Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone really sure of what the new 991 GT3 and RS are going to be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 10:52 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 95 Posts

Your chances are higher if you tie a Panamera Executive or a Cayenne Turbo S to your GT purchase.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:08 PM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
Your chances are higher if you tie a Panamera Executive or a Cayenne Turbo S to your GT purchase.
You better off just paying the premium for the gt cars versus the extreme losses those cars take
Old 09-04-2016, 12:32 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
personally, I think these so called "lists" are all smoke and mirrors. The dealers have their special clients that will always get special cars when they come out. Then, perhaps, others will get one if extra allotments come available. Think about it, every future GT car Porsche will make in the next few years has already been sold several times over based upon all the Rennlisters who claim to have made deposits and are on "the list"; I guarantee there are going to be alot of upset people who made deposits and were supposedly on "the list".

At end of day, best thing is to establish a relationship with a dealer. buy non GT cars. Show up to dealer events. Eventually you will be a special person and get these cars with regularity. For example, my incoming RS build wasnt due to being on a list; I simply did the above and was offered one -no deposit, no list. Good Luck!
+1 and don't say no when offered, like I did to the GT4, it gets you on the "priorities not all about cars list" heheh
Old 09-04-2016, 12:33 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
You better off just paying the premium for the gt cars versus the extreme losses those cars take
Hmmm.. very good logic. Our CTurbo has depreciated considerably more then my FF % wise.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:10 PM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by disden
personally, I think these so called "lists" are all smoke and mirrors. The dealers have their special clients that will always get special cars when they come out. Then, perhaps, others will get one if extra allotments come available. Think about it, every future GT car Porsche will make in the next few years has already been sold several times over based upon all the Rennlisters who claim to have made deposits and are on "the list"; I guarantee there are going to be alot of upset people who made deposits and were supposedly on "the list".

At end of day, best thing is to establish a relationship with a dealer. buy non GT cars. Show up to dealer events. Eventually you will be a special person and get these cars with regularity. For example, my incoming RS build wasnt due to being on a list; I simply did the above and was offered one -no deposit, no list. Good Luck!
I'm in total agreement with you mé compadré. List are for Ferrari's and other low production highly sought after make & models i.e. lala Ferararari, P1 & not 918.

But Porsche's recent addition of list due to the Brown Nosing that came with the Purchase of the 918. Those individuals getting first right of refusal on purchase on the limited GT Cars so forth and so on. Makes the Purchase of the True non Collectors track enthusiast near impossible.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Can we stop being naive about dealer list? Does anyone believe that a first time customer who put down a deposit first at a dealer will get priority over one who has purchased 8-10 cars from that dealer?

Those that get the early allocations are the best customers of that dealership. Those that are first on the list without prior purchases from that dealer are first only against other none customers.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:46 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never get an allocation for a new car. My dealership hints to me not to haggle, not to ask for anything -- just go with the flow. I asked them to find me a (used) RS that they could bring in so I could buy it from them and continue to build my relationship with them and (***crickets***). Found my own. I'd like to "be in the club" but it just seems impossible unless you don't mind throwing around extra cash, buying other cars you really don't want and taking it on each end of each transaction.

I'm new to the P world, granted, but it seems like a completely different club. Not complaining as this RS is the most amazing thing I've ever driven-- and I guess Porsche knows that-- but it's definitely unique to me. Maybe I'm just jaded as I was/am a "Audi VIP" and now I'm "just a guy". Haha
Old 09-04-2016, 05:20 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never get an allocation for a new car. My dealership hints to me not to haggle, not to ask for anything -- just go with the flow. I asked them to find me a (used) RS that they could bring in so I could buy it from them and continue to build my relationship with them and (***crickets***). Found my own. I'd like to "be in the club" but it just seems impossible unless you don't mind throwing around extra cash, buying other cars you really don't want and taking it on each end of each transaction.

I'm new to the P world, granted, but it seems like a completely different club. Not complaining as this RS is the most amazing thing I've ever driven-- and I guess Porsche knows that-- but it's definitely unique to me. Maybe I'm just jaded as I was/am a "Audi VIP" and now I'm "just a guy". Haha
Just be patient! The last 3 years have been weird in the world of Porsches. It wasn't like this before and things will cool of again. That's the time to be ready with cash in hand.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Just be patient! The last 3 years have been weird in the world of Porsches. It wasn't like this before and things will cool of again. That's the time to be ready with cash in hand.
Absolutely right.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Can we stop being naive about dealer list? Does anyone believe that a first time customer who put down a deposit first at a dealer will get priority over one who has purchased 8-10 cars from that dealer? .
No
Old 09-04-2016, 07:07 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
Exactly
Old 09-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 658 Likes on 309 Posts

delete

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 09-04-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:49 PM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting on a list has worked for me a couple of times. Maybe I was just lucky. I bought a couple of GT cars by being on a list and it opened the door to build a solid relationship with a couple of dealers.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:12 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

All of this talk of building a relationship with the dealers is off putting to me. Having dealt with new and used car dealers in my business for nearly 20 years I can tell you that I'd trust any dealer about as much as I'd trust ol' Hillary. Most are total one way douchebags. I want to buy a car not get into bed with them... or Hil for that matter.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:48 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
All of this talk of building a relationship with the dealers is off putting to me. Having dealt with new and used car dealers in my business for nearly 20 years I can tell you that I'd trust any dealer about as much as I'd trust ol' Hillary. Most are total one way douchebags. I want to buy a car not get into bed with them... or Hil for that matter.
Personally, I don't want the relationship per se; I just want to order a car my way and pay sticker.

Quick Reply: Is anyone really sure of what the new 991 GT3 and RS are going to be?