Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 10:05 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I touched it at Road America!
Was nice meeting you! If I'm thinking the right person, meet a bunch of rennlisters but didn't actually ask the screen names. Was nice to meet and get the real names and shakes hands with everyone.

Originally Posted by STG
Wow. The manual RS unicorn does exist. Saw it and met up with RJ today at Road America. Even took it for a drive on roads outside track! Drives just like it rolled off the line. Thanks RJ

Pictured with my GT Silver and Parnelli's Viper Green (who I took the road trip with). One close call with an oncoming Ka band officer

Attachment 1248620

Attachment 1248617

Attachment 1248618

Attachment 1248619

Saw TRAKCAR, LexVan, and GTEE3 as well. Nice meet up and chat guys!
Was Awesome meeting you and the guys STG ( don't know if you guys want real names dropped here?)
appreciate you coming up on your time off from the family to meet and see the car. Was a real pleasure. The guys that came up with you were real gentlemen and a pleasure to talk too. Had a great time.

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Rob,
Enjoyed meeting you yesterday at RA!
Your car is truly unique. The 6 spd feel is tight and precise. And, surprising is the light feel of the clutch pedal.
Also really like the "Exclusive" options inside. I would like the leather finishes on the steering wheel.
Enjoy in good health.
Was a pleasure to meet you too! Glad you liked the car and I wish I wasn't so pressed for time with the kiddies there. Would have been nice to have you take the car out for a drive as well, would have like your feedback on how it felt to you. Sometime soon we should all meet up and make that happen. That is for the compliments on the interior pieces, I wasn't sure how the black steering trim surround would look but it's become one of my favorite pieces from EXCLUSIVE OPTION! Changed the Look of the interior the most.
See you guys soon.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:14 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by spiller
awesome, AWESOME thread. Good to have a quiet day at work to be able to read through the whole thing! RJGT3RS . I'm sure we can all agree that money can be thrown at any problem in order to come up with a solution, but it takes ***** to go against the grain in attempting something like this with such a desirable car. I mean no disrespect with my comments! Congrats to you and enjoy your 1 of 1!

Out of curiosity, would this transmission bolt up to the 9A1 found in the 991.1 GT3? I understand it differs quite significantly from the RS donk.

Thank you very much, glad you liked the build, no offence taken buddy.

The engine I think would mate up fine, getting it to run is where you call JOHN @ BGB. They would be able to 100% make it work. This isn't my area of expertise but my basic understanding of what we've done here would give you a couple choices on how to attack this. either as a 3.8 or a 4.0 conversion. Again Johns the guy to talk too.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:21 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Highly doubt it. The only reason this car has been made to work is that the ECU thinks that it's a 911R. Given that the GT3 uses a different engine, I doubt that it would work correctly.
After spending time with John discussing another build i want to put together he told me it is possible? I doubted it as well but he quickly changed my mind lol. It is possible Sir.

Originally Posted by ajw45
isn't the only difference the crank and maybe rods for the extra .2l?

in addition to the weight loss the switch from pdk should free up a few hp too!
Ill tell you it does feel just as quick as the PDK car and with better engine response. I think that whole "I made it slower" is out the window. Obviously dependent on the Manual drivers skill level. it would make for a fun track comparison video for sure. im betting it would be a lot closer than we all though in the beginning.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:35 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
I touched it at Road America!
oh and sorry again for missing the first high five
Between us joke. Pleasure Sir.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:25 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RJGT3RS
Was nice meeting you! If I'm thinking the right person, meet a bunch of rennlisters but didn't actually ask the screen names. Was nice to meet and get the real names and shakes hands with everyone.

Was Awesome meeting you and the guys STG ( don't know if you guys want real names dropped here?)
appreciate you coming up on your time off from the family to meet and see the car. Was a real pleasure. The guys that came up with you were real gentlemen and a pleasure to talk too. Had a great time.

Was a pleasure to meet you too! Glad you liked the car and I wish I wasn't so pressed for time with the kiddies there. Would have been nice to have you take the car out for a drive as well, would have like your feedback on how it felt to you. Sometime soon we should all meet up and make that happen. That is for the compliments on the interior pieces, I wasn't sure how the black steering trim surround would look but it's become one of my favorite pieces from EXCLUSIVE OPTION! Changed the Look of the interior the most.
See you guys soon.
^Rob,
I would like to meet when you have time. I think STG and 'Viper Green' Greg would also be up for a trip down your way. And I would also like to chat about your Fcars.
BTW, the new exhaust on your RS is really nice!
Regards, P
Congrats on your incredible build.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:52 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

^Rob,
I would like to meet when you have time. I think STG and 'Viper Green' Greg would also be up for a trip down your way. And I would also like to chat about your Fcars.
BTW, the new exhaust on your RS is really nice!
Regards, P
Congrats on your incredible build.
That would be awesome, we should plan it for end of Sept sometime, perfect time to shoot pics and vids of the nice cars. btw. nice pumpkin you got.
Oh and thank you about the exhaust, its unbelievable how much more fun the car is now with that alone, wakes the car up completely.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:03 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

If you guys are getting together let me know as I might zip down from Appleton
Old 09-06-2017, 03:24 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by tasman
Nice, will do for sure.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:54 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
Rob,
That would be great. I will talk w/ STG and the other (like Tasman) GT guys in the area for some dates.
We will send you a pm.
P
Old 09-06-2017, 08:09 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Rob,
That would be great. I will talk w/ STG and the other (like Tasman) GT guys in the area for some dates.
We will send you a pm.
P

Looking forward to to it man.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:27 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

RJ, I saw your car at Lake Forest Concours d'Elegance today. What a great looking car you have. I didn't get a chance to meet you but I hope I will in the near future.

Congratulations on a very special car
Attached Images     
The following users liked this post:
catdog2 (12-31-2023)
Old 10-19-2017, 01:19 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Jethro just joined MT. We need that sweet GT3 RS with a manual video RJ!
Old 11-01-2017, 02:02 AM
Ayydawgg
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey 99RDC can you get in contact with me ? I would like to find out some info about buying a new or used gt3 from you
Thank you
Ahad

Originally Posted by 991RDC
The 911R **** comes with the boot in Silver Stitching, so it might be lighter than the Platinum Stitching on the GT3. I am waiting to see if Porsche will offer this **** as a CXX option.

SUNCOASTPARTS

#SKU991911RKNOB

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...1911RKNOB.html
Old 12-27-2017, 11:45 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

AFAIK, this is still the only 991RS with a 6 speed in the world.
I'm surprised BGB hasn't built more of them, the conversion is pretty reasonable!
Old 12-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
AFAIK, this is still the only 991RS with a 6 speed in the world.
I'm surprised BGB hasn't built more of them, the conversion is pretty reasonable!
The .2 GT3 with a Manual option came out- that is what happened.

Also - may be the .2 RS may come with a surpise option since it will be built "back to back" with the .2 GT3

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!