Sponsored by:

IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
We have heard the rumor of additional RS allocations from several sources over the past few months. We have also seen some of the rennlist brethren get the call.

My close, non cleaning lady level source tells me the allocations that we have seen trickle out are specials, gift or reward allocations given directly to large dealers that have met specific other sales targets and such.

Have we now reached the end of the RS allocations or are there more to come?

Ryan
Ryan, your non cleaning lady backs up what I've heard from other non cleaning ladies! These "non cleaning ladies" who live in the dark recesses of Peeville have been more reliable in the past than the regular cleaning ladies who've been touting their somewhat aging and more often than not drooping wares on this forum.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
We have heard the rumor of additional RS allocations from several sources over the past few months. We have also seen some of the rennlist brethren get the call.

My close, non cleaning lady level source tells me the allocations that we have seen trickle out are specials, gift or reward allocations given directly to large dealers that have met specific other sales targets and such.

Have we now reached the end of the RS allocations or are there more to come?

Ryan
ditto
Old 07-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I get the same blasé reply from every Porsche employee when I ask the question about the high production numbers, 'Porsche never committed to anything'. This is very true, I cannot find any press release that mentions numbers. But the way they released the allocations was a very clear method to create artificial scarcity and many current owners are understandably very annoyed about this.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

The 911R is definitely helping potential RS buyers. Porsche is feeling the pressure to make happy the $$$ spenders as noted earlier. Not like someone denied an R is going to be happy with a new Panamera allocation

You're definitely going to see downward pressure on all the RS's out there sitting at high prices.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

I was told I had a late RS allocation coming my way before R was launched; it ended up being a December build. So pretty sure mine was unrelated to making up for unsatisfied R demand. I didn't ask for an R. Not saying I'd pass one up, though! And it was known about late Feb/early March. I did beg, plead and do lots of business with the dealer to get RS though.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:55 PM
maximus136
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Haku no problem.....never was offended!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:57 PM
maximus136
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Satco....no problem I understand that not beign able to speak makes it harder to see the context of things....it's cool!!
Old 07-01-2016, 06:07 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

There definitely appear to allocations trickling out, unless it's just a coincidence. I have been contacted by a few dealers that are selling a GT3 RS, but they still wanted 25K over MSRP.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:12 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any Canucks on board hearing any rumblings on late allocations trickling out?
Old 07-01-2016, 07:21 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
I agree with you, I consider myself a great, loyal Porsche enthusiast / customer...I am not a car flipper and have tried for over 2 yrs to get on the rs list , I don't want to pay $50k over sticker! So getting dicked around is putting it mildly
I hope they build as many as possible so we all can buy one, Getting "dicked around" hurts the company and all of us. Imagine not knowing any of this you read about the car in a magazine and decide you want one and get attitude, you take your money elsewhere, you dont buy a cayenne for wife, or a Panamera instead on an S class PAG makes less money, theres less $ for R&D, racing etc etc, life sux…..I never heard any claims of an artificially limited #, I hope they make enough to satisfy demand +1, sithat they all sell for MSRP and one guy gets 1k off
Old 07-01-2016, 09:05 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

odd, when I called in to talk to my sales guy earlier this week about which bases to cover...really just talking about a .2 with a manual, he out of the blue asked me if I wanted an RS. A car I long wanted but gave up on and moved on. How about them apples.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
odd, when I called in to talk to my sales guy earlier this week about which bases to cover...really just talking about a .2 with a manual, he out of the blue asked me if I wanted an RS. A car I long wanted but gave up on and moved on. How about them apples.
Wow! At msrp?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:04 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Did you take the offer?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:15 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Was still a pretty big market adjustment. I just don't think it will hold, and I'm not the kind of person who could take that kind of hit and not blink like a lot of others.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:00 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mika911
I get the same blasé reply from every Porsche employee when I ask the question about the high production numbers, 'Porsche never committed to anything'. This is very true, I cannot find any press release that mentions numbers. But the way they released the allocations was a very clear method to create artificial scarcity and many current owners are understandably very annoyed about this.
Many potential owners are also annoyed

Quick Reply: IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!