Porsche vs Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 11:33 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a great stable, what I would call bi-winning

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I've taken a ride inside both. I like the way the Italian screams and I love the way the German gets things done over and over.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:49 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Tough call.
easy, the brunette and reduce to C cup
Old 08-05-2016, 01:27 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Put a fair amount of miles on my 430 scud and 458 coupe. Both were very reliable.

F cars easy to drive fast and sound great.

P cars make you work for it...in a great way.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by carz80am
Yeah, I regret every day selling my gt3. Sharkwerks exhaust and that 9k rpm made my daily drive fun. The nsx sound does seem subdued from videos I've seen, maybe have to go aftermarket. Chris Harris gave a good review and seen a few other good reviews so we'll see. The good thing is if I don't like it, I think I'm early enough to get out and not get burned.
I thought you had just had the GT3 sorted out under warranty? Bit surprised you sold it, but very much looking forward to your NSX review. A bit of variety is always good...
Old 08-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like both, different flavors of ice cream. But if you want a heads up on a good deal, the 599 GTB is a steal right now. Your 911 would love a V12 stablemate.
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2016, 08:00 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

I'm biased but based on my ownership experiences on track and road I can't really put faith into certain cars.

The Huracan is a good looking car- much better than the Gallardo. Interior if you spec it right is very sweet. Color is subjective and you can't say lambos suck because you don't like some color. Fun to drive, good noise, not worth tracking extensively as it feels like the traction algorithms are oddly programmed and the car ratchets while yaw reduction fights your right foot. Feels like the R8 in that regard which limits the on-limit confidence.

The 458 is very pretty but felt brittle to me, having driven two different cars that was the same. I also didn't like the steering and felt it was too artificial. Ride quality and brakes are dodgy. Trans and engine noise are superb. Easy to slide, drift, and be a hooligan.

The 458 speciale moves the game along for sure but for similar price the 675LT just absolutely crushes it.

GT3/RS make GREAT noises (not the best unless you do side muffler bypass) have great brakes, and can take a lot of punishment chassis wise. Sure there is the engine issue (warranty) but since the car just slowly evolved and then came out with new gizmos all at once early adopters got stung.

Budget concerns- get the porsche.
Can only have one car? Stretch for the LT.
Can get multiple cars? GT3RS and LT/Speciale
Lookin for babes? 458 spider
Lookin for babes that want to rip you off? Huracan spider
Old 08-05-2016, 08:01 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by Houndstooth
I like both, different flavors of ice cream. But if you want a heads up on a good deal, the 599 GTB is a steal right now. Your 911 would love a V12 stablemate.
I miss my 599
Old 08-05-2016, 08:27 AM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I thought you had just had the GT3 sorted out under warranty? Bit surprised you sold it, but very much looking forward to your NSX review. A bit of variety is always good...
I did get my gt3 sorted out and sold it cause I was getting an rs. I never tried buckets and when my RS came in with buckets, I didn't like them, so I sold the rs. regret selling it though. For someone who wants to drive a car daily, the gt3 with sofa's was fun.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by carz80am
I did get my gt3 sorted out and sold it cause I was getting an rs. I never tried buckets and when my RS came in with buckets, I didn't like them, so I sold the rs. regret selling it though. For someone who wants to drive a car daily, the gt3 with sofa's was fun.
I agree. If I weren't using it on track I'd take the sofas. Damn good seats for everything other than 10/10ths on the track. Interestingly I had a GT4 on order with the folding buckets I have in my GT3. I tried the one piece 918 style s eat but found the GT2 style better fitting (not so long or wide base) and less upright (when a helmet is on). They also wear very well. In our market we can order sodas, 918 style or GT2 style seats on all GT cars luckily, like Europe.

Hey you can always buy another GT3. Plenty out there including a lovely MY16 someone on here just listed today. Has the G engine updates already from the factory...
Old 08-05-2016, 09:48 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,128 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by ****
In my transition to altitude (Denver, CO) I feel like my 458 lost a lot more than my RS did. Does that make any sense?
They should both lose the same percentage and since the 458 has more power to start with, it would lose more hp (given same percentage loss).
Old 08-05-2016, 10:05 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'm biased but based on my ownership experiences on track and road I can't really put faith into certain cars.

The Huracan is a good looking car- much better than the Gallardo. Interior if you spec it right is very sweet. Color is subjective and you can't say lambos suck because you don't like some color. Fun to drive, good noise, not worth tracking extensively as it feels like the traction algorithms are oddly programmed and the car ratchets while yaw reduction fights your right foot. Feels like the R8 in that regard which limits the on-limit confidence.

The 458 is very pretty but felt brittle to me, having driven two different cars that was the same. I also didn't like the steering and felt it was too artificial. Ride quality and brakes are dodgy. Trans and engine noise are superb. Easy to slide, drift, and be a hooligan.

The 458 speciale moves the game along for sure but for similar price the 675LT just absolutely crushes it.

GT3/RS make GREAT noises (not the best unless you do side muffler bypass) have great brakes, and can take a lot of punishment chassis wise. Sure there is the engine issue (warranty) but since the car just slowly evolved and then came out with new gizmos all at once early adopters got stung.

Budget concerns- get the porsche.
Can only have one car? Stretch for the LT.
Can get multiple cars? GT3RS and LT/Speciale
Lookin for babes? 458 spider
Lookin for babes that want to rip you off? Huracan spider
I love this post. Everything you need to know right here LOL.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:27 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I've taken a ride inside both. I like the way the Italian screams and I love the way the German gets things done over and over.
Are you talking about cars, or girls?
Old 08-05-2016, 10:35 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Are you talking about cars, or girls?
I hope our wives don't read Rennlist... Lol!
Old 08-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

I agree with CJ. For me the Italians are pretty to look at but the Germans get things done.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
The 458 is very pretty but felt brittle to me, having driven two different cars that was the same. I also didn't like the steering and felt it was too artificial.
Interesting. The steering is on the lighter side on the 458 but I've never experienced any braking issues on my 458. I went to the Ferrari driving school at Mont-Tremblant (epic circuit btw) and we literally thrashed 20 different 458's all week without issues. They did have a mechanic on hand to swap brakes when needed but the cars performed without issues.

Quick Reply: Porsche vs Ferrari