Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,860 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I called my dealer I am first in line. He wants my 50th EARLY and is talking $50k over.
That's retarded. Anyone paying $50k over for a GT3 needs to have their head examined. If every dealer did that, those lists would empty out in a flash.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:09 PM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Just called my dealer, put down deposit 1.5+ years ago was #4 but now #3 as somebody dropped out already. Agreed on car at MSRP.

Premiere/Exclusive Flagship dealer so should get one even though 6MT pushes me back.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:50 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Make sure you guys make the connection with your respective dealers of choice. Diplomacy and established relationships are key here to ensure allocation. Otherwise due to the qualities the 991.2 GT3 offers, wait list will be long once again.

I heard there will be somewhere around 900 copies total cars issued for USA. Will verify from my dealer how many are arriving here in the states for 2017.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 03-10-2017, 10:50 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Good lord, people. I'm pretty sure most of you were here when the 991 GT3 was released. It was the same hysteria and BS then. Porsche said, "entire production sold out before the first car was even made". In the end, everyone that wanted one, got one. Even my blood sucking vampire local dealer sold me one for msrp after milking the first couple allocations for 'market' price BS. If you actually want one, you'll get one. Eventually. That is the only issue. The 'lists' are longer this time around because people are putting down names at multiple dealers and there are probably even more scum of the earth flippers. Those flippers are going to get hosed because Porsche will make plenty of these cars.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:54 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,777 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Good lord, people. I'm pretty sure most of you were here when the 991 GT3 was released. It was the same hysteria and BS then. Porsche said, "entire production sold out before the first car was even made". In the end, everyone that wanted one, got one. Even my blood sucking vampire local dealer sold me one for msrp after milking the first couple allocations for 'market' price BS. If you actually want one, you'll get one. Eventually. That is the only issue. The 'lists' are longer this time around because people are putting down names at multiple dealers and there are probably even more scum of the earth flippers. Those flippers are going to get hosed because Porsche will make plenty of these cars.
Agree 100% Joe. You just have to wait the hysteria out.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:59 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,948 Likes on 4,844 Posts

That's the problem. Most folks posting weren't here when the 1.1 GT3 was released.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:35 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Not in UK. Nobody will take a deposit and has been the case for a long time.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:19 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,818 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Yup, I'll sit it out this year and will look to get an allocation sometime next year. They'll build more .2GT3s than they did .1GT3s for sure.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:12 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

It was said somewhere that GT3 will be built at same place as the cup cars. I believe this is different to previous models, which were built on normal 911/Boxster/Cayman assembly line at Zuffenhausen. If that's true then I wonder what it does to capacity.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:22 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

GT3 was always built on same line as cup in zuffenhausen.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:16 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
It was said somewhere that GT3 will be built at same place as the cup cars. I believe this is different to previous models, which were built on normal 911/Boxster/Cayman assembly line at Zuffenhausen. If that's true then I wonder what it does to capacity.
This is just marketing talk. If you ever been to the factory, then you know the Cup cars are assembled in a small area separate from the main production line, which is just "alongside" of the regular cars.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:23 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
Not in UK. Nobody will take a deposit and has been the case for a long time.
Always feel sorry for you guys with RHD. Big demand for sports cars in the U.K. and not enough production. Hope you get one.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:32 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

The dealers in Midwest seem legit. I get to lock in my order today at MSRP. No BS, no market adjustment just called and said hey you asked for one and you get to order one, are you still interested. They honor there verbal commitment, no deposit either. I am sorry to see all the major market dealers playing games.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:37 AM
RRRRR
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Always feel sorry for you guys with RHD. Big demand for sports cars in the U.K. and not enough production. Hope you get one.
Not same case in Australia, dealer took the deposit but don't know anything about allocation yet. Every car here is sold in retail price i.e. MSRP and only depends when did you put the deposit. Even you bought 100 prosche already but you put the .2 GT3 late, you may still not able to get one. Bad thing is, they charge luxury car tax and base price start from 240k USD equivalent + on road cost.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:08 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRRR
Not same case in Australia, dealer took the deposit but don't know anything about allocation yet. Every car here is sold in retail price i.e. MSRP and only depends when did you put the deposit. Even you bought 100 prosche already but you put the .2 GT3 late, you may still not able to get one. Bad thing is, they charge luxury car tax and base price start from 240k USD equivalent + on road cost.
Australia is good for getting cars. Small population and few can afford them.
UK has massive population and normal prices. Maybe they should just add the 100% tax on import cars in the UK. That would take care of the situation.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread