Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slightly OT: Hawaii members

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 03:25 AM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, I experienced that ocean wash on the drive to Lahaina a few days ago. Pretty cool in a rental car, but I would not enjoy it in a gt car! The Lahaina bypass road looked like a perfect high speed run road. I am more of a corners guy, but struck me as one of the few nice roads that was not congested, not near anything where people might be walking around, and fairly straight. Nice place to open it up for more than a few seconds anyway. Not many of those places here it seems. Can't beat the sunsets though.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:15 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by PTGFAR
I've only been to Hana the back way once. At that time most of the road was not paved. That was more than 50 years ago though. I guess I'm showing my age. Going over the Pali to Lahaina would be fun but I don't take my car to that side of the island because of a section of road where waves from the ocean wash onto the road sometimes.
Drove back from Hana back way once... had no Idea if I would make it, sections of road missing etc. best way to see the real Maui, old towns etc
Old 09-13-2020, 03:13 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 397 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by PTGFAR
I live on Maui and I would never take the GT3 to Hana. There's too much traffic and some crazy drivers. With the traffic we have on the island, you have to drive responsibly. It's not nearly as crowded as Oahu though.

I've only seen one other older GT3 on the island. Someone told me they saw another one that they thought was me so it may have been another 991.
I’ve seen a white on around here and there.

Quick Reply: slightly OT: Hawaii members