Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 12:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
Imo Porsche better prepares itself for a massive bitch slap the following years !
Or could be that Porsche's goals aren't the same as Lambo or McLaren and they don't have much intention or desire to chase the numbers in that borderline hypercar niche.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:04 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apolo1
Don't you mean the H that set the ring time will be faster than the customer spec 720s?, if so yes I would agree with that. But Customer Spec H, along side customer spec 720s, my $$$ would be on the 720s being faster, based on what I know about the 720s.....
I've seen you mention something similar in regards to the SV lap time. I remember you mentioning it being on "cheater tires/ trofeos", but lambo and pirelli also claimed it was set on a developmental tire for the next-gen P-Zero corsas, the same ones the 720s are said to be on. Is it possible that the tires you're mentioning are what both sides--you and the italians claim, are the same?

Members on LP claim that it will come on the same tires the lap time was set on, they're made specifically for the car.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Sounds like there is a massive leap forward in this generation of supercars which are approaching the hypercar performance level. It seems very premature to state which is faster though, not to mention that the Huracan Performante is more comparable to the 675LT, whereas, the 720s is supposed to be the new "base" model. If the new base mclaren matches the lambo's "road racing" model.. then it's actually mclaren which is ahead no?.. real question is what will the "LT" version of the 720s have to do...?

And more relevant to this forum.. how much dust will the 911 GT2 have to eat before Porsche stops playing games with PTS and limited allocations of old technology, and starts working to recapture market share with a competitive super-priced hyper-car performing product?
I would say that macca are ahead of the competition, but that was done on purpose. In general, from the times that I've seen from both mags and unfortunately that one salmon's test (i'm not an owner, here), the SV seems to always be within a second of the LT, despite their differences. So imo, its also possible for the Performante to be the same way. But once again before everyone jumps on me and begins to insult me for speaking out, i dont own any of them, and can only go on what others say
Old 02-20-2017, 02:14 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by kingjr9000
I've seen you mention something similar in regards to the SV lap time. I remember you mentioning it being on "cheater tires/ trofeos", but lambo and pirelli also claimed it was set on a developmental tire for the next-gen P-Zero corsas, the same ones the 720s are said to be on. Is it possible that the tires you're mentioning are what both sides--you and the italians claim, are the same?

Members on LP claim that it will come on the same tires the lap time was set on, they're made specifically for the car.

I would say that macca are ahead of the competition, but that was done on purpose. In general, from the times that I've seen from both mags and unfortunately that one salmon's test (i'm not an owner, here), the SV seems to always be within a second of the LT, despite their differences. So imo, its also possible for the Performante to be the same way. But once again before everyone jumps on me and begins to insult me for speaking out, i dont own any of them, and can only go on what others say
918 guys always get offended when something comes close to their perceived mother ship. SV was not on any special tires they showed up ran the car and were told to not improve their time unlike the 918 who took cars drivers and a race team fully equipped. The 918 later got tweaked only to get beat by the ACR - E.

These are fun times - but let's be honest the chances of anyone on this forum besides maybe a select few can take these cars to their track limits so it's more talk than action. Doesn't matter if you own a tricycle your pixie dust has as much or more value.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:16 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
918 guys always get offended when something comes close to their perceived mother ship. SV was not on any special tires they showed up ran the car and were told to not improve their time unlike the 918 who took cars drivers and a race team fully equipped. The 918 later got tweaked only to get beat by the ACR - E.

These are fun times - but let's be honest the chances of anyone on this forum besides maybe a select few that can take these cars to their track limits so it's a lot more talk then action.
Yeah, you may say that, but i have been hounded and insulted on a few forums for simply stating my views, thoughts, and opinions on these two.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:21 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Yeah, you may say that, but i have been hounded and insulted on a few forums for simply stating my views, thoughts, and opinions on these two.
Who cares - the ones who are rude have bigger problems than what you say about a car.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:01 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
But just so I'm clear, when you were dispensing your grand proclamations about the "Huracan RACING platform" and how "no one has anything close", you were NOT talking talking about racing? Or have I somehow misconstrued things?
The 'huracan racing platform' was so fast that at the VLN and 24h 'ring, it won or finished on the podium every round. oh wait....

Well maybe if the R8 LMS car is a shared platform car with the huracan like the road car perhaps that might be a bit more realistic.... and even so those pesky AMG GT3s seemed to be pretty quick too.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 359 Likes on 140 Posts

(
Before I respond, it would be helpful to understand your own time in 918 and or SV.?
Old 02-20-2017, 06:51 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Before I respond, it would be helpful to understand your own time in 918 and or SV.?
Typical.

You 918 guys feed off each other - go back to your closed group where you all stroke one another.

The guy made it crystal clear how he felt about bs just like this and you still are a dick with an energizer bunny Tesla V8 whoppee!

let's see how many 918 guys come to post in a Huracan thread - why because you got beat at the ring!

Funny thing is - willing to bet many of you called Porsche and asked for another power upgrade
Old 02-20-2017, 07:15 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

I think the new Mclaren 720S is going to disrupt the industry with its performance. The new Huracan Performante, while very nice in person (I attended the preview a few weeks ago), won't be able to match the Mclaren. Yes, Lamborghini has a 6:52s lap time at the Ring, but even their engineers admitted that the current Ring configuration is the fastest configuration thus far. I even asked them why the SV's Ring laptime doesn't correlate with the lap times on other tracks compared to the 918. They shrugged and joked, "the driver ate some special pasta that day at the Ring."
Old 02-20-2017, 08:20 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Ive already said i dont own either one. Im just curious why the SV seems to be so close to LT despite its disadvantages. Really, is there anything lambo could really do to the car to make up for its massive weight disadvantage?
Old 02-20-2017, 08:21 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Originally Posted by unotaz
I think the new Mclaren 720S is going to disrupt the industry with its performance. The new Huracan Performante, while very nice in person (I attended the preview a few weeks ago), won't be able to match the Mclaren. Yes, Lamborghini has a 6:52s lap time at the Ring, but even their engineers admitted that the current Ring configuration is the fastest configuration thus far. I even asked them why the SV's Ring laptime doesn't correlate with the lap times on other tracks compared to the 918. They shrugged and joked, "the driver ate some special pasta that day at the Ring."
Im sure you already know why. But there seems to be only two track on record where theres a massive difference, not counting thermal. One poster on another forum read from a german mag, that the ring repaved config, is about .5sec faster than before.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:26 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
Mclaren stated a 6:47 lap time with the P1 and what happened to that.

SV has a video like the 918 and so does the Huracan seconds faster no one has confirmed the 6:52 but it's in that neighborhood.

C'mon are we really going to play Lamborghini SV cheated ... again. We all know they didn't there is a video driver and plenty of guys there that will state 100% it could have been faster and toss on Trofeo's and it goes even faster.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:45 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Originally Posted by isv
The 'huracan racing platform' was so fast that at the VLN and 24h 'ring, it won or finished on the podium every round. oh wait....

Well maybe if the R8 LMS car is a shared platform car with the huracan like the road car perhaps that might be a bit more realistic.... and even so those pesky AMG GT3s seemed to be pretty quick too.
Are you the same guy from Mclife? Well, regardless, here are a couple of things.

https://squadracorse.lamborghini.com...s-championship

http://media.lamborghini.com/En/the-...2-32a0b64983c2

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/08/lam...its-first.html

Safety car advantage, but still.
http://gtspirit.com/2016/09/18/blanc...season-finale/

And here is the SV and Performante driver
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Mapelli
Old 02-21-2017, 03:27 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 359 Likes on 140 Posts

Ive already said i dont own either one. Im just curious why the SV seems to be so close to LT despite its disadvantages. Really, is there anything lambo could really do to the car to make up for its massive weight disadvantage?
First of all I was not trying to be disrespectful in any way. But if you had been in a 918 and or an SV even as a passenger you would get my point, instantly.

Same very good driver same day same track, same rubber don't think that there would be a lot in between the LT and SV.

Last edited by Apolo1; 02-21-2017 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:13 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Or could be that Porsche's goals aren't the same as Lambo or McLaren and they don't have much intention or desire to chase the numbers in that borderline hypercar niche.
Could be, but then they have to price it accordingly. Who's going to keep shelling out for a GT3 and RS @ 150k & 200k if that puts you in the bracket of cars that murder them on track ?

Quick Reply: OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)