Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016 | 03:11 AM
0-60 freak
Racer

Originally Posted by theunitedstates
There definitely appear to allocations trickling out, unless it's just a coincidence. I have been contacted by a few dealers that are selling a GT3 RS, but they still wanted 25K over MSRP.
Please share where these $25K over rs's are!
Old 07-02-2016 | 03:13 AM
0-60 freak
Racer

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
odd, when I called in to talk to my sales guy earlier this week about which bases to cover...really just talking about a .2 with a manual, he out of the blue asked me if I wanted an RS. A car I long wanted but gave up on and moved on. How about them apples.
Ummmmm........ I want one!
Old 07-02-2016 | 03:23 AM
0-60 freak
Racer

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Many potential owners are also annoyed
understatement of the decade. After telling my long time Porsche salesman that I cant buy his u/v rs for $55k over, he's not even responding much anymore to my messages .....His last statement was that I should really buy local and keep the relationship so I can have the shot at the gt cars in years to come....I laughed and said that you guys are rewarding my loyalty by offering me a titled 55k over car instead of giving me a allocation. So I summed it up by telling him, your dealership has no loyalty to me, therefor I feel no obligation to stay loyal to you!
Old 07-02-2016 | 03:37 AM
Mika911
Racer

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Many potential owners are also annoyed
But there are so many cars on the market now, I have no doubt they are soon available for list or below to whoever wants one.
Old 07-02-2016 | 07:28 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Was still a pretty big market adjustment. I just don't think it will hold, and I'm not the kind of person who could take that kind of hit and not blink like a lot of others.
I hope you didn't tell them that. Just tell them that you got tired of being dicked around and went out of brand but will consider coming back for MSRP deal on a .2 GT3/RS
Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
understatement of the decade. After telling my long time Porsche salesman that I cant buy his u/v rs for $55k over, he's not even responding much anymore to my messages .....His last statement was that I should really buy local and keep the relationship so I can have the shot at the gt cars in years to come....I laughed and said that you guys are rewarding my loyalty by offering me a titled 55k over car instead of giving me a allocation. So I summed it up by telling him, your dealership has no loyalty to me, therefor I feel no obligation to stay loyal to you!
So perfect!!! They need to hear things like this more often!
Old 07-02-2016 | 07:50 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mika911
But there are so many cars on the market now, I have no doubt they are soon available for list or below to whoever wants one.
So many cars on the market? I respectfully beg to differ. As of this morning there are 19 pre-owned at dealerships (USA). eBay etc doesn't count. Prices are holding firm and the 100's of new allocations that were supposedly going to be released was in effect a teeny special release trickle to a select few dealerships. IMO, we have reached the end of the line.
Old 07-02-2016 | 08:15 AM
Mika911
Racer

Originally Posted by Haku
So many cars on the market? I respectfully beg to differ. As of this morning there are 19 pre-owned at dealerships (USA). eBay etc doesn't count. Prices are holding firm and the 100's of new allocations that were supposedly going to be released was in effect a teeny special release trickle to a select few dealerships. IMO, we have reached the end of the line.
In Europe mainland there are 200+ for sale. My local OPC in Holland is selling delivery miles cars at list. I think we are soon going to reach global saturation. Great because there are many on track to play with, not so great if you thought you got something special and unique.

As the title says, it is what it is :-)
Old 07-02-2016 | 08:25 AM
achenator
Racer

What do you mean by eBay etc doesn't count? They are cars for sale on the market, aren't they? my dealer has a car that I haven't seen listed anywhere on the net, even their website. I wonder how many more like that.
Old 07-02-2016 | 08:35 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Mika911, as you know the US market is quite different to the rest of the world and in this instance we've primarily been addressing the situation and access to the RS in the US.

achenator, not much on eBay can be substantiated and one is free to list a car at any pie in the sky price and ultimately not even have a genuine and realistic desire to sell. I for one never take eBay as a price or availability guide. Hence my reason.
Old 07-02-2016 | 09:04 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

At the end of the day time will flush out the real sellers and the real buyers.
Old 07-02-2016 | 09:09 AM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Regardless of how many 991 RS' show up on the used market for sale, I highly doubt there are more than 2500 produced. I come to this conclusion based on stats that I picked up from people at my dealership. They received just over 20 991 GT3 allocations. Aside from three RS allocations for 918 VIP's and one PAG allocation for a special client, they only received 6 RS allocations to give to people on their list. 2 during the initial release, 1 in the fall of last year, 1 when the rumored 60 were dealt out in March (I got that one at MSRP) and two when the rumored extra 100 were dealt out recently. Even if my numbers are off a bit, it would still be one RS for every two GT3's. Although one dealer is not indicative of the whole market, I think it paints a valid picture.

In Christopherous, they mentioned that Porsche was making 2000 units. Not a limited fixed number, but that's what Porsche planned for. It makes sense that they keep making them alongside the R, if the demand is there, but I say 2500 units tops.

Just my 3 cents. (2 cent MSRP + Market Adjustment)
Old 07-02-2016 | 09:16 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

This bickering over values and prices underscores the fact there are many that want an RS and are butt hurt not getting one and still want one at "their" price. I get it.

We all knew there would be another run of about 100 RSs. This was discussed and confirmed. I believe it is these cars that are trickling out.

Wasn't there the same non-sense with the previous gen RSs? Did Porsche ramp up production to 5000 ww? No.

Just about every car dealer of every make pulls this stunt. In fact Ferrari dealers are worse based on what I was told last weekend. Ferrari won't let dealers mark up. But some dealers sell at list to shills and buy back used and then sell at "market". Cute.

Want a GT350R? I know where one is at $20k over. Want a Track Pack. At least $5,000 over. Boss 302 was the same and $10k over in most places. Ford GTs were $165k list. ADMs doubled the price. They came down to list again for a time but now around $300k for nice example. WW production of FGT is just over 4000.

I understand there are approximately 200 Porsche dealers in the U.S. With WW production going from 2000 to 5000 and even if the US only got 1/2 of that my poor math skills indicate each dealer would be getting 20+\- RSs. Does this make sense? No, not to me.

What I know for fact is my dealer is in the top 20 in U.S. I'm still waiting for a call.I know they got 1 additional allocation that went to someone above me on list. I am told I am now " right there" for next GT. They still have my $.

Porsche gearing up for GT2 and new GT3. That's the focus. Not ramping up RS production to make a relatively few P customers happy by flooding market with one of their prized GT cars so they can get theirs at list.

Just say'n. My French maid explained all this to me this morning. Thought I'd share. ( the info..not her.)
Old 07-02-2016 | 09:31 AM
STG
Race Director

Interesting, cars.com shows 48 used 2016 RS's, while there are 121 used 2014-2016 GT3's. That's quite a few RS's considering the GT3 is 3 years of production. Maybe two if you don't count the 16's as they where low in numbers. Still, quite the # of RS's out there sitting doing nothing. These are also RS's that haven't been driven while all of the GT3's at least have some miles on them!

The RS $ is a higher priced car that is out of reach to many who would be a GT3 buyer in the $150's. I think that's why prices will fall closer (within $10K) to MSRP within a year.

I really don't think you'll see any flood of new allocations. Not even 1 car per dealer in the US. The thing that will have the biggest impact on prices is when the "next" model starts delivering. Used GT3's have doubled since the RS was released.

# of cars on top of pics
Old 07-02-2016 | 09:47 AM
STG
Race Director

Old 07-02-2016 | 09:55 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Morning guys. See I missed plenty in here.

Same old recycled talk. Including myself.

One unresolved matter ... Where's MARV?

Quick Reply: IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!