Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Final Turbo Order is in and Locked!!! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1022925-final-turbo-order-is-in-and-locked.html)

triplekg 08-30-2017 09:26 AM

Final Turbo Order is in and Locked!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Ive made a color post and an official but unofficial order thread but this is it.

I signed the papers last night and handed in my early trade in (2017 Corvette Z06 which was an AMAZING car)

I wanted a lava orange the first time I saw it and pulled the trigger:

PJFIQBX3

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJFIQBX3

I went:

Black Painted Rims (Not happy Rims aren't ALL Black, Will have them painted or powder coated when they arrived)

Lava Orange
Black Headlights
Tinted Tailights
Glass Roof
Side Skirts Painted
Rear Facia Painted
Sport Design Mirrors
Black Door Handles
Lane CHange Assist
Heated Seats
Smoking Package
Luggage Net
Crest on Headrest
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

And now we wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KWP1911 08-30-2017 09:32 AM

Beautimous even if orange isn't for me.

Question: why pay $1800 for the black wheels if you're only going to spend more money to have them painted or powder coated anyway?

Dennis C 08-30-2017 09:37 AM

Congrats. Looking forward to seeking delivery pics.

72offsuit 08-30-2017 09:39 AM

Congrats, how long of a wait?

triplekg 08-30-2017 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by KWP1911 (Post 14444381)
Beautimous even if orange isn't for me.

Question: why pay $1800 for the black wheels if you're only going to spend more money to have them painted or powder coated anyway?

Dealer said I might change my mind once I see them and they look great from the factory with Black Painted inserts.

I was debating that as well but Ill give it a shot before I have somebody power coat Rims on a 200k car!

triplekg 08-30-2017 09:49 AM

Car should be Delivered Late December or Early Jan

Rocket_boy 08-30-2017 11:29 AM

Looks sweet,....if you don't mind me asking what % discount??

Loft23 08-30-2017 11:34 AM

Congrats, I'm jelly. Maybe one day I can justify or "afford" spending $200k+ on a car without feeling financial guilt.

JW1 08-30-2017 05:23 PM

I agree with KWP1911. You shouldn't pay the $1800 for the half painted wheel option from the factory. Getting the wheels powdercoated should only take a day and cost about $1K if the dealer sends it off for you or around $500 if you take it in yourself.

Have you seen a lava orange 911 with black sports classic wheels or black Carrera Sport wheels in person? Looks pretty nice and I would probably take one of those over the turbo wheels if you want it black from the factory. I actually ordered my TTS with the turbo wheels and had the dealer powder coat it glossy black. Haven't picked them back up yet though so I don't really know how it looks right now. But when I first saw the car with the silver wheels, it was still stunning. All 911's look good in person with whatever color wheels. However, having a completely black wheel really pushes it over the top and makes it look even better. I think your SA is right that you will be happy with the wheels partially painted when you see it in person but I think you will be even happier with them completely painted. Not to mention that it would cost less to do the powdercoating also.

John

kevinrubin 08-30-2017 06:45 PM

Beautiful car and great choices! Enjoy!

JD911 08-30-2017 07:32 PM

Congratulations! And the waiting begins.

AviBen 08-30-2017 07:34 PM

Beautiful. Just a few minutes ago, a Targa with exactly your combo of color and wheels passed by me on the other side of the road. I thought of you -- beautiful! I agree with your strategy of seeing the wheels in person before you have them modified. When I first got my orange vette, I felt determined to change out or paint the wheels to flat black, but having them on my car as they were (chrome, of all things!) I realized I liked how they looked and never looked back.

DJ23 08-30-2017 09:40 PM

Congratulations. I have not entered the build stage but very soon. Great looking car. See if your rep can have the wheels painted when your car arrives. My rep is having mine done for $800 glossy black. See what they can do.

Good luck on the wait.

Jay

triplekg 08-30-2017 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by DJ23 (Post 14446217)
Congratulations. I have not entered the build stage but very soon. Great looking car. See if your rep can have the wheels painted when your car arrives. My rep is having mine done for $800 glossy black. See what they can do.

Good luck on the wait.

Jay

I would love the see the pics when you get it back!

triplekg 08-30-2017 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by JW1 (Post 14445631)
I agree with KWP1911. You shouldn't pay the $1800 for the half painted wheel option from the factory. Getting the wheels powdercoated should only take a day and cost about $1K if the dealer sends it off for you or around $500 if you take it in yourself.

Have you seen a lava orange 911 with black sports classic wheels or black Carrera Sport wheels in person? Looks pretty nice and I would probably take one of those over the turbo wheels if you want it black from the factory. I actually ordered my TTS with the turbo wheels and had the dealer powder coat it glossy black. Haven't picked them back up yet though so I don't really know how it looks right now. But when I first saw the car with the silver wheels, it was still stunning. All 911's look good in person with whatever color wheels. However, having a completely black wheel really pushes it over the top and makes it look even better. I think your SA is right that you will be happy with the wheels partially painted when you see it in person but I think you will be even happier with them completely painted. Not to mention that it would cost less to do the powdercoating also.

John

love to see pics as well!