Sponsored by:

FINALIZED my RS build...!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 11:08 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Phil, three things catch my eye on your build. 1. I see you ordered the pccb's. Very interesting since you said you're tracking a lot. 2. Air vents painted, curious what colour? 3. And finally, the yellow belts show $0. I didn't realize yellow belts were a no charge on the RS. Nice build by the way. The agony still continues.
Hey bud!
1. PCCB's - first...I wanted yellow calipers! (Lol )
Second, I'll likely replace the discs with Girodisc's within the first year. I could also consider having the discs refurbished for approx $4k. Lastly, I loved the PCCB's on my 3 and they are amazing on my current Cayenne Turbo S.
2. Air vents: (not the slats) will be painted the color of the car: white. So from the inside it will just be the small strips of trim that will be visible. But with the doors open, you'll be able to see the full side of the driver and passenger's vents. I've seen pictures of this and really like how it looks.
3. Seat belts: yeah....it was a nice surprise for sure! Though, we all know....we pay for it somewhere!!!!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:16 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C2Spin
Congrats!! The car will be beautiful. What scheme did you go with? The orange? Look forward to seeing you again in the Spring.
Thanks man. I'll do my best to appreciate it and be a good steward for the RS!

So far I'm still heavily leaning towards the original yellow one I posted.

Which, by the way is the culmination of LOTS of renderings and changes over the past 1.5-2 months.

Though, I'm meeting with my designers this weekend and we are going to 'play' with a green and yellow concept.
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2016, 01:53 AM
MJK-PurpleRS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$1,720.00 (why painted air vents), i think it looks to busy. I spent the 7K on deviated stitching and it makes a world of difference, its so nice in my RS i take naps in it while parked!!,or sit in it to think!! I fit the carbon bucket seats perfectly and it feels good on my back. The RS is on a whole different level than i have ever experienced. I test drove the Lambo Huracan, felt horrible..-I got it bad for 911's.
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2016, 04:02 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MJK-PurpleRS
$1,720.00 (why painted air vents), i think it looks to busy. I spent the 7K on deviated stitching and it makes a world of difference, its so nice in my RS i take naps in it while parked!!,or sit in it to think!! I fit the carbon bucket seats perfectly and it feels good on my back. The RS is on a whole different level than i have ever experienced. I test drove the Lambo Huracan, felt horrible..-I got it bad for 911's.
Busy? I think you are referring to the painted vent SLATS.

When it's just the vents all you see while in the car is the trim (normally silver) around the outside. When the door is open you see more of the color on the sides, but 'busy' isn't the most accurate description. Either way, I like it.

PLUS....the seat belts and door pulls can be changed. Stiching....? Nooot so easily. Lol.) This ability allows me to change up the accent colors. The silver stiching can really go with any highlight color.

Actually, I think the stitching (while I like it) is more likely be construed/described (by some) as 'busy' more so than the painted vents. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Either way, your UV beast is gorgeous! Glad to see and hear your enjoying it!
Old 09-03-2016, 08:20 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

I think the painted vent slats are a great option. adds some color to an otherwise rather dull and dark interior. Plus, the added stitching really stands out. Good choice!

I added them to my build, but took it a step further by doing them in Guards Red to match the seat belts and door pulls; ties in with calipers as well since getting steels.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 09-03-2016, 08:55 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Thanks bud!!

Can you post pics of your GT3? I don't recall seeing any after your graphics?
Here is few photos of my GT 3.

Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2016, 12:47 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by csfastp
Here is few photos of my GT 3.

YES!! Love it! I really enjoy seeing folks add their own 'flavor' to their ride. Nicely done!
Old 09-03-2016, 12:50 PM
GT234RS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

January 2017 delivery for MY2016? It's wired
Old 09-03-2016, 12:53 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by disden
I think the painted vent slats are a great option. adds some color to an otherwise rather dull and dark interior. Plus, the added stitching really stands out. Good choice!

I added them to my build, but took it a step further by doing them in Guards Red to match the seat belts and door pulls; ties in with calipers as well since getting steels.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
I also like the vent SLATS painted. Though, I didn't get the slats done. I got the vent housings / trim done. See here, scroll down: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...x-options.html
Old 09-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil
Get the track app so you can analyze your laps etc!
Old 09-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW my UV RS will be built in Oct
Old 09-03-2016, 04:01 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I've has Sirius in every car for years as I enjoy it and the weather info. But you make a point..... Can you expand on the cell streaming options?

I worked in telecom for 15 years. Now in IT enterprise software. It was always my understanding that satellite bandwidth was superior to cell. Especially now with all the cellular devices and the carriers still behind the 8-ball.

Either way, interested in your perspective.

Thanks Nate.
There are many options of course, but I like Amazon Music, you can download songs/cds you buy permanently onto your phone/device so I have a few thousand songs with me if cell coverage is down for whatever reason. If you have amazon prime you can stream anything in the library and playlist.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:16 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks man. I'll do my best to appreciate it and be a good steward for the RS!

So far I'm still heavily leaning towards the original yellow one I posted.

Which, by the way is the culmination of LOTS of renderings and changes over the past 1.5-2 months.

Though, I'm meeting with my designers this weekend and we are going to 'play' with a green and yellow concept.
Phil, you have to go with the yellow rendering. You already chose the yellow belts and pccb's. And by the way, I'm partial to yellow.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:36 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bronson7
Phil, you have to go with the yellow rendering. You already chose the yellow belts and pccb's. And by the way, I'm partial to yellow.
Hey bud! Thanks for the support and good vibes, brother.

I'm going to definitely at a minimum incorporate yellow into the design....but will be 'playing' with some new ideas/colors tomorrow it's my designers.

And I can also change the belts / door pulls fairly easily which gives me future flexibility.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:40 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
BTW my UV RS will be built in Oct
YOU DID IT?!?!?!?!! Please tell me yes!!!!

Quick Reply: FINALIZED my RS build...!