for you or around $500 if you take it in yourself.

Have you seen a lava orange 911 with black sports classic wheels or black Carrera Sport wheels in person? Looks pretty nice and I would probably take one of those over the turbo wheels if you want it black from the factory. I actually ordered my TTS with the turbo wheels and had the dealer powder coat it glossy black. Haven't picked them back up yet though so I don't really know how it looks right now. But when I first saw the car with the silver wheels, it was still stunning. All 911's look good in person with whatever color wheels. However, having a completely black wheel really pushes it over the top and makes it look even better. I think your SA is right that you will be happy with the wheels partially painted when you see it in person but I think you will be even happier with them completely painted. Not to mention that it would cost less to do the powdercoating also.

John
love to see pics as well!
triplekg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Final Turbo Order is in and Locked!!!


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: