Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone really sure of what the new 991 GT3 and RS are going to be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 05:21 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 873 Likes on 385 Posts

So what is the release schedule for the GT3, GT3RS and the GT2RS?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me if they release the .2 GT3 first, GT2RS and then the .2 GT3RS at the end of the 991 cycle. Images of the GT2RS mule has been circulating around the internet for a very long time. Shouldn't the GT2RS be released last as the ultimate iteration of the 991 platform?
Old 09-05-2016, 05:22 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 873 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Nobody is 100% sure unless AP wants to chime in and tell us. Odds are in favour of both though. Both meaning in the GT3. Up in the air regarding the RS.
.2 GT3 is 100% confirmed to be released with a manual transmission. .2 RS will come with PDK only.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:04 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
.2 GT3 is 100% confirmed to be released with a manual transmission. .2 RS will come with PDK only.
By who?
Old 09-05-2016, 06:24 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
By who?
ZE CLENING LAAAADY! (of course)
Old 09-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,084 Likes on 384 Posts

Hey guys, do we really have to have another thread running on this topic when there is already a very long one running in parallel? The same speculative stuff just gets repeated on each thread.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Look at it this way regarding dealer relationships. It is only important if you want a limited production or high demand model like the Porsche GT's. Anyone can get an allocation for the run of the mill models. You don't need a relationship.

The GT model typically hold their value and often increase in value. So they are not depreciating assets per se. Dealers are only allocated very few of this models and prefer to give them to their best customers who have had a relationship/partnership with the dealerships. By that I mean;

1. Over the years, purchased several cars from the dealer,

2. all servicing done by the dealer (this is their bread and butter),

3. turn the car in for the most recent iteration of a GT model (typically the trade in or the purchase by dealer is close to MSRP depending on the model),

4. The dealer sells the turned in model usually above MSRP,

5. The customer gets the latest and greatest model

6. and the cycle begins again

This is a relationship where both parties profit.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
ZE CLENING LAAAADY! (of course)
I have always had allot of respect for CAlexio's cleaning lady. Her information has been extremely accurate.

Now that she has been "exposed" I have even more respect for her.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Look at it this way regarding dealer relationships. It is only important if you want a limited production or high demand model like the Porsche GT's. Anyone can get an allocation for the run of the mill models. You don't need a relationship.

The GT model typically hold their value and often increase in value. So they are not depreciating assets per se. Dealers are only allocated very few of this models and prefer to give them to their best customers who have had a relationship/partnership with the dealerships. By that I mean;

1. Over the years, purchased several cars from the dealer,

2. all servicing done by the dealer (this is their bread and butter),

3. turn the car in for the most recent iteration of a GT model (typically the trade in or the purchase by dealer is close to MSRP depending on the model),

4. The dealer sells the turned in model usually above MSRP,

5. The customer gets the latest and greatest model

6. and the cycle begins again

This is a relationship where both parties profit.
That sounds exhausting, especially given there are no guarantees and there's always someone that spends more... well, more than me anyway. Based on that list, it might be cheaper and less work to skip the relationship building and just walk into a dealership and offer $$$ over msrp. I'll spend less time on the relationship and less money on depreciation, service, and trades and the dealer gets a pile of cash for no additional effort. Dealer still profits and the customer still gets screwed but at least it's a transparent system....
Old 09-05-2016, 10:04 PM
LnC993
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
That sounds exhausting, especially given there are no guarantees and there's always someone that spends more... well, more than me anyway. Based on that list, it might be cheaper and less work to skip the relationship building and just walk into a dealership and offer $$$ over msrp. I'll spend less time on the relationship and less money on depreciation, service, and trades and the dealer gets a pile of cash for no additional effort. Dealer still profits and the customer still gets screwed but at least it's a transparent system....
+1

But the customer who pays (reasonably) over MSRP doesn't really get screwed, he is just paying the car at the market rate and get to drive the car before everyone does.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you guys actually get to see "the list?" Or does the dealer take your money, type your name on the digital notepad on his computer and you think you are on a list? After the 918 guys (who are actually on the list) there is likely an interested persons list, which will be then called and qualified based on how much over MSRP you are willing to pay. If you can pay to be on a list, you can certainly pay to move up the list.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:30 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Hey guys, do we really have to have another thread running on this topic when there is already a very long one running in parallel? The same speculative stuff just gets repeated on each thread.
That's why most of us have fun with the idiotic questions and provide idiotic answers! No one really knows anything. It's all just speculation unless you can show me documentation...
Old 09-05-2016, 11:35 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,860 Likes on 4,809 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Originally Posted by JDHertz11
That's why most of us have fun with the idiotic questions and provide idiotic answers! No one really knows anything. It's all just speculation unless you can show me documentation...
Without redundancy and speculation the Internet would break.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:51 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

So let's start a poll here on RL. I'll give the option of 4.0MT NA, 4.0PDK NA, 4.0MT TT and finally 4.0PDK TT. We can revisit the results in six months. Any combinations I missed?

Then I'll start a separate poll on how much over MSRP the stealers will take from you. I made a nice chart on the 993 section which cleared up the then exploding air cooled market. Let me see if I can find it. I think this group may deserve something similar.

Here it is:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...o-the-dow.html
Old 09-05-2016, 11:59 PM
KA 991 GT3
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Serious Question

If the new GT3 comes with the turbo charged engine, would you guys be interested or pass?
No indications out there that it would not be, just curious to what the masses on here would do...
Old 09-06-2016, 01:40 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by KA 991 GT3
If the new GT3 comes with the turbo charged engine, would you guys be interested or pass?
No indications out there that it would not be, just curious to what the masses on here would do...
but seriously why would you post this? I mean yea to troll, and that's ok too. but when you know the answer already, why stir the pot with a dead horse again. Why not try humor and originality?

or maybe this is an attempt at humor and I just don't get it.. it's very possible.

But here.. i'll give you a better road, you'll find out soon why this is better but for now.. lets ask something like, I don't know...

Originally Posted by KA 991 GT3
"If the new GT3 comes with the 4.0 engine, do you think it would be the same as on the R, or with certain modifications to it?
No indications out there that it would not be, just curious to what the masses on here would do..."
just trust me on this.. at least you're generating a conversation which one day will lead you to a "a-HA, our hunch was right, and we figured it out together on that thread!" moment...

vs a smug "yep, I really trolled that guy good on that thread" moment.

HINT: the First feeling is more preferable.

Quick Reply: Is anyone really sure of what the new 991 GT3 and RS are going to be?