Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018 | 11:09 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fansonly
How does one get ahold of Ralph? See lots of mentions on the board but no contact details...
Just google inside car connection and contact him through his site
Old 01-22-2018 | 11:17 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Just google inside car connection and contact him through his site
He sponsors this forum. Click on the link to inside car connection next to the forum. He had one advertised at $20k, not sure if he still has it.
Old 01-22-2018 | 11:31 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by baguns
Hi Everyone - I put in a deposit early last year when the .2 GT3 MT was announced with my local southern california dealer (starts with R, ends with K). I've kind of forgotten about this deposit, so I get a call that an allocation is available at $25K ADM. I haven't been following the threads for quite some time, and there are just TONS of postings to sort through, but does that sound reasonable for a southern calfiornia dealer? Or is this $25K mark-up "standard" (relative to Socal pricing) and the real good customers are getting MSRP in southern california? Appreciate the feedback on this.

After searching for months, I was fortunate enough to find an allocation last week. Car currently is slotted for an October delivery. My dealer said after 2018, that’s the end on production for this car.. For what it’s worth, I feel real lucky, if you want this car, you need to come with terms as I did, pay the ADM fee and get it ordered.
Old 01-22-2018 | 11:33 PM
Patrick Bateman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Voice control?? Isn’t that standard now?

I changed mine to the leather wheel after some research suggested the Alcantara won’t hold to to my use.

Other than that it looks great to me!
It's a $0 option my SA "added" for me along with floor mats and luggage net as he said you "always get the $0 options" - He is a very old school guy and I like him for that.
Old 01-22-2018 | 11:36 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Today I received two packages in the mail. Both were from Porsche, welcome kit. One for my 2016 "Unpunched" Cayenne Diesel (CD) and the other for my 991.2 GT3. The package contains a brochure and a small hardbound book about the car you just bought. I like the carbon fiber pen. Nice thank you gift from Porsche.

Folks getting 991.2 GT3 expect something from Porsche.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

One packet for 991.2 GT3, the other for the Cayenne Diesel.

Brochure, small hardbound book, and carbon fiber pen
Old 01-22-2018 | 11:40 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
It's a $0 option my SA "added" for me along with floor mats and luggage net as he said you "always get the $0 options" - He is a very old school guy and I like him for that.
Yep, I literally gobbled up the $0 options lol (leather wheel, smoking pack, voice control, luggage net, floor mats). Figured I'm paying an arm and a leg for everything else, and I use/wanted all of the $0 options anyway from my experience with my C4.

Originally Posted by dfoster

After searching for months, I was fortunate enough to find an allocation last week. Car currently is slotted for an October delivery. My dealer said after 2018, that’s the end on production for this car.. For what it’s worth, I feel real lucky, if you want this car, you need to come with terms as I did, pay the ADM fee and get it ordered.
x2 - what I did as well. Really wanted this specific GT3/build it my way/do euro delivery and paid the ADM, very happy with where I ended up. YMMV
Old 01-22-2018 | 11:45 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Same. No one else is dumb enough to spec a car to my tastes.
Old 01-23-2018 | 01:39 AM
cayenne-tt
Advanced

Hi Everyone - I put in a deposit early last year when the .2 GT3 MT was announced with my local southern california dealer (starts with R, ends with K). I've kind of forgotten about this deposit, so I get a call that an allocation is available at $25K ADM. I haven't been following the threads for quite some time, and there are just TONS of postings to sort through, but does that sound reasonable for a southern calfiornia dealer? Or is this $25K mark-up "standard" (relative to Socal pricing) and the real good customers are getting MSRP in southern california? Appreciate the feedback on this.
I think that’s the norm in SoCal right now. Did they say when the allocation would be built?
Old 01-23-2018 | 03:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

That's a bit on the high side...you can probably find an allocation at $15-$20k over if you go outside of CA.
Old 01-23-2018 | 08:04 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

This is the first time I’ve even seen it mentioned though. It’s definitely not on the configurator.

I specifically didn’t order the luggage net. I thought about it. I never once put anything in it in my Boxster and all it did was make the floor liner sit less flush there.

This is listed under standard equipment: Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including online navigation module, mobile phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control system
Old 01-23-2018 | 09:02 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

^"I specifically didn’t order the luggage net. I thought about it."

Funny- most people who did not check this box for the GT4 ended up with it. Porsche did not care and just added it in. In the end- nothing I even noticed.
Old 01-23-2018 | 09:16 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^"I specifically didn’t order the luggage net. I thought about it."

Funny- most people who did not check this box for the GT4 ended up with it. Porsche did not care and just added it in. In the end- nothing I even noticed.
That's funny. Someone on the assembly line is probably just slapping them in every car that goes by.

When I submitted my build to my SA, he sent me back a new build and mentioned he'd added it in because it's free and who doesn't take free options?? I wrote back to say this was a conscious decision and he took it back off.

This pic says it all.

Old 01-23-2018 | 09:46 AM
Patrick Bateman
Instructor

This is the first time I’ve even seen it mentioned though. It’s definitely not on the configurator.

I specifically didn’t order the luggage net. I thought about it. I never once put anything in it in my Boxster and all it did was make the floor liner sit less flush there.

This is listed under standard equipment: Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including online navigation module, mobile phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control system
If you click on my configuration and go to audio and communications, that box is sitting right there.
Old 01-23-2018 | 09:50 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

If you click on my configuration and go to audio and communications, that box is sitting right there.
So it is! And I've just gone and opened a US configurator from scratch and see the option there. I did the same for the Canadian one and it's most certainly not there. This is a good sign for me.
Old 01-23-2018 | 09:50 AM
FORENN
Banned

I specifically didn’t order the luggage net.
I always skip the tacky/cheap luggage net. If I had to, I'd pay extra to *not* have it. Sometimes less is more.

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Funny- most people who did not check this box for the GT4 ended up with it. Porsche did not care and just added it in.
Haha true. I remember when my GT4 arrived I looked to see if it was added despite me skipping it. Fortunately, it was not there.

​​​​​​
That's true, but VC was added to the configurator later. Folks with early builds had to have the sense to ask their dealers to add it.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread