FINALIZED my RS build...!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 11:42 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
Phil
Get the track app so you can analyze your laps etc!
I had it in my 3. Never used it. I intend to use Harry's Laptimer.

I may just have to add it for the clock.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:43 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT234RS
January 2017 delivery for MY2016? It's wired
It's built in December 2016. Soooooooo.....

Seemed reasonable that the manufacturer designates peer the year it's built....

However, I'm aware that's not always the case.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:02 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche changes model year production in July. Ex. All the '16 GT3 were built in '15. So it is odd being w/ Porsche for 11 yrs to see the last RS not being '17 models.

As others noted- I'd take off the xm option.. Kills that beautiful roofline. Ran Sat radio off my iPhone yesterday for a test and it was fine.

I'd say in creating a one of a kind vehicle that PTS, LTS, or even STS will give your car a notch above its standard option peers, but I understand the idea that silver thread blends nicely & for the cost.. Yeah - silver is cool

Enjoy!
Old 09-04-2016, 04:18 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by German_Saint
Porsche changes model year production in July. Ex. All the '16 GT3 were built in '15. So it is odd being w/ Porsche for 11 yrs to see the last RS not being '17 models.

As others noted- I'd take off the xm option.. Kills that beautiful roofline. Ran Sat radio off my iPhone yesterday for a test and it was fine.

I'd say in creating a one of a kind vehicle that PTS, LTS, or even STS will give your car a notch above its standard option peers, but I understand the idea that silver thread blends nicely & for the cost.. Yeah - silver is cool

Enjoy!
Gotcha. Interesting....re the model year. I'm familiar with how other manufacturers do it. Wonder why my RS will be 2016. Hmmmm....?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'LTS' or 'STS'.

I know PTS as Paint to Sample though!
Old 09-04-2016, 05:15 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Gotcha. Interesting....re the model year. I'm familiar with how other manufacturers do it. Wonder why my RS will be 2016. Hmmmm....? Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'LTS' or 'STS'. I know PTS as Paint to Sample though!
Leather to sample Stitching to sample I haven't seen any leather besides the std black on the GT3/RS, but I have seen the RS for sale here on RL w/ Mexico blue - the slats were painted w/ CXX blue piping on the seats Looked really good imo. You can always add/ take-away what you like, but you only get one certificate with how it was built at the factory. Pull up some older 993TT for sale threads and you'll see ppl talk about rare factory options etc. I have learned a good bit here on RL & some of the stuff on CXX "customer recommended further customization" is where I lose interest. Looks like a price gouge. So with that said unless I had a specific vision to tie a PTS together I'd stay w/ free stitching & take a great vacation/ Porsche driving or just -- crazy-- keep my money on my side.

I'll try to load a photo of the Mx RS since this is a build thread.
Attached Images  

Last edited by German_Saint; 09-05-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:45 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by German_Saint
Leather to sample Stitching to sample I haven't seen any leather besides the std black on the GT3/RS, but I have seen the RS for sale here on RL w/ Mexico blue - the slats were painted w/ CXX blue piping on the seats Looked really good imo. You can always add/ take-away what you like, but you only get one certificate with how it was built at the factory. Pull up some older 993TT for sale threads and you'll see ppl talk about rare factory options etc. I have learned a good bit here on RL & some of the stuff on CXX "customer recommended further customization" is where I lose interest. Looks like a price gouge. So with that said unless I had a specific vision to tie a PTS together I'd stay w/ free stitching & take a great vacation/ Porsche driving or just -- crazy-- keep my money on my side.

I'll try to load a photo of the Mx RS since this is a build thread.
Great points! Thanks bud!
Old 09-06-2016, 01:01 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

the only cxx I did is steering column in leather, I think well worth it with a full leather interior and all the stitching. I recommend it!

Contemplated yellow stitching (car is UV) but ulimately stuck with silver, could not justify $6k for it
Old 09-06-2016, 03:04 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porschemeister
the only cxx I did is steering column in leather, I think well worth it with a full leather interior and all the stitching. I recommend it!

Contemplated yellow stitching (car is UV) but ulimately stuck with silver, could not justify $6k for it

We are in total alignment here. The leather steering column is the only CXX I did as well.

And yep.... $6k for stitching is just ridiculous. MAYBE if it was $4k....and I still would think it's expensive. I just don't see how it can cost Porsche a significant amount $$ to change the thread color in the darn sewing machine.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

In ROW markets this would be a MY17 991 GT3 Phil. I have a friend with a November build and its a MY17 car. Change over is usually between July and early September.

There is a recent PCCB thread where a couple of RL track junkies with PCCB on 991 GT3RS have had some alarming wear issues on rotors so my only advice would be to look at that thread if you haven't already done so. It may depend on track and how hard you are pushing it. Just a thought.

Otherwise looks great. Will definitely stand out from the pack.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:34 AM
rave426
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Surprised they are still allocating these things
Old 09-06-2016, 09:48 AM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil > Enjoy your RS
Old 09-06-2016, 03:58 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
In ROW markets this would be a MY17 991 GT3 Phil. I have a friend with a November build and its a MY17 car. Change over is usually between July and early September.

There is a recent PCCB thread where a couple of RL track junkies with PCCB on 991 GT3RS have had some alarming wear issues on rotors so my only advice would be to look at that thread if you haven't already done so. It may depend on track and how hard you are pushing it. Just a thought.

Otherwise looks great. Will definitely stand out from the pack.
hmmm...interesting re 2017 vs 2016 MY. I'm going to double check. My build sheet says MY2016. Hmmm?🤔

As for the PCCBs.... I did see that thread. My intention is to replace the discs right away with Girodisc's.

Good looking out bud!! Thanks!!! 👍🏼

really appreciate your support and help. 😊
Old 09-06-2016, 10:41 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rave426
Surprised they are still allocating these things
This was one of the 'additional 100' that Porsche released.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:43 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dntlvet
Phil > Enjoy your RS
Thanks bud!

Quick Reply: FINALIZED my RS build...!