Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017 | 11:25 AM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
One day i would like to go into great detail about how this project was executed but i just cant because these questions are so specific that anyone in the know, trying to do this, would have the keys to the kingdom. All i can tell you is that the RS e-diff was removed and this car runs the factory 911R mechanical locking differential. Faults were disabled via using the correct coding so that everything was happy AND we did some background work in the ECU as well because i figured it would be harder for anyone else to replicate if i got the help of some folks overseas that would only sell this technology to me and no one else. I have the ability to turn off any light i want in the cluster but to me that's cheating and not doing your job so i had to take the much longer, more uphill road to have everything working as planned. There is no proverbial black electrical tape hiding anything on this dash.
From doing this project, can you say that if someone else wanted to do this it would be a lot easier since you know what to do now?

Is this something that you'd be interested in doing for other GT3RS owners?
Old 07-26-2017 | 12:25 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by CombatChuk
From doing this project, can you say that if someone else wanted to do this it would be a lot easier since you know what to do now?

Honestly, and I'm not trying to be an assh.. But if you were really interested in doing any of this, you would have literally went through the entire thread, salivating at the deliciousness.. And, if you had done that.. You wouldn't have asked those questions.

Have a good read
Old 07-26-2017 | 12:32 PM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be an assh.. But if you were really interested in doing any of this, you would have literally went through the entire thread, salivating at the deliciousness.. And, if you had done that.. You wouldn't have asked those questions.

Have a good read
Yet here you are being a huge asshat...

So many pages of this were people's comments waiting for it. now that they're done and had time to reflect on this build and if they were to try it again know all the hangups (specifically electrical) and streamline the process.

But you do you... asshat.
Old 07-26-2017 | 12:40 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Yet here you are being a huge asshat...

So many pages of this were people's comments waiting for it. now that they're done and had time to reflect on this build and if they were to try it again know all the hangups (specifically electrical) and streamline the process.

But you do you... asshat.
Thanks ..
Old 07-26-2017 | 12:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Ship car, mail John your CC and pick it up in a couple of months. Its not difficult people.
John is the one always choosing the path of most resistance in pursuit of perfection LOL, so we don't have to.

Sooo, who's #2?
Old 07-26-2017 | 01:09 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
To answer a question going back and forth, I have no idea if we will even do another one of these. Should the opportunity arise, it would be the same cost. There are easily another 30 - 40 hours of additional brainwork that went into this that I did not charge to the customer; they were sunk costs to me and won't be pushed onto further builds. Out of respect tho for the OP's bringing me this project I don't plan to further discount what he paid though. The time frame IF ALL PARTS ARE IN HAND would be about 2 weeks since all wiring looms have been documented and all additional Super Secret Squirrel mojo is now first hand stuff. This thing may end up being more of a unicorn than we all know! 🦄🦄🦄

CombatChuk, I think BGB answered your question several pages prior, in post #655.
Old 07-26-2017 | 01:15 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Sooo, who's #2?
You are!

Let's see : you have an RS.
You love it
You like pdk but like more to work for the end reward
You want to prove your lap-times don't go up significantly with a manual transmission.

There you go!
Old 07-26-2017 | 01:46 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
CombatChuk, I think BGB answered your question several pages prior, in post #655.
Thanks for pulling this up.

Originally Posted by neanicu
You are!

You love it
You want to prove your lap-times don't go up significantly with a manual transmission.

There you go!
Ohhhh no , I done used it...

popcorn came out!! would be awesome if you did.
Old 07-26-2017 | 02:10 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by RealityGT

Have a good read
I agree with the above, This isn't directed at combatchuk, but ive received no less than 40 private messages on messenger, Instagram etc.. from people showing support for the build and how much they love the project which I really appreciate then ask questions like "what did i do with the accident donor 911R vehicle''?? "why the hell did i destroy a R for the build", "what transmission did we use"???? bunch of funny stuff and I reply politely because I appreciate everyone showing interest but READ the Thread. That's part of the fun on these RL forums. The process people go through and document their work, finding, results etc...

So I Don't think RealityGT is being an A$$. A Lot of the members on here contribute quite a bit of info and their time for RL members that it gets irritating to them when people shortcut. Post threads on the same S**t thats been covered a hundred times over when a simple search would of found out the answer. Ask questions in threads that someone took time to explain already.

Might be Captain Obvious here but just saying....
Think John at BGB answered your question combatchuk but PM me if anything else pops up and i can help direct you in the right area. Thanks All

Last edited by RJGT3RS; 07-26-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2017 | 03:36 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I probably should have phrased my prior comment as "who knows if we will get the opportunity to do another one of these!?" Having said that, the inquiries have already started rolling in from as far as the middle east. To answer the previously asked question, what i told the most recent interested party was "if all parts are here in the shop we can execute in 30 days." The reason this has taken 2.5 times that is i'm trying to have my cake and eat it too. The wait process will be less than half as long should the opportunity arise to do this again. The final icing on the cake is to add some weight to the feel of the clutch because the OP is out to create the 4.0L manual RS with 911R drivetrain that HE always wanted. So since we are waiting to wrap up, we are gonna take a whack and making that 3rd pedal a little heavier.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Ship car, mail John your CC and pick it up in a couple of months. Its not difficult people.
John is the one always choosing the path of most resistance in pursuit of perfection LOL, so we don't have to.

Sooo, who's #2?
Originally Posted by neanicu
You are!

You love it

There you go!
I've known old Trakcar for a while now and i think it's pretty safe to assume that he likes a stock car! What i love about him is that he's not afraid to take a brand new RS to the track and put 15,000 of the hardest miles on it that anyone has ever seen. This company is marketing these vehicles as race inspired road cars and it brings a smile to my face to see people use them for what they were intended.
Old 07-26-2017 | 11:43 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

I've been totally slacking on my Rennlist reading lately. I just read through 53 pages of awesomeness! Thanks for taking this on. I want to jump in the car and head down to SFL to see this thing.
Old 07-27-2017 | 04:34 PM
Argon_
Pro

You sir are a HERO. Much respect.

And congrats on the growing family.
Old 07-27-2017 | 07:12 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by Money2536
I've been totally slacking on my Rennlist reading lately. I just read through 53 pages of awesomeness! Thanks for taking this on. I want to jump in the car and head down to SFL to see this thing.
Hey , thanks for taking the time to read and comment , glad your enjoying it. If you can make the trip it's their for another week and half before coming home. I'm sure BGB would love to have you.

Originally Posted by Argon_
You sir are a HERO. Much respect.

And congrats on the growing family.
Thank you for your kinds words sir!!
Appreciate you taking the time to read and comment.
Old 08-03-2017 | 04:21 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

RJGT3RS - you haven't said, but have you received any comment from Porsche AG - I'd assume privately. I can imagine there are more than a few folks in Motorsports Div enjoying this thread too.

Well done to you and BGB - the end product does not disappoint.
Old 08-03-2017 | 08:28 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

I can confirm directly that there are some people very high up at porsche here in the US and in Germany that have seen this video!

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!