Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 02:11 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
The deposit was made without guarantee allocation.
At that time, I was told for an RS car, I will need previous purchase history to be able to get it, which I understand. I was also told for a GT3, with such early deposit, I should have a pretty good chance.
Now the mighty new GT3 turned out to be a highly desirable car and I guess my deposit doesn't worth much anymore.
Called other Ontario dealership, got the same answer. Looks like I am not the only one then.
Coming from other brands, this is pretty frustrating to see Ferrari games are now played by Porsche.
FYI, all deposits come with no guarantee on an allocation as do v070 receipts..

Porsche North Toronto, is opening this summer.. have you tried to contact them?

GL Man.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:18 PM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
FYI, all deposits come with no guarantee on an allocation as do v070 receipts..

Porsche North Toronto, is opening this summer.. have you tried to contact them?

GL Man.
Thank you.
Contacted them last week and got the same answer.
I don't expect positive answers from the dealerships I contact after the GT3 release.
I will wait and see. I have patience, just hope they produce enough cars.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:21 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
Thank you.
Contacted them last week and got the same answer.
I don't expect positive answers from the dealerships I contact after the GT3 release.
I will wait and see. I have patience, just hope they produce enough cars.

They will make a lot of them man, just wait it out.
Perhaps pull that deposit with that dealer (If it's DFC, it doesn't surprise me) and call Pfaff and put a deposit down and just wait.. They typically get the most allocations.

GL Man.. I am sure you will get the car you deserve! 2015 deposit and no car would be complete BS!
Old 03-13-2017, 02:24 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
If you owned a Porsche dealership, how would you handle allocations for the GT3?
I think the biggest frustration is lack of transparency. This leaves one to guess and piece together what is happening only to arrive at a likely wrong conclusion.

I'd be happy knowing where I stood and approx when I can expect an allocation or tell me to f-off and go buy a AMG GTR. But they won't even tell me to f-off
Old 03-13-2017, 02:28 PM
SKY57
Instructor

Originally Posted by RealityGT

They will make a lot of them man, just wait it out.
Perhaps pull that deposit with that dealer (If it's DFC, it doesn't surprise me) and call Pfaff and put a deposit down and just wait.. They typically get the most allocations.

GL Man.. I am sure you will get the car you deserve! 2015 deposit and no car would be complete BS!
Thanks man, will try all approach and wait till the end of production.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Probably pretty similar to what most are doing, though would have to review the sales history of the dealership in question. The problem is not the dealers. The problem lies with Porsche in how they are producing and pricing these cars, at least it has in the recent past. Remains to be seen on the new car. Who knows, maybe they make 10,000 of them and surprise everyone...
I suspect they will produced enough to fill demand less one.

Those without a relationship will eventually get one but will have to wait. If I were in their shoes, I would be scanning the used car pages for the car. Often after a few months, they become available. If you negotiate well, probably can pick one up for little over MSRP.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:05 PM
WHC9
Track Day

Originally Posted by SToronto
I think the biggest frustration is lack of transparency. This leaves one to guess and piece together what is happening only to arrive at a likely wrong conclusion.

I'd be happy knowing where I stood and approx when I can expect an allocation or tell me to f-off and go buy a AMG GTR. But they won't even tell me to f-off
The dealership I used to work at actually had a very transparent process. Did not sell above MSRP, required a $1,000 deposit, strictly first come - first serve. Had an actual physical list (a board actually) with all of the lists for rare or even rumored cars (GT3, RS, R (lol), GT4, GT4RS, Spyder, 960, Mission E, etc) in one of the back rooms and customers who are on those lists could always swing by and take a look at them if they wanted to.

Naturally, loyal customers who bought a bunch of cars throughout the years still ended up on top of the lists simply because they were always around and were kept informed but someone who never purchased a car there before still had a chance. I know that at least five .1 GT3s went to first-time customers - at MSRP of course.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:14 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by WHC9
The dealership I used to work at actually had a very transparent process. Did not sell above MSRP, required a $1,000 deposit, strictly first come - first serve. Had an actual physical list (a board actually) with all of the lists for rare or even rumored cars (GT3, RS, R (lol), GT4, GT4RS, Spyder, 960, Mission E, etc) in one of the back rooms and customers who are on those lists could always swing by and take a look at them if they wanted to.

Naturally, loyal customers who bought a bunch of cars throughout the years still ended up on top of the lists simply because they were always around and were kept informed but someone who never purchased a car there before still had a chance. I know that at least five .1 GT3s went to first-time customers - at MSRP of course.
Sounds like the best method I have heard of. Takes all of the uncertainty out except of course how many and when allocations come
Old 03-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Gonzalo Sanabria
Intermediate

Build sheet in but no allocations announced, mine is a manual
Old 03-13-2017, 03:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Sounds like Park Place to me...am I right?
Old 03-13-2017, 03:59 PM
WHC9
Track Day

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Sounds like Park Place to me...am I right?
No. A much smaller dealer.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:03 PM
SKY57
Instructor

This makes sense.
Take care of your VIPs, and then on a first come first serve basis.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Gonzalo Sanabria
Intermediate

You know my spec sheet is $155K and I think PDK or manual are same price although its not in spec sheet
Old 03-13-2017, 04:42 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Probably pretty similar to what most are doing, though would have to review the sales history of the dealership in question. The problem is not the dealers. The problem lies with Porsche in how they are producing and pricing these cars, at least it has in the recent past. Remains to be seen on the new car. Who knows, maybe they make 10,000 of them and surprise everyone...
I doubt they can produce 10000 991.2gt3 in two years. But, I also doubt there will be a demand for 10000 cars WW?

991rs was released Geneva 2015 together with gt4,
They managed to make 5000RS during 1.5 years. Gt4 was probably easy to produce compared to all the CF and magnesium panels on RS.
991.2 will be the only street GT car until gt2rs or (gt4rs) is on the production line.

This time Porsche is ready. Let's just see how long the hype is there. Seems like very little patience by gt3/RS buyers. Smart to sit back and relax, enjoy what you got and spec one when the dust has settled. Likely in a year.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:50 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Smart to sit back and relax, enjoy what you got and spec one when the dust has settled. Likely in a year.
Well I don't know how I'm gonna win the DE Championship in my Boxster, but I guess I'll give it the ol' college try!

#NeedGT3

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread