Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 12:37 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
From a numerical standpoint yes. But for some, its just a meaningless number. I treat money as tool, I am not that emotionally tied to it as most on RL there days. I have found that I am a pretty good at making more money, but not time.

I also enjoy 6 figure watches that depreciate.

Many of the people commenting are in the wrong hobby. They use the "perceived" value of a GT3 as their reasoning to purchase the car. Take a look at how many PTS threads there are in the last 18 months.

You want real depreciation, go buy a new Rolls/Bentley, ask me how I know. But they are fun to me, hence why I just ordered another Rolls.
Agreed.....Never has depreciation once been a factor into whether I buy a car or not.....if that was the case I would only be driving 5 yr old used Honda's.....honestly I feel bad that people mentally can't buy what they really want because they worry about the value of the car in a year or two....they lose out on so much over their lifetime of car ownership
Old 12-04-2018, 12:58 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,019 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
honestly I feel bad that people mentally can't buy what they really want because they worry about the value of the car in a year or two....they lose out on so much over their lifetime of car ownership
I appreciate the sympathy, but I have limited financial resources. I can either buy a relatively cheaper car and not worry about resale. Or I can stretch a bit more for a more expensive car that has a higher probability of retaining some value (no guarantee, of course). Just a calculated decision made with the best info available and choosing the car I think I'll enjoy most that satisfies the financial criteria (affordable as total loss and/or will retain significant value over ownership period).
Old 12-04-2018, 03:16 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I appreciate the sympathy, but I have limited financial resources. I can either buy a relatively cheaper car and not worry about resale. Or I can stretch a bit more for a more expensive car that has a higher probability of retaining some value (no guarantee, of course). Just a calculated decision made with the best info available and choosing the car I think I'll enjoy most that satisfies the financial criteria (affordable as total loss and/or will retain significant value over ownership period).
That's what everyone else is doing, too. Everyone has limited financial resources and everyone has a number that they would NOT be comfortable losing. The "relaxed" ones here that "just drive and not worry about depreciation" are merely signalling net worth and/or earning power. Someone "relaxed" about $200k/yr depreciation on a McLaren, may not be so relaxed about $1mil/yr depreciation on a Bugatti, and someone relaxed about both may not be so relaxed about $5mil/yr depreciation on a boat.

Last edited by hf1; 12-04-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:55 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

For now the words "HOLY F'ING SH@T" seem to encapsulate how I feel about the car...the 600lt may very well be the most "exciting" car I've ever driven, and I've only driven it about 50 miles...spitting fire the whole way. This thing has better steering than any road or race car I've driven (I've SO missed hydraulic), and the speed...holy crap the speed...the thing revs just 1000 RPM short of a gt3 rs and from 3700 rpm pulls more like a gt2rs. The best way to describe the LT is completely alive. Just wow, never had a Porsche GT, or any other exotic quite have this effect.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:57 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,019 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
For now the words "HOLY F'ING SH@T" seem to encapsulate how I feel about the car...the 600lt may very well be the most "exciting" car I've ever driven, and I've only driven it about 50 miles...spitting fire the whole way. This thing has better steering than any road or race car I've driven (I've SO missed hydraulic), and the speed...holy crap the speed...the thing revs just 1000 RPM short of a gt3 rs and from 3700 rpm pulls more like a gt2rs. The best way to describe the LT is completely alive. Just wow, never had a Porsche GT, or any other exotic quite have this effect.
Excellent feedback - congrats!

That’s the McLaren that has my attention
Old 12-04-2018, 10:10 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

[QUOTE=sechsgang;15475413]For now the words "HOLY F'ING SH@T" seem to encapsulate how I feel about the car...the 600lt may very well be the most "exciting" car I've ever driven, and I've only driven it about 50 miles...spitting fire the whole way. This thing has better steering than any road or race car I've driven (I've SO missed hydraulic), and the speed...holy crap the speed...the thing revs just 1000 RPM short of a gt3 rs and from 3700 rpm pulls more like a gt2rs. The best way to describe the LT is completely alive. Just wow, never had a Porsche GT, or any other exotic quite have this effect.

What an amazing car, Congrats! Let us know what you think after you get to open it up...or on track.....
Old 12-04-2018, 10:27 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

I wish I didn't read that
Old 12-05-2018, 02:01 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Congrats!!! Looks incredible. I drove one over the weekend. It was so much better than the GT3 etc.

just wait for the few who will start with the depreciation bs.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:06 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

That thing looks amazing.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:08 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations!! Looks killer. I’m certain that if the RL posse can get over the NA vs turbo and depreciation issues there will be a lot more people buying this car. It’s spectacular!!
Old 12-05-2018, 02:19 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

If i do get another car i am seriously considering a 675 LT. Maybe in a year or two prices will come down enough. Something about them!
Old 12-05-2018, 06:50 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
Congrats!!! Looks incredible. I drove one over the weekend. It was so much better than the GT3 etc.

just wait for the few who will start with the depreciation bs.
Do you mean its also way better than your 991.2GT3 RS..I've also just fitted a JCR Center rear bypass and it transforms the character of the GT3..I love mcLarens especially the 600LT however after hearing my JCR'd GT3 i feel i'll miss the noise..
Old 12-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Napoli
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude! I am just down the road from you. How can you forget me in times like this? Leave no man behind!

Old 12-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

For now the words "HOLY F'ING SH@T" seem to encapsulate how I feel about the car...the 600lt may very well be the most "exciting" car I've ever driven, and I've only driven it about 50 miles...spitting fire the whole way.
You had me at HOLY F’ING SH@T.....
Old 12-05-2018, 10:52 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,246 Likes on 610 Posts

finally drove the 600LT demo we have...Vega Blue.

the car is as advertised...AMAZING front end feel from the steering. and it has the same LT style transmission with the Fwwwwapopp up and downshift noises. this thing is a beast- with Senna seats holy ***** will be amazing on track!

Quick Reply: McLaren Success