Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 07:20 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
If you really want one, set a number in your head and grab the car or allocation when it pops up here on rennlist. Someone got one at $5k ADM and some people at $10k ADM. Frankly that’s peanuts on a $150k plus car. Plus the secondary market cars are starting to come through now so no reason to get something you don’t want.

Are you guys finding dealers posting here in the forums or on the classifieds?
Old 01-19-2018, 07:23 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Some, but mainly it is people in this thread with leads.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:24 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Some, but mainly it is people in this thread with leads.
After dialing for dollars around the US I feel like those leads are drying up....
Old 01-19-2018, 07:29 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by fansonly
After dialing for dollars around the US I feel like those leads are drying up....
Probably, but people will bail. If you want an on the ground car, there are a number of them $15ADM and up (and you can probably do better by negotiating). If you want an allocation, let it be known you want one and one may find you.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:02 PM
Wichard20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still hopeful my dealer will come through, still been actively calling around just in case of some luck. If anyone knows of any remaining allocations I would appreciate it.

Last edited by Wichard20; 01-20-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:28 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wichard20
still hopeful my dealer will come through, still been actively calling around just in case of some luck. If anyone knows of any remaining allocations I would appreciate it.
+1
Old 01-22-2018, 09:45 PM
Patrick Bateman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

All of my complaining on Rennlist has apparently paid off. My SA emailed me today with my build sheet indicating V200 status and commission number in hand. July build, Late August / Early Sept Delivery. I am beyond thrilled. He did in fact mention that all GT3's will be 2018 but did say they squeezed in a few more allocations this year.

What I think will be the final code - would love some feedback:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJSK1DH8

A dream since the first 996 GT3 came to the market - I still can't believe I got it. FYI I put down a deposit in 2/2016 to get on this dealer's list and they finally called. Crazy game but I would say if you are on a list and have been for a while, you may get a call soon!

How the hell do I wait 7 more months now?!?!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:51 PM
baguns
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone - I put in a deposit early last year when the .2 GT3 MT was announced with my local southern california dealer (starts with R, ends with K). I've kind of forgotten about this deposit, so I get a call that an allocation is available at $25K ADM. I haven't been following the threads for quite some time, and there are just TONS of postings to sort through, but does that sound reasonable for a southern calfiornia dealer? Or is this $25K mark-up "standard" (relative to Socal pricing) and the real good customers are getting MSRP in southern california? Appreciate the feedback on this.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Voice control?? Isn’t that standard now?

I changed mine to the leather wheel after some research suggested the Alcantara won’t hold to to my use.

Other than that it looks great to me!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:53 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 279 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
All of my complaining on Rennlist has apparently paid off. My SA emailed me today with my build sheet indicating V200 status and commission number in hand. July build, Late August / Early Sept Delivery. I am beyond thrilled. He did in fact mention that all GT3's will be 2018 but did say they squeezed in a few more allocations this year.

A dream since the first 996 GT3 came to the market - I still can't believe I got it. FYI I put down a deposit in 2/2016 to get on this dealer's list and they finally called. Crazy game but I would say if you are on a list and have been for a while, you may get a call soon!

Congrats on the allocation. Good to see they’re still popping up. Build looks good. I’d take off the chrono and light design package, but that’s just personal preference.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:07 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by baguns
Hi Everyone - I put in a deposit early last year when the .2 GT3 MT was announced with my local southern california dealer (starts with R, ends with K). I've kind of forgotten about this deposit, so I get a call that an allocation is available at $25K ADM. I haven't been following the threads for quite some time, and there are just TONS of postings to sort through, but does that sound reasonable for a southern calfiornia dealer? Or is this $25K mark-up "standard" (relative to Socal pricing) and the real good customers are getting MSRP in southern california? Appreciate the feedback on this.
Not bad. I wouldn't pay 25K but I wouldn't judge you harshly if you decided to.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:34 PM
Schmed
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts

You have good taste! That's how I'd build mine with the keys being: White / red seatbelts / buckets / manual / black wheels / white dials

Congrats.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:38 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Awesome - glad to hear you were able to get that elusive allocation

Build looks great, would great rid of light design pack and other than that she's a beaut!!!
Old 01-22-2018, 10:42 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by baguns
It's going to boil down to what is the best price/lowest ADM you can get on a configurable allocation, what value you place on the car, how much you are willing to stomach paying over MSRP, etc...

I've heard as low as $10K for configurable allocation last year (rare) to as high as $30-35K when I was searching around myself

I don't know how many allocations are left, especially as there are *rumors* that the GT3 will be built only until the end of 2018...so up to you if you want to wait and be patient and risk missing an allocation or go for it

Inside Car Connection (Ralph) is a sponsor on here and he has some wisdom/insight into the remaining allocations as well if you want to PM or email him, he was helpful for me when I was searching for an allocation (no connection to him)
Old 01-22-2018, 11:08 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
It's going to boil down to what is the best price/lowest ADM you can get on a configurable allocation, what value you place on the car, how much you are willing to stomach paying over MSRP, etc...

I've heard as low as $10K for configurable allocation last year (rare) to as high as $30-35K when I was searching around myself

I don't know how many allocations are left, especially as there are *rumors* that the GT3 will be built only until the end of 2018...so up to you if you want to wait and be patient and risk missing an allocation or go for it

Inside Car Connection (Ralph) is a sponsor on here and he has some wisdom/insight into the remaining allocations as well if you want to PM or email him, he was helpful for me when I was searching for an allocation (no connection to him)
How does one get ahold of Ralph? See lots of mentions on the board but no contact details...

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread